MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Did you ever had the police showing up during a gig?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Did you ever had the police showing up during a gig? Reply with quote

If yes :D (I had some discussions over the years with some friendly guys, asking to be more quiet for the neighbours) I truly hope it didn't look like this:

U.S. SWAT team busts a party

(wmv-format video, 8MB)

The video was taken last saturday during a Rave-Party near Salt Lake City / Utah.

I think this is INSANE! IMHO

How can they do this to KIDS?

To be honest I'm lost for words, because this is totally overdone IMHO

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 8/23/05 21:52
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Did you ever had the police showing up during a gig? Reply with quote

Best thing that has ever happened to a rave.... cant stand them!!!!!

:lol

only joking!!! :lol

very ott!!! :)

Paul

NEW VIDEO DIARY'S PAGE

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Did you ever had the police showing up during a gig? Reply with quote

my band used to play at field parties and house parties a lot, they were our preferred venue actually. they were free and people were into it. we didn't get paid and didn't give a damn about that either. anyway, the cops were often stopping by. it was sometimes weird but in general it was ok. people did a lot of drugs but out of sight. cops would walk through the crowd a bit as a show and then leave and people were respectful of their authority and didn't show off. everyone won in that situation. bands played, people partied, nobody was abusive of each other or the situation. a bunch of happy hippies we were. i live in a different kind of place then most though.

Bud Bennett

Stained glass makes a great gift!

One Sun Stained Glass LLC :

Sterling30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Yeah I watched it... Reply with quote

The only thing that can be romotely capared to the tatics the police use in that video are those used by to many of the indie artists in these various communities.., though the police clearly demonstrate much more restraint and civility in comparison..

Edited by: Sterling30 at: 8/24/05 17:54
Triton X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Yeah I watched it... Reply with quote

What right do the police ever have to say "put the camera down"? Talk about incriminating.

Anyway, they obviously arrived after a tip off that Gregg was out there dealing Ritalin laced with washing powder to the kids. His sales pitch is "you'll be high high high, but you'll still be clean". What a cad.

Sterling30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Well, a camera has pointy edges... Reply with quote

and are often quite bulky so they could be used as a weapon.., that's the reason I'm sure.

But again Pokey, the actions of the police in that video pale in comparison to the actions of many of the indies in these local communities.

Edited by: Sterling30 at: 8/25/05 10:55
PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Well, a camera has pointy edges... Reply with quote

Greg, After the way you talked to Chris on this very board and some of the snide back biting @#%$ I've seen you do through the past few years when your "condition" is getting the better of you...I'm really quite surprised to hear you crying foul...

huh?

Sterling30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Condition??? Reply with quote

Huh??? That's very, very funny..

For the record I can put up with pretty much any nonsense until it comes wasting my resources and time in regards to music. (Which Chris understood very well) Don't you worry about Chris.., she's a big girl and she knows what she did wrong but in the end that it was my fault for letting her barge into my musical affairs in the first place, I should have stopped her then, a mistake that won't be repeated in the future.

Getting back to that police video.. Again their conduct vastly understates that of the general indie community on this forum. They wrecked one event and I'm sure it was done out of concern for the the people there for trying to enforce drug, curfew and underage drinking laws and for doing so they certainly have my complete support. I only wish such a police presense existed on the net to keep the activities the less honorable "artists" in check, meaning the slanderers, libelers, hackers not to forget those trying to obtain huge finiancial rewards in exchange for referring young people for drug treatments for the type of "conditions" you refer to right Panick? Seems you were all co-conspiritors in that one as I vividly recall.. (And those were the very clowns Chris had to for some veryt odd reason go out of her way and explain her association with when I never mentioned them once or ever asked for any explanation..)

Yeah.., poor Chris allright. She got exactly the reaction she was trying for all along. (Yeah, she's a poor victim allright...)

HaroId

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Condition??? Reply with quote

am i the only one that thinks thread is really funny?

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Condition??? Reply with quote

No, Hairy...

Made me chuckle, too...

I know Mike's practice Studio - been there..

Residential area, - and he has a good Friendly rapport with the Neighbours...

No need for cops.

Unless they bring beer...!!!!

hahaha.........

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Condition??? Reply with quote

Oh Sterling, belated Happy birthday at the end of last month! Hope you had fun.

And to answer Mike's question, I've been arrested for playing a gig at a private party - too loud we were. No violence though. Panties still intact.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

Sterling30

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Chris.. Reply with quote

I know I shouldn't have posted in this thread but the irony of whatever example Mike was trying to make is just so laughable when real comparisons are made. The police are doing their jobs, you creeps do it for sport.

And don't wish me anything in the future. As a mattter of fact, delete my info from whatever databases you have and/or songlists you created and please don't ever speak of me again. .

Thanks..

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Sterling30,

it's always 'nice' when people don't know why somebody flips out.

In other words I have no clue what you are talking about and whatever point you want to make - I don't get it.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote

hahahahaha.....

Chris's "panties still intact".....

Oh my... - the mental images that conjures up......:wm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: