MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

What a waste of money! Why is it stored in an archive?!?!? Why doesn't he donate it to charity? Interesting how the Saudis give big gifts hahahaha

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

They will get the archive ready for when GWB ends his presidency and they open a library in his name. However, a normal library is not expected for GWB. Insiders - the voices in my head - have concluded that most of the books to be stored in the library will be from the Dr. Seuss collection and also a collection of Winnie the Pooh classic tales :eek

Also expected to be included: The Official GWB War Colour Book, complete with crayons. :gl

The world is your oyster but the future's a clam

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

Mr Blair's present may have been meant to amuse the president

The Saudis gave George W Bush a million-dollar oil painting, the Italians a £20,000 sculpture - but all he got from Tony Blair was a £216 sponge bag.

The prime minister's present features on a list of gifts given to the US president since he took office in January 2001.

The toilet bag is believed to have been a light-hearted reference to the president's comment on first meeting Mr Blair that they had at least one thing in common - the same toothpaste.

It has "GWB" embossed in gold on the top.

The list, released by US officials, reveals Russian President Vladimir Putin gave Mr Bush an elaborately detailed silver coffee urn with six matching cups and a platter.

The United Arab Emirates presented him with a £12,000 pen studded with rubies and diamonds in an American flag pattern.

And Afghan President Hamid Karzai gave him a £3,000 wool and silk rug.

But Mr Blair's gift was not the cheapest - Morocco gave Mr Bush a £2 jar of fish bait.

Sadly, the president is unlikely to get much use out of either.

They and the thousands of other gifts he has received are collecting dust at the National Archives department.

Jenny Sternaman, archivist at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California, said: "The ironic twist is that all this money gets spent on things no one ever gets to enjoy."

Bush is probably working out what the "GWB" stands for :dunno :h :toc

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

What planet are you from?!?!?! hahahaahhahahahaha You know what - I've never read Winnie the Pooh and I only read one Dr Seuss book (The Cat..) Are these books written by American authors? Cause GWB is very unilateral....

|Talk Soup |

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

Quote:
Cause GWB is very unilateral....

Does unilateral mean dumb? :aua

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

World Leaders giving ridiculous frivolous gifts worth that much money to each other is obscene. And it's proof that they aren't fit to be leaders.

They should have ALL given fish bait....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

As a vegan I have to say NO to Fish Bait!

|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

And, I'm proud to say... - I had enough self-restraint not to send him MY gift.

God is better qualified for such things.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

umm...

I doubt that Dubya is Vegan.

I think he would really go for fish bait.

Besides, I'd rather use fish bait on Dubya than on poor innocent fish.

Edited by: droolymutt at: 7/15/03 6:25 pm
Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

no usa federall employee is allowed to accept a gift over about $25. may be as low as $10. Maybe not at all. I do think perhaps stuff like t-shirts and coffee cups.

a "presidential library" is not a typical library. it is more of a museum with artifacts from their presidency and their papers, copies of speaches perhaps emails and stuff like that.

everyone should read both winnie the pooh books- winnie the pooh and the house at pooh corner. a.a. milne wrote another book or 2 which was childrens poems. the charicter of the little boy- christopher robbin was his son and pooh the bear as christopher's fav. stuffed animal. they are very good books. each charicter has a very well developed distinct personality. disney made movies in the 60s. one is a tiger named tigger spelled "t-i-double grr-r". he bounces up and down on a springy tail. here are the lyrics to the song he sings as he comes tumbling up to pooh and piglet.

oh the wonderful thing about tiggers

is tiggers are wonderful things

their tops are made out of rubber

their bottoms are made out of springs

their flouncy trouncy pouncy bouncy

fun funn fun fun fun!

oh the most wonderful thing about tiggers is i'm the only one.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

oh and you can make fun of "dubya" bush, but he has a masters in business administration from harvard university.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Last news: Blair gives Bush sod all Reply with quote

Quote:
he has a masters in business administration from harvard university.

ok.

so what's your point?

does that qualify him as a decent human being?

does a formal, narrow education (albeit Purchased) really have an influence on your opinion of a person?

He still can't think his way out of a wet paper bag.

That's embarrassingly obvious watching him stumblingly mumble his way through his inane meaningless soppy pseudo-sentimental little cliches on National Television.

The truly sad thing is that some people are actually duped by his drivel.

Maybe he learned how to do that at Harvard, huh?

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: hahahahaha Reply with quote

hahaha-vard business school?? so why is the US economy so badly screwed? Daddy's money could not afford a brain transplant as well?

If I ran harvard I would NOT be using dubya as an advertisement...

Well said Drooly.

Rev9Volts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: hahahahaha Reply with quote

hte us economy is not screw. in fact the deficit is only 4.2 percent of the budget. after ww2 it was higher over 6%. part of the deficit was inherited from clinton. anyone with basic economics understanding knows an economy the size of usa was heading down before clinton left office. bush inherited the downward cycle. the us economy does not go up or down drastically in a few weeks.

so what's your point?

my point is he is better educated than al gore who was the other choice. al flunked out of a masters in theology inn a university in his home state where his father was long time senator and maybe past governor also.

does that qualify him as a decent human being?

nope, but it does not disqualify him either.

does a formal, narrow education (albeit Purchased) really have an influence on your opinion of a person?

you have no proof his masters was "purchased". harvard has enough money in it's endowment so i doubt if they would risk their reputation as an instatution for "some rich kid". because of your question is flawed and leading i will not answer it.

He still can't think his way out of a wet paper bag.

that is your opinion. and a poor comparison. the correct analogy is "fight your way out of a wet paper bag". if you use cliches, please get them correct.

That's embarrassingly obvious watching him stumblingly mumble his way through his inane meaningless soppy pseudo-sentimental little cliches on National Television.

being a great orator is independant of beiing a good bad or great manager, leader or president. go back and study the other 42 presidents and you will learn not all had the "gift of gab".

The truly sad thing is that some people are actually duped by his drivel.

and what are your qualifications as an expert on world adffairs or political science besides watching television?

Maybe he learned how to do that at Harvard, huh?

probably not. he studied business administration so i would guess he never took a public speaking course.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> WARZONE-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: