MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

NEW SONG: gathering FEEDBACK (temporal link!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: NEW SONG: gathering FEEDBACK (temporal link!) Reply with quote

well this is the second song for the short movie, most of you had already listened to al atardecer, a very short piece for the credits, last night precisely i ended up putting up the vocals, yet again a collab with daniel tejerina but this time even more interactively :) ), taking part in both music and lyrics, it's a very simple song, hmm it's just out of the toaster. Yes, as the other atardecer bit very sad, but well according to the screenplay, it has to be sad and almost depressing LOL hahahah i guess they contacted me cos of so, hahahahah

so any feedback is welcomed, so far it's temporaly linked here

www.yidneth.com/data/mp3/...egundo.mp3

the lyrics goes as :

Once i was told i have no soul so in its place it's left a hole

but if it's so why does remorse keeps on reminding me all things i did wrong?

unspoken sins that i regret, a thousand secrets i long to confess

i failed the truth, deceived myself, but i just found nowhere else to run

so i run away through the twisted turns of fate

till i realized i got lost again and i fell and prayed not to be awake

will this heart of mine start to feel again?

i know it will somehow when this dream comes to an end

--------------------------------------------------------

i'm making other sad song about kira, but well i'm happy to say i'm making two joyful songs now, one celtic, sort of celt pop with cath, and anothe pop song in spanish called (eres una araña (you are a spider) very cynic, but definetly not very sad LOL )

Edited by: yidneth at: 11/28/03 5:05 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

Spacial song! I love hearing your songs Pris! Your vocals seem to start very in the background... The piano is haunting. Ah so your vocals get more forward as the song moves on. Oh my - so majestic sounding! What a moving tribute. Thank you for posting.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

thanks chris

this is not kira's song, it's sad and i'm sad cos of kira which inspires me a lot, but this one is for a short movie here in spain. You think we should upfront more the vocals at the beginning, this has been a fast mix to be honest LOL

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

Yes the vocals are underneath at the beginning - I thought you did that on purpose - hahahaha So this is for a movie? A SAD movie?

|Talk Soup |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

it's for a short movie yes,

it was filmed in Bilbao, and the preview got pre-featured in some festivals, so the director decided to make a better soundtrack, that has to be ready for december, i'm working along with the composer of the soundtrack, but honestly i'm being superfree, to make whatever i please over the basic chords, and even interact with the music, recordings and such, daniel is a supergreat composer to work with :) and always respect your turns and decisions too which was great :) )

the short movie has a very hmm well it's SAD, definetly, not my cup of tea of argument but I carry on with the soundtrack so i guess i'll love to watch it when ready LOL. it's about a spirit of a medium-age man that chooses to leave heaven for purgatory or something like that because in heaven you don't have to long for nothing anymore and he keeps on dreaming about the woman he loved and he keeps to forgetting about her there, or something like that, hard to explain :) )

tells his life and decay in flashbacks too,

well the voice is much quieter at the beginning itself, cos i sung much quieter, the fact is that the volume is leveled as a whole, so it was a coincidence lol dunno

i'm not much in technical things,

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

Wow! That sounds like a deep moving and your music will make it even more poignant. Can I come along with you to Cannes Film Festival when it opens there? :banana

|Talk Soup |

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

:) )

well daniel told me the reverb is too bright so he's changing it , but it seems it's gonna be more ore less that way :) ) now we're waiting the reply from the maker of the short movie :) it's gonna be fun to see us in the credits :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

listening... - like I don't know you..

like the vocal treatment......

cymbal wash is too loud......

song is too short - no "structure" to it.....

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

drooly

both songs this one and the other atardecer (which is still much shorter) are restricted in lenght because they are only passages of song during the short movie, so we're really restricted in time, we had one minute for the credits, and about two minutes to this one, so i just had space enough to make the verse and chorus and at the end i decided to forget about structure and just sing what i wanted to tell, due to the screenplay. I'm sad you didn't like it.

hm

the mix probably is to be improved still, will take note of the saturation volume of the instruments :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: :)) temporal link! NEW SONG! Reply with quote

I didn't say I don't like it.

Actually - I think it's kind of nice.....

But I think it should be structured better for such a short time frame.....

It needs a beginning, a build, an ebb and flow, then an ending.

And the cymbal wash is too loud.

Didn't say I don't like it, ya silly..........:kiss

4teetoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: ummm Reply with quote

pris, i love it! it's very stirring and touching...

drooly, why does a song have to have a certain structure? isn't art an expression of something that is beyond the confines of rules of this sort?

also, drooly, you have toilet paper stuck to your shoe. :nana

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ummm Reply with quote

Pris...i am just mad you will not sing any of my stuff :bleh :stress :kiss

Mark

www.soundclick.com/damienproject

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ummm Reply with quote

doesn't HAVE to have a certain structure, smock.....

That's just my personal preference.........

.smack.is.still.in.here.dammit.

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

we remixed the vocals again, so i'll replace the song for a sound with less reverb, it's sounds clearer i think,

drooly it's perfect licit that you like songs with other structure, :) ) it's your taste

well if it were me only, but i had guidelines, from the director and from the basis of the composer, so i just had to follow them, and make my work. musically that was the time and premade basis i had, and i rather not to repeat verses but try to tell all the things i had to say during it, it shows during a passage only, probably they will even split the actual recording fading it out and only taking the chorus or the intro, i don't even know yet

it was fun

i'm making now a song with catherine duc, and one spanish pop song XD which is gonna be funny to sing :) i needed a break with something a little bit less,... moody LOL, but well.. i'm also proud they contacted me to express sadness, and i didn't dissapointment, so i consider my job well done :) )

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

Quote:
so i consider my job well done

lol... - so do I, Pris, so do I...... - truly.....

I'm sure you understand the meaning behind my harsh way of expressing myself....

¿usted?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: