MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Anybody come across......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

These... www.daniecortese.com

I just got back from my break and just checking my mail.... they want me to contact them??

Paul

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

welcome back paul!

Bud Bennett

One Sun Stained Glass LLC :

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

hey Bud!!.... yeah I got back about 2:15 this afternoon..... just waiting to get my medal for spending a week with that lot!!!! hahahaha...

Hey i sent you an e-post card.. did ya get it?

Paul

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

Hiya Paul! Did they write why in specific they wanted you to contect them?

If it's of any assistance, I gleaned this bit of info from easybackgroundcheck.com - looks to be taken from the "DC" Entertainment site. Seems to be a snippet of their contractual boilerplate.

Danie Cortese Entertainment (dejablues.homestead.com/main.html)

November 4, 2004

[Last Updated: November 11, 2004]

Why do you charge upfront fees and recurring monthly fees?

5. In consideration of Agent's services, Client agrees to pay, by certified cheque or draft made payable to Danie Cortese Entertainment Inc. an administration fee of $53.50/month to remain on the roster. In addition, the Agent shall be entitled to receive the following percentages of all gross earnings received for the Clients services in the following capacities:

Playwright, Screenwriter, Theater : 10%

Actor, Dancer, Host, Singer - tv, film : 15%

Literary Author, Model, Website : 20%.

7. A one time start up cost of $107.00 is required upon signing of this agreement. Several hours will go into preparing and requesting several necessary documents and information and this cost is to be used for that purpose. In other words, the Agents time involved. All monies to be paid in American currency. The initial payment pertaining to the first signing must be in the form of a certified cheque or draft made payable to the full company name.

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

not really...

So its spam I guess.... they emailed me thru my site.. :)

Paul

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

I dunno, Paul. I just did some checking.

What's kinda funny is they take a shot back at the site I refered to on their Company Profile page.

"WARNING: DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE LIBELOUS COMMENTS FOUND AT easybackgroundcheck.com REGARDING OUR COMPANY.

We did our own background check on easybackgroundcheck.com and found that it is being run anonymously by a convicted felon. It is essentially a scam to obtain "hush money" from reputable firms.

----Craig Parks, Entertainment Attorney for Danie Cortese Entertainment Inc"

======================

I have no personal knowledge either way. I've found a good way to check out doubtful emails is go to Google, type in the company's name (in quotes) and then type the word "scam". Usually that yields comments - both the pros & cons and you make a personal judgment on how they balance.

But I can't imagine that it would hurt to email them back and ask "This email is in reference to what?".

On the internet tough to tell the good guys from the bad guys! Or if they're both good guys. Or both bad guys, LOL.

Some of our Canadian Blah-Blahers may have more/better insight, what with the biz being in Toronto.

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 6/18/05 18:03
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody come across...... Reply with quote

Hey thanks Ron.... Iam kinda whacked after driving 425 miles today to get home... and you doing this research is great!! thank you!! :)

I will look into it as soon as my batteries re-charge!! :)

Paul

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: