MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

HELP! The lunatics are taking over the asylum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russky joe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

No, you're the @#%$ who think they are the 'way and the truth'.

I don't have a way of thinking except to stop people getting trapped into your frickin' over-sized religious cult.

Life's just trial and error to me.

And you're one of the frickin' errors.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

Well, it seems that the profanity filter is now on! LOL

So guys, maybe this helps to bring the discussion to an intelligent level. :)

So far we have wittnessed in this thread that "the creationists" use a very old method to "prove" their point.

This method is older than the bible folks :)

The method is called: Argumentum Ad Ignorantiam.

The argumentum ad ignorantiam is useful if your own views do not follow received opinion.

You can persuade others to share these bizarre notions by appealing to the lack of evidence to the contrary.

Only slight difficulty is occasioned by the abundance of evidence in many cases to prove you wrong: you reject the evidence, deploying further ad ignorantiams to show that no one has ever proved the evidence to be reliable. In this way you will be able to sustain a preconceived view of things in the teeth of all sense and experience.

When you are expert at it, you can add the letters 'ad ign.' after those denoting your degree in sociology. After all, no one can prove that you shouldn't.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Actually, Mike, I'm not trying to prove anything about what I believe. The "evolutionists" claim that there is evidence that shows that they are correct in what they believe, while I and others have said...to quote you..."hogwash".

The faith that the "evolutionists" have placed in science is as void of irrefuteable evidence as the faith I have in what I believe. There are those who would have you believe otherwise, but would attack what I believe instead of coming up with evidence to support what they believe. But since my faith requires no evidence, and science does, I would say that they have placed themselves behind their own eightball. According to their own rules, they need to come up with evidence, or recant. Note: Unproven or incomplete theories, no matter how widely accepted, do not constitute scientific evidence...nor have they ever.

garbage detector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: heheh Reply with quote

"But since my faith requires no evidence,"

:aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua :aua

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

By definition, Mr. garbage...by definition! :ft :eyebrow

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Intelligent level Mike??? Reply with quote

Well, it seems that the profanity filter is now on! LOL

So guys, maybe this helps to bring the discussion to an intelligent level.

So far we have wittnessed in this thread that "the creationists" use a very old method to "prove" their point.

This method is older than the bible folks

The method is called: Argumentum Ad Ignorantiam.

The argumentum ad ignorantiam is useful if your own views do not follow received opinion.

You can persuade others to share these bizarre notions by appealing to the lack of evidence to the contrary.

Only slight difficulty is occasioned by the abundance of evidence in many cases to prove you wrong: you reject the evidence, deploying further ad ignorantiams to show that no one has ever proved the evidence to be reliable. In this way you will be able to sustain a preconceived view of things in the teeth of all sense and experience.

When you are expert at it, you can add the letters 'ad ign.' after those denoting your degree in sociology. After all, no one can prove that you shouldn't.

-----------------------------------------

Let's see, the pro-evolutionist crowd have established a pattern of deception since the origins of this hoax and you expect to be taken seriously that they (and you) can now pass moral judgement on those they have proven to historically and throughout this thread have the most hostile contempt for??? (They certainly have never had any type of ulterior motives, now have they Mike???)

And then you have the nerve to convict those targeted by such unethical "science" by convicting them as guiltly of the same underhanded methods used against them that's clear as day in this thread and really expect anyone with a measurable IQ to take you seriously???

Beyond belief..

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Intelligent level Mike??? Reply with quote

Well, do I get you wrong or are you a "creationist" then? :)

Anyway, even Sokrates described the method I talked about already 400 years before Jesus Christ...

The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Intelligent level Mike??? Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for proof of creation...

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Intelligent level Mike??? Reply with quote

Sorry M68...not required by creationists...as it is for evolutionists (there's that science/proof thing, remember?) Though, if it consoles you, you will have your proof when you "meet your maker", so to speak...that's the only proof I can offer you...sorry.

But I will say that if you look at all the facts, it would seem to suggest that evolution occurs in steps, rather than gradually. This would suggest an outside force at work...a force capable of manipulating DNA to create viable life. This is something we humans are nowhere near being able to do (thank God...or who knows what kind of monstrocities we'd come up with in the name of "science"...some creature that ends up inadvertantly killing us all, most likely, as we'd try to come up with some military application first.)

Melody and Instruments for the soul...

The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Intelligent level Mike??? Reply with quote

"Though, if it consoles you, you will have your proof when you "meet your maker", so to speak...that's the only proof I can offer you...sorry."

That's a bunch of hogwash...

Even if what you say is true, I will stand up for my beliefs to god, almighty...

Not cower in fear.

--------------

--------------

garbage detector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: ooooooooooooooooooooh hahahahahahahaha Reply with quote

monstrocities?

god already came up with his own monstrosities

rednecks

can' get any worse than that

The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ooooooooooooooooooooh hahahahahahahaha Reply with quote

I don't know... I've seen alot of forms of trash in my lifetime.

--------------

--------------

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Quote:
DreamTone7

Sorry M68...not required by creationists...as it is for evolutionists (there's that science/proof thing, remember?) Though, if it consoles you, you will have your proof when you "meet your maker", so to speak...that's the only proof I can offer you...sorry.

So I have to hurry up then?

Quote:
(Heaven will not last forever?)

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matt. 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33)

???

Quote:
But I will say that if you look at all the facts, it would seem to suggest that evolution occurs in steps, rather than gradually. This would suggest an outside force at work...a force capable of manipulating DNA to create viable life.

Is the name of the outside force "Jacob"? :)

Quote:
37Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the rods.

38He set the rods which he had peeled in front of the flocks in the runnels, that is, the watering troughs, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink,

39the flocks bred in front of the rods and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted.

40And Jacob separated the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the striped and all the black in the flock of Laban; and he put his own droves apart, and did not put them with Laban’s flock.

41Whenever the stronger of the flock were breeding Jacob laid the rods in the runnels before the eyes of the flock, that they might breed among the rods,

42but for the feebler of the flock he did not lay them there; so the feebler were Laban’s, and the stronger Jacob’s.

43Thus the man grew exceedingly rich, and had large flocks, maidservants and menservants, and camels and asses. (Gen. 30:37-43)

???

Quote:
This is something we humans are nowhere near being able to do (thank God...or who knows what kind of monstrocities we'd come up with in the name of "science"...some creature that ends up inadvertantly killing us all, most likely, as we'd try to come up with some military application first.)

??? Behemoth ???

Quote:
15“Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you; he eats grass like an ox.

16Behold, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly.

17He makes his tail stiff like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together.

18His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like bars of iron.

19“He is the first of the works of God; let him who made him bring near his sword! (Job 40:15-19)

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Mike, your Biblical examples are most certainly out of context...to be honest, I really don't understand what you are trying to say by them.

Although I'm not certain, I believe that "behemoth" could be a rhino, a hippo, or maybe an elephant (mammoth)...but those would only be my guesses. Refer to the KJV...it is a little less ambiguous:

www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/k...te=2079883

Edit: You should have picked leviathon...that one escapes my guess! (A fire-breathing whale?)

Edited by: DreamTone7  at: 12/8/04 22:17
answerraire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Thanks for retiring "russky". He was a bore. You're a bore too, but marginally less of one :t

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: