MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

They survived the tsunami on Koh PHi Phi with no injuries(!) then spent the night helping out with the injured! Her boyfriend is a doctor!

One part of her email said:

we spent the rest of the night...all night...tending to patients on the tonsai side...miguel set up a hospital, but had extremely limited resources...just what travellers could give us and a few things he managed to scrounge from the hospital.

i have never seen such gruesome injuries....three of us nursed and cleaned wounds and did as dr. miguel

instructed...he was amazing!!! yesterday we got on a

boat to go to krabi and whilst on the pier the stench of rotting bodies was unbearable and while we were standing there they dragged out another 15 from the water, at least. oh my god we really are very very blessed and lucky to be alive!

I cried tears of joy when I read her email. I've been so worried. She is a fantastic woman and I feel more hope again. They've headed to Koh Samui and are going to take a few days of rest as they are both exhausted from working with the injured.

I jut thought I would part of her private email as it gives me hope.

Thanks for reading.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping ou Reply with quote

I'm overjoyed to see this news, Chris!

:ww

And I'm happy that you don't have to wonder and worry for them now!!!

Not to forget what great people they are for their service to others in such a time!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping ou Reply with quote

Thank God for small mercies.....

Bardofely

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping ou Reply with quote

I am so glad to read that your friends are OK and I thank you for sharing that e-mail!

Bard

SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping ou Reply with quote

That's great to hear Chris. So many people were lost and the count still goes up daily.

"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows."

~
Frank Zappa

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

I am so happy to hear this, Chris! I know you have to be feeling much better now!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Great news!! :hip

PANick11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Wow...

I'm so glad they are alright Chris..

I'm just more stunned by this every day.

We had thought at first that Shawn Perry..(stickyPistil bass player) and his Girfriend were in Phuket..

they go there every year, she's from Thailand..

This year they decided at the last that they couldn't go..

I had been Yahoo messaging and e-mailing , sort of franticly

I just FINALLY heard from him yesterday..A brief message to say they are here and are OK

I'm sure Though they are devastated, they have many friends and family members there..

I cant imagine what they're feeling..

:(

but they are Feeling!

Alive and feeling..

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Good to hear Chris,

I just had this e-mail forwarded from Ria Hamilton, the singer I work with often and was missing in Thailand so far....

Quote:
Hi,

thanks for your call, we were in Phuket at the time it all started we had to run, it was just as we started our breakfast at round 9:55 am.

We were very lucky nothing happened to us but to the hotel and a lady's husband lost his life.

We just got back this morning so we went to dinner and got back bout 1hr ago, I am so tired as it was a long journey and so much happened in these few days.

Bye

Ria

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

On the other side officials confirmed that there are no German injured anymore under medical care in Phuket hospitals, which means that there is indeed no more hope for Sophia's parents anymore.

I just read additionally in the news that north of Phuket/Thailand today 3,500 more bodies of Tourists were found...........................

markhewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Chris,

Thank God. it's great to hear that your friends are ok.

Mike,

I'm so sorry about Sophia's parents. I can't even imagine what family and friends are going through right now. This is devastating beyond comprehension.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris,

Thank God. it's great to hear that your friends are ok.

Mike,

I'm so sorry about Sophia's parents.

Out of the same disaster Chris gets happy news, Mike gets sad news.

Life seems so very odd at such moments....

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

This has been just too much to fathom.

Chris, Glad to hear about your friends. Mike, I'm very sorry to hear about yours...

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Great news Chris!!!

IMsbell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: MY friends on Phi Phi are SAFE! They've been helping out Reply with quote

Chris, so glad to hear your friends are OK... relatively. So sad for those who were lost.... I fear it will become more astounding with each passing day. I have friends from Sri Lanka who are desperate to hear from family........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: