MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Believe it or not.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Believe it or not. Reply with quote

Do any of you ever find yourself wanting to post a response to someone but then decide not to because you know it will only get you in trouble?

Yeah, I have gotten myself in deep crap many times by just straight out posting exactly how I feel about something. I have, also not done so. Yeah, rarely but it has happened a few times.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

all the time.

Can't take the stress. And some people just dont get it. I dont see why I must give myself ulcers.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

Tonight I posted something on another BB that was a negative but I felt better about letting it go. I was holding in hostile feelings about someone because they insulted my music. Mostly that doesn't bother me but this person is a respected person and critic, so it meant more than just some anon or someone who's view I wouldn't even bother with. This person said that my vocals, my songs and production weren't good enough to be on their mp3.c station. At the time it happened about three weeks ago, I just let it slide but since it has been festering. So, it may be better to say what's on one's mind to avoid ulcers.Eh? :D

Edited by: Phil Frazier at: 12/3/02 1:33:22 pm
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

I think it's Great to speak your mind. Healthy. Constructive.

But sometimes the way you word your opinion can make all the difference between being understood and being shut out. I think that when you feel very strongly about something, ya gotta choose your words very carefully, if you wanna get the point across.

If it turns into a personal attack thing, the point gets lost.

Mother Theresa.

Edited by: droolymutt at: 12/3/02 3:11:36 pm
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

Drooly's an act to follow when it comes to gently hammering home his opinions and not pissing the whole world off!

HA! you should see me in real life. talk about opinionated. I freely voice my opinions left right and centre (but up front to people), but I'm very careful with what I write.

Cheers!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah Reply with quote

Things only bother me if I think they have an element of truth in them and I don't like what they've said!!! hahahaha Yesterday I found an old Sisters review of one of my songs, that ripped me apart. I remembered that at the time I was devastated but now it seems so funny. Who cares what 1 person thinks!?!?! hahahahahaha I'm now thinking of adding the review to the SOS site cause it would make that reviewer look very silly :banana But that would be mean. And I'm not mean. I'm just a :banana

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

LOL!

Bad reviews suck, and gushing reviews make you wonder... LOL.

nite all!

d

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

Honestly.. I don't become suicidal anymore if someone says my music sucks. And I no longer get sexually aroused when people say I'm a brilliant writer.

I know for a fact that some people truly enjoy it, and get something good from it.

Plus it's fun.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

Sure we must remain balanced when it comes to reviews because it comes down to people's opinions. What I was referring to was personal attacks, which I have been acussed of delivering, as well. I do have a problem at times of phrasing my msg. It is more difficult to write thoughts and concepts than just to speak them. Sometimes what we write is misunderstood. The various faces help with that. ;0)

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

fancy meeting you here. :lol

Steve Iannetti
The Terror of Tiny Town

If pain and angst and disappointment motivate an artist to express the incurable maladies of human existence through personal statements that stand as testimony of the artist’s perspective, one can easily focus on the foundation of Steve Iannetti’s work, The Terror Of Tiny Town.

Price: $10.00

Visit My Store

Steve Iannetti

size="2"> Javamusic : mp3.com : Artistlaunch : 1Sound : My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site : href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

:)

Steve Iannetti
The Terror of Tiny Town

If pain and angst and disappointment motivate an artist to express the incurable maladies of human existence through personal statements that stand as testimony of the artist’s perspective, one can easily focus on the foundation of Steve Iannetti’s work, The Terror Of Tiny Town.

Price: $10.00

Visit My Store

Steve Iannetti

size="2"> Javamusic : mp3.com : Artistlaunch : 1Sound : My IX Page : href="http://www.zizzors.com">Official Web Site : href="http://www.carwreckrecords.com">Car Wreck Records

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dancing banana? Reply with quote

Like the Beach Boys sang we get around. :D

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Hello Chris, you beautiful, dancing...banana !!! Reply with quote

I wanna read your bad review !!! :D

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Chris, you beautiful, dancing...banana !!! Reply with quote

I got a great review from you Larree. hahaha This situation I was relating to wasn't an actual review. It was a slap down! I igonored it but then it got me seething. I didn' t save it. I have recieved several actual reviews that were real negative but I shrugged them off. I confronted this person and now he is on my @#%$ list. He went out of his way to diss me,so now it's his misfortune to have me as an enemey. I will fug him up whenever the occassion presents itself. I NEVER forget.

LyinDanTheManagerMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: hehehe Reply with quote

THAT's the Phil I know.

And to think, from the first couple posts I was ready to complement you on restraint. But, I know better than that, too, ya know.

Well, after long consideration (3 seconds), I just think you should be you, Phil. Do what comes natural or you'll get constipated. Everyone enjoys it so much more when you let it all out, anyway.

Your pal,

Doug

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: