MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Open Invitation! Come On In!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustyw1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Open Invitation! Come On In! Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to is free to join my Indie Musicians' Site Ring (although your music WILL be checked for content - I have families checking in there ). Just go to my site (dustyw1.com) and go to the "bio" page. You can sign up from there. The site is being updated in the next couple of weeks, so the site ring WILL be moved to the front page soon. See ya there.

(open to Indie musicians or people with a site that would benefit musicians)

Dusty

dustyw1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Open Invitation! Come On In! Reply with quote

... or not. I don't really give a damn. If no one wants a FREE way to add a few hits to their website with a couple of minutes work, then why should I bother trying to be nice. To hell with it.

Dusty

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Open Invitation! Come On In! Reply with quote

Dusty!

Didn't even see your first post! Sorry!

Er - I don't join site rings - I just find them annoying - sorry - no offense to you! You can look at any of the sites that I manage or maintain and there are no site rings on them. I don't use them myself either....

I also think they are impersonal....

Plus if people REALLY do use site rings, why would you put it on your front page? You work so hard to get people to your site, then when they are there, you suggest they visit ANOTHER site?

I do hope you come back and visit though. We have a friendly crowd here, really we do!

Plus you can use emoticons like this :boink

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

dustyw1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Open Invitation! Come On In! Reply with quote

Well, Chris, if anyone here in your "friendly" BB had written and said any of these things after my initial post, I would have been more than happy to discuss all of this. What grinds my grits is posting what I thought was a fairly generous offer (artists helping artists and all that) and being completely ignored. It's unfortunate, but it's fairly common on these boards to only talk to folks you know already and ignore most others. There are times when I wonder how any new friendships ever happen online. Anyway, that's why I was upset. And as far as putting the ring on my front page, it's just something I've done before. I don't worry much about keeping viewers for myself. I figure if I've got anything worth looking at they'll be back.

Dusty

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Open Invitation! Come On In! Reply with quote

DUSTY!

That's a good attitude! If they like what's on your site they'll come back :)

You've not posted here before (not in my time). Your first post is a request to visit your bio page and join your indie ring. Not really contributing to any conversations on this board or starting a conversation. I'm guessing this is why only I've responded to you?

Perhaps what 'grinds' other people's grits is when 95% of new posters are just spamming! I'm guessing you don't run or moderate any boards? This is a common occurence. In fact on this board we even talk to the spammers :auto

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

this is a nice board. Welcome Dusty.

They even talk to me! well only sometimes. :gl

I'm a terrible poster, promise and hopeless at maintaining contact with people, including internet rings of any sort.

But we have fun here.

Cheers

debbie mannas (defunct Java site. damn)

dustyw1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

"I'm guessing you don't run or moderate any boards?"

Hah! You'd lose that bet for sure. I not only have my own board (which I'm in the process of upgrading), I was moderating national and international forums for FidoNet and Eggnet and running my own board long before the internet was freely available to all. I've been a part of the online music community since early 1998. I'm also more than twice your age. I've been here a few times before and semi-regularly contribute to Interconnected, Nut City, Reality and MP3.com boards.

Dusty

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

hahaha Good thing I was guessing not betting! :banana

Not heard of Fido or egg :( Twice my age?!?!? That's an easy thing to be ;) I've not seen you much here but have seen you at reality bb. NICE TO MEET YOU!

I sense some slight 'annoyance' - I didn't mean to annoy you! Come back and chat sometime soon! Have an outstanding weekend!

|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: