MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a moment..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a moment.. Reply with quote

So the US Government is advocating a 'Regime Change'?

Lets see some track records - in 1971, the British ousted Uganda's Milton Obote and installed Idi Amin. The Taleband installed following the Soviets' bloody regime-changing in Kabul. Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, America's protege during the Iraq-Iran war. Vietnam. It turns out that generally the 'unsavoury' is replaced ithe the 'abominable'.

If any other country apart from the US had used the term "regime change' it would be called TERRORISM.

Starting international jihad is not the answer.

WAR is not the answer.

The UN which was founded at the end of World War II with the determination that the horrors of the two world wars would NEVER happen again. It's not perfect I agree but it's better to have the UN than to have no organisation dedicated to international negotiations. I've heard rumours that the US are years behind their payments due to the UN? Anyone know if this is true?

That's off my chest now - back to our regular programming...

|Blah Blah|Talk Soup|Thinking Out Loud|thewireweb
|

Edited by: bbchris  at: 2/11/03 7:43:40 am
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a mome Reply with quote

Chris, it's not the American People......

I personally know a lot of U.S. citizens that are very cool...

It's the U.S. Government that is causing all this evil, disguising it as a righteous "War on Terror".....

While George W. Bush is propogating more terror than Mankind has ever beheld......

sigh....

ok...

back to the regular programming....

Shaky Tee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a mome Reply with quote

Chris,

Last I heard, the US was 53 million dollars behind in UN dues payments.

And they don't plan on paying them, either. :

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a mome Reply with quote

Drooly! I meant the US Government - I just added the word Government. Thanks for letting me rant...

Oh Shaky! SO there is some truth to that. That's SHOCKING. :(

|

PANick11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a mome Reply with quote

I agree Chris..

Without the U.N......

we are lost.....

The standard definition of Terrorism is...or at least was..

"The calculated use of violence or the threat of violence to achieve a political, idiological or financial objective."

hmmmm...

That's pretty clear....or at least it should be...

PANick

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Terrorism Reply with quote

swot I've been saying exactly. If bush the @#%$ had been head of a smaller country there'd have been cries for a regime change of the mad dictator.

Mother are you scared is dedicated to the mothers of all of these axxhole sons, including barbara bush and GBsrs mother too, also sadam and all the rest. Hmmmph.

And I cannot believe that people who oppose war are now labeled "pro-sadam" or terrorists themselves.

Gaaah.

Anyway, you should know better to post political stuff when Drooly and I are around...:tongue

:w

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

WARNING: HEAVY POST

Speaking as an American, I'd say you guys are all a little late in figuring all this out. Bush & Co. are all about gaining control over as much oil in the world as they can....always have been. It's called "capitalism gone too far". Thomas Jefferson, basically the author of our Constitution, stated in his memoirs that (not a direct quote), "...unless our leaders ahere to God-fearing morals, this system of government will fail". I think that can be said about any sytem of government....it is the people in charge, not the system or country that is at fault when things go awry. Democracy is a good system, but if the leaders are bad it doesn't make a difference.

There are many atrocities going on all over the world as we speak....do they all get the same press? No way. There are many reasons for this, but the U.S. won't step in unless there's something in it for them....in this case, oil (of course). But the US isn't the only country, and why doesn't the UN take any action? It's all pretty much a joke to me.

I will say, though, that in most other countries I'd probably be putting my life in danger by just writing what I have in this post....some of the countries that other posters on this board come from (whether they'd like to believe it or not). There is plenty to do locally in all of these countries that we live in to better our existence. America is still a good country.....we are just having a problem right now.

And let's not forget 9/11. Sadam may or may not be involved with terrorism....we may never know for sure. But the threat is real, and it's out there.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Unusual for me but I'm going to get political for a mome Reply with quote

Chhriiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssseyyyyyyyyy:lol

I much prefer it when you talk about...............

Good to get things of your chest tho:lol

PAUL

ED-G @ JAVA

ED-G @ MP3.COM

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Dreamtone I maybe a bit late!! I was never first off when it comes to politics as I take time listening and absorbing and understanding before I'll even make a comment....

Perhaps in some countries you would be 'putting your life in danger' by posting this way but I wouldn't say it was MANY? There's plenty of people worldwide who don't like what's going on at the moment and many are SPEAKING/PROTESTING or whatever to the US Government to NOT go to war....

It's all a question of who guards the guards....?

I've never said the US is a terrible place to live or been critical of the American people/lifestyle. I question and worry about the US Government. I have lots of family members who are now US citizens and also friends who are US citizens. Plus, I'll be visiting again soon in a couple of months time...

Yes 9/11 was tragic, so MANY things/events are TRAGIC! We can remember and mourn every minute of the day if that is how we choose. Better to take action and aim for a better and positive future for ourselves, our families and the future (our children!!) The UN is a good thing. It needs our support and our countries to take seriously.

PAUL!!!!! hahahahahahahhahahaha Thanks!

|

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I agree with what you say....I, too, spend a lot of time thinking. But I think we ALL need to be the guards....not just America. And we need to be guarding what goes on in our own countries. Are you familiar with the term "grass roots"? We need to start locally and work our way up. I think I saw an old Chinese proverb somewhere: "A person moves a mountain one stone at a time." (or something like that....perhaps you know?)

The media controls our actions to a great extent by focusing our attention on what they want us to pay attention to. I can't do anything about Bush right now (hopefully help elect him out in the future), but I can do something for my neighbors, friends and family. I will not ignore what I see on TV, but I will concentrate on where I am right now. That is where I feel I can have the greatest effect. Every country/city/neighborhood can stand improvement, don't you think?

As far as the UN goes, the countries of the world need to give it bigger teeth before it can become an effective tool. This will probably never happen.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: