MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

HELP! The lunatics are taking over the asylum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: This what you misjudged Mike.. Reply with quote

Well, do I get you wrong or are you a "creationist" then?

Anyway, even Sokrates described the method I talked about already 400 years before Jesus Christ...

Yes I'm aware of the point you're making, only you're making it in defense of the person who is guilty of doing jusy that, that's my objection..

And another deception being made by RJ you also obviously missed. Creationism is not being taught as fact in any public school in America while Evolution IS TAUGHT AS FACT IN EVERY PUBLIC SCHOOL when it has never been proven to be true.

The Kansas Decision to bring Creationism into the equation is to give students an another perspective on the origins of their world and to let them make rational judgements on the merits of Evolution themselves, not have it imposed on them as actual fact.... This is our birthright as Americans.., to question and challenge the status-quo when we see fit to do so.

The Real Professor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: no, no, no Reply with quote

"The Kansas Decision to bring Creationism into the equation is to give students an another perspective on the origins of their world and to let them make rational judgements on the merits of Evolution themselves, not have it imposed on them as actual fact.... This is our birthright as Americans.., to question and challenge the status-quo when we see fit to do so."

How naive you are, my boy. You believe in the abstract ideals of your society. Do you really think that the return of creationism is a blow struck for free thought, or that creationists will stick to honest discourse based on evidence and open argumentation? Are you that naive?

So naive that you deserve the government you have yourselves elected. If you would just stay in your own country and stew in your own ignorance the rest of the world would care little about you, but because you are on the imperialist march across the globe and your religion is a proselytizing one you disturb the sentiments of others. They will inevitably react with hostility.

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Yes, yes, yes... Reply with quote

First, I didn't vote for this present govt., I favored John Kerry but that has nothing to do with the topic of this debate and you are also very misinformed. Again, the Kansas Decision does not advocating teaching Creationism as fact but instead bringing what others believe as the origins of life into larger question. Think of it as a beacon of light shining in the darkness.., not one necessarily that is intended to convert anyone into a religious belief system but instead one that may free people from being forced to accept only one viewpoint on this subject. That may be acceptable totalitiarn regimes but not for the United States of America.

The Real Professor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

"not one necessarily that is intended to convert anyone into a religious belief system"

Absolute, utter nonsense. The decision opens the door to the most powerful institutionalized religion on earth to revive their tried and tested practices of indoctrinating of small children who lack the rationality and self-confidence to fight back. If the intention is to 'enlighten' by exposing children to a greater diversity of views, as you claim, then hundreds of competing creation myths from around the world should be included on the syllabus. Including scientiology and mormonism. Is that what you want?

The Master68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

I don't remember which theory I was taught in school...

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

Sterling30 - "That may be acceptable totalitiarn regimes but not for the United States of America."

Amen!

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Why not? Reply with quote

If the intention is to 'enlighten' by exposing children to a greater diversity of views, as you claim, then hundreds of competing creation myths from around the world should be included on the syllabus. Including scientiology and mormonism. Is that what you want?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I see nothing at all wrong with learning about other cultures view of this issue. And as far as Mormonism goes, I'm not familar with their claims and those Scientology seems a bit over the top in this matter, their beliefs are certainly no more out of line than anyone else's on closer examination..

The Master68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not? Reply with quote

It would be ok, if all these were taught as the mythology they are.

But you have xtians that think it's the holy gospel or whatever the hell they call it...

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not? Reply with quote

M68 - "It would be ok, if all these were taught as the mythology they are."

Ah-ah-ah...the earth and us people had to get here somehow...so one of the things that you're calling a myth obviously isn't or we would not be here to talk about it!

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not? Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah-ah-ah...the earth and us people had to get here somehow...so one of the things that you're calling a myth obviously isn't or we would not be here to talk about it!

So what myth is the truth? There are, after all, quite a staggering number of creation versions around.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Creation explanations all have one thing in common...a supreme being, or "god". I can't tell you which is true as I have no tangible proof to share...but I obviously have my own beliefs.

FWIW, I don't believe the Bible was created to explain creation, but for other purposes.

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
FWIW, I don't believe the Bible was created to explain creation, but for other purposes

Hells bells! That's the second time we agree on something!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Why not? Reply with quote

Quote:

---------------------------

Quote:
So what myth is the truth? There are, after all, quite a staggering number of creation versions around.

Just out of nosy curiousity, which myth and/or theory would you say best accounts for "the earth and us people", Galmin?

(I'm assuming DT7 is of the generic traditional evangelical school of thought. "Generic" is not used dismissively, but rather in the cross-platform sense - not exclusive to any one Xtian denomination. e.g. as Billy Graham's preaching & teaching is cross-platform and could be considered "generic".)

Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Why not? Reply with quote

Quote:
Just out of nosy curiousity, which myth and/or theory would you say best accounts for "the earth and us people", Galmin?

Right about just any. One is as good as the next.

conalrehill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: This what you misjudged Mike.. Reply with quote

"Right about just any."

Or none.

Why can't we just stop pretending to know and leave it as an open question until we know more? In the meantime, we can just continue to refine the evolution model, which is of course more humble because it does [b]not[/b] pretend to answer the question of original creation.

We may never know the answer to the question of creation, and claiming to know now is pure fraud.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: