MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL Reply with quote

Quote:
Johnny Depp: U.S. is like a stupid puppy

Wednesday, September 3, 2003 Posted: 10:17 AM EDT (1417 GMT)

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- Hollywood star Johnny Depp said on Wednesday the United States was a stupid, aggressive puppy and he would not live there until the political climate changed.

The 40-year-old actor, who stars in the "Pirates of the Caribbean," told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in the south of France with his wife, the French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive," he said.

"My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out," said the star of the off-beat films "Edward Scissorhands" and "Dead Man."

Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

"I was ecstatic they re-named 'French Fries' as 'Freedom Fries'. Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots," he told Stern.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL Reply with quote

south of france? boy he is really suffering for principals. a zillionare who does not have to work living in the rivierra. if he wants to show some testicals for principles he should livin in samolia or siberia. sounds more like a permanant vacation.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

So, I'm supposed to give creedance to a man who gets rich off of our countries movie industry and then condemns us? I don't think so. He needs to put his money where his mouth is and do something about it if he feels that strongly. Who is he that we should listen to him, anyway?  >D

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

better point. he has not even made too many movies.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Like I said.... I'm glad I didn't say all that :lol

I guess, he'll have a hard time now in the U.S.................

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL Reply with quote

turns out he married a french chick and has been living there several years. in the g.q. mag he was wearing a che guaverra necklace. why don't he come out of the closet and wear a stalin pin.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL Reply with quote

Quote:
Depp Clarifies Comments

Sep 5, 9:39 EST

Associated Press

Johnny Depp said he intended no "anti-American sentiment" in comparing the nation to a dumb puppy and blamed news reports for misrepresenting his opinions.

Depp, star of the summer hit movie "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," apologized in a statement to those "who were offended, affected or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent." Stern, the German magazine that interviewed the actor, stood by its story.

Depp was quoted as saying that "America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth — that can bite and hurt you, aggressive."

In a statement Thursday, the 40-year-old actor complained that "the inaccurate and out of context misquote" was "virulently spreading in the news."

"Taken in context, what I was saying was that, compared to Europe, America is a very young country and we are still growing as a nation. It is a shame that the metaphor I used was taken so radically out of context and slung about irresponsibly by the news media," Depp said.

"There was no anti-American sentiment. In fact, it was just the opposite," he said. "I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful."

Stern magazine news editor Hans-Peter Junker said Friday that Depp's quotes were "not taken out of context."

"Stern regrets that Johnny Depp is being criticized for his outspoken remarks in his homeland," Junker said. "Stern stands by its account."

Depp spends much of his time in the south of France with his companion, Vanessa Paradis, and their two children. According to the Stern article, Depp said he couldn't see himself paying more than short visits to his Los Angeles residence in the present political climate.

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm so glad I didn't say that! :LOL Reply with quote

What I always find interesting is the dismissive nature of a celebrity's comments. Obviously celebrities are part of the few people who actually get wide spread coverage. But I've been saying for the past ten years that the US is an adolescent in the whole scheme of things and honestly I think that our problems and our approach to world affairs is immature. It's essentially the same thing, but no one prints what I have to say because I'm just a guy who works at a print shop.

But the really odd part is that in the majority of conversations I have, no one dismisses me, they may ask me to qualify my perspective, they may disagree with vehemently, but I'm never dismissed.

Depp has an opinion and he's still an American and he's still entitled to his freedom of speech (which they also have in France). The only really sad part about all of this is his qualification, IMO, simply for economic reasons.

In the 50's and 60's we had HUAC blacklisting and making sure that anyone who was a 'threat' to American security couldn't work. It seems many Americans would like to see such a system once again.

Read all about ME!

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

NRK....it is BECAUSE you work in a print shop that you are not dismissed. Depp is an actor....and after having met and spent time with several, I can attest to the fact that the vast majority (NOT all) are not totally connected to the land of reality (read: not down to earth). It would be like listening to someone who is color blind decide what color the traffic light is....to me, it just doesn't make sense to listen to most of these people. As mentioned though, there are always exceptions....and the freedom of speach allows them to voice their opinions either way.

FWIW, I believe he said what was originally reported....it sounds like a typical French attitude. Methinks he's spent too much time away from his country for his own good! ;)

Edited by: DreamTone7  at: 9/9/03 3:06 pm
Galmin
The King has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Why don't get his films banned and block him from re-entering the country?

It was such a success when it was done to Chaplin.

Quote:
Depp is an actor....and after having met and spent time with several, I can attest to the fact that the vast majority (NOT all) are not totally connected to the land of reality.

Read: Ronald Reagan.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: and the woodman himself.. Reply with quote

Arnold Schwhartisface?

heh.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: and the woodman himself.. Reply with quote

sad but true. and will kennedy famly connections he is leading the better quallified candidate.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

....leave it to Galmin to pick out the exception and present it as a rule. :nana :D

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Quote:
pick out the exception and present it as a rule

Well, it's an equivalency, forest-4-the-trees related combo logic issue there for some. But I believe most other folks know the diff between a 90210 teen heartthrob and the leader of the free world. While President Reagan could demand Gorby to tear down the Berlin Wall and see it done, the 90210 kid is having trouble putting together a coherent sentence. "Puppy dogs"? lol. Celebrities are very usually complete airheads, but this specimen could very well be at the top of the Celeb Pile O' Idiots.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: