MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

Snapshots

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

excellent post....

did you see this part?

Quote:
(NEW YORK CITY) – Artist Emilie Clark and writer Lytle Shaw were arrested for posting pictures of people from Baghdad in Soho late Thursday night.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

Yes that's what I heard first before I went to that site.

|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, that site is worth putting at mp3 and Nut City.

I'm gonna do it.... - and ignore all the wacko stuff it causes....

People need to see that..

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

i wish they were more specific as to why those two people were arrested, that seems really bizarre.

Read all about ME!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

It does seem bizarre! Nice photos I thought. :banana

|

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

we are all really the same.....all of our Govt's are just fu--ed up

Mark

www.mp3.com/damienproject

This is a musical venture dedicated to the cure of Juvenile Diabetes. We are a non-profit organization.

lasherite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: wanna see what people from northern iraq look like? Reply with quote

www.kdp.pp.se/chemical.html

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: wanna see what people from northern iraq look like? Reply with quote

Hiya Lasherite -

While I think it's great for Chris to remind us that "people are people" (if I get her intent right), you are correct to also point out that what is *not* allowed to be photographed is just as important to keep in mind(or maybe more so).

I think all of us prefer to display the nice parts of our cities and we never give visitors tours of the slums. However a warning bell should sound off when you're allowed to see "what's behind door number one", but peeking behind doors 2 & 3 are off-limit.

Certainly there are probably those Iraqis who live carefree lives like something you'd see in a soft-drink commericial. But we should also remember that for other Iraqis (I'd venture most Iraqis) live is not defined by posed photos.

Nice photography, though. I'm glad that Chris shared the photos here and nothing should be taken from them.

Though the "flip side" (example below) isn't pleasant to view and certainly much less artistic, it's message is just as important to consider.

==ron==

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

<<i wish they were more specific as to why those two people were arrested, that seems really bizarre.>>

Hiya NRK -

My impression is that they'd be embarrassed to go into details. Every town, city, rural area - well, everywhere really - has laws against doing such things to people's homes and private property. For example, spray painting graffiti on your own property is not illegal, but you can't get away with covering the neighboor's house with graffiti. Had these protester's arranged a showing at a gallery, they would have no problems with the law. That involves a little more work than they're apparently willing to invest in the cause.

Actually, these protestors strike me as not being the sharpest crayons in the box - even taggers know to drop the spray can and take off running before the police can arrest them!

==ron==

NRKofOver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

Ron, I'm guessing the arrest was related to defiance more than putting up flyers. I can see problems with that situation as well, but the lack of information always makes me skeptical.

Read all about ME!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

Thanks Lasherite for that link. I agree with Ron - we must see it from all angles.

Maybe they got themselves deliberately arrested to bring more attention to their cause........?

|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

I cannot wait to see the Iraqi people smiling, cheering, and waving flags when we liberate them.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to see what the people of Baghdad look like? Reply with quote

:merci

lasherite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: soon, very soon Reply with quote

very soon, by thursday i think, iraq will be invaded. i, having been involved in a shooting conflict, certainly wish it could be different. i think the iraqi people will thank the U.S. when it is over. i also know that the U.S. military machine will make every effort to make it quick and with minimal loss of life on both sides. they will also make every effort to not attack civilians. i hope...i just hope.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: