MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

I do... we get a whole bunch of likely people and guitars and shakers and stuff and one guy has a small congo thingy. This year we will visit an old folks home at tea time, then go home and have a bit of a kick up and set out again at about 8:30pm... we won't go far, just in our town or two and cover about 20 homes. Its HEAPS of fun!

Of course this will be back in Bangalore where people actually live in houses, can't imagine doing it in Hong Kong outside an apartment building hahahahaha!

:ww

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

hahahaha...!!!!

You lovely, lovely Person..............!

Deck the halls with bows of holly.

Fa la la la la,

La la la la....!!!!

Ha. - Merry Christmas, Darling Debbers....

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Drooly, YOU are the lovely person - you see good in most people - that's a wonderful trait! :kizz

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I'm off to India on the 22nd, but only for 10 days waaaaah.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

India, Hong Kong, Montreal, Frankfurt, Spain, Brazil......

Isn't it a wonderful, Delicious mix....?

Travel safely to India, my Friend.

I'll be watching You

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Hey Debbie that sooooo sweet!! :)

I dont go carol singing but its nice to hear..

Have a great Christmas.. X :)

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ SOUNDCLICK

MY SPACE

NUMBER ONE

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Well I'll give it a try when we're in Bangkok!!

Sounds great what you're doing Debbie - have heaps of fun in warm Bangalore!! Much love to you and send Abe our love too! :kiss

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Hiya Drooly, Paul, Chris!!! Chris, I hope you can do that in BKK - dyu you have enough people? It's so much fun, definitely highly recommended! We have people from our neighbourhood and some other friends and family ranging from 9 years old to 80!!! Its wonderful.

Paul, I reckon if you decide to go carol singing we'd get some ace video reporting hahahahahahaha!

Drooly, its great to see such a mix! On Friday I was at our company lunch, sitting at a table of 9 people, all of whom I work closely with, with nationalities as follows: 1 aussie, 1 south african/aussie blend, 2 chinese, 1 american, 1 kiwi (newzealander), 1 brit, 1 belgian, and 1 indian. And all of us know each other really well, so there wasn't any polite conversation we just sat around eating dim sum and having a good laugh. Now isn't that fantastic??

Chris, wish Shaun for us and love to you both! xx:kizz

:ww

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

New Zealanders are called kiwis?

Hahahaha.....!!!

Excellent.

I must meet a New Zealander - I would LOVE to call someone a kiwi.....!!!!

Kiwi bird:

Kiwi fruit:

Both beautiful....

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul, I reckon if you decide to go carol singing we'd get some ace video reporting hahahahahahaha!

Hahahaha.... too right Debbie!!! :)

BUSINESS AS USUAL . COM

FORUM

BUSINESS AS USUAL @ SOUNDCLICK

MY SPACE

NUMBER ONE

dond123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

My wife Luci does two holiday "Concerts in the clouds" One with a group, and a smaller one solo. The last set contains a carol sing a long. They're fun!

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Hiya Dond123! Is this a regular annual performance for Luci? It is all fun. Do you join in?

Sometimes I wonder if I have a favourite carol! There are some that aren't much of a joy to sing, but I love em all, especially the one's with my solos in between hahahaha.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

I love Good King Wencelas!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

dond123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Hi HKrock chick,

Luci has booked these two shows for the last 8 years. They are dinner/music concerts we produce ourselves. Called "Christmas in the clouds" because they both are done in Penthouses. The large event is at an insurance company tower with a fantastic view. Holds about 200 people with dinner...The group does that gig.

The other is a private penthouse condo, and, holds 60 people for dinner. Another great view of the city.

Both concerts are sold out for at least the next 5 years! We make enough money off the two shows to not work again until Valentines Day. There is a long waiting list to attend in the future...The sites are growing too small, thanks to good past shows.

The food is great. The booze is good. The crowd is friendly....The music is fun! I don't sing, but run PA for the shows, and, produce the music. We look forward to these shows every year

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

How cool is that!!!! I love the concept. And booked for the next five years too - very nice!

Does Luci do traditional carols or/and original carols too?

:sensational

dond123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Goes Carol Singing at Christmastime? Reply with quote

Luci does a lot of traditional stuff, but, with the group, they "rearrange" them a lot.

Our version of Jingle Bells uses a music bed lifted from Carlos Santana. Our version of "o lttle town of Bethlehem" uses a music bed plagerized from "House of the rising sun" "let it snow" musically, we stole from Trini Lopez. "We three Kings" we took from Les Paul. Our versions are seldom like anything you hear at Christmas time.

Plagerism is the sincerest form of flattery

Both concerts finale is an original winter song called "Snow" That began life as a joke song when the Hartford Civic Center Roof fell in. Luci rewrote the lyrics, and added a chorus. It's actually a nice serious tune now. It's been on a few albums by other performers.

Edited by: dond123 at: 12/19/05 15:14
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: