MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

For those who do not really know what I am about
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Project

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

This is just a questiona and answer interview by www.westcoastrockers.com for the Juvenile Diabetes telethon coming this month..It would awesome to be able to call some of you guys...Chris?????????????? hint hint hint

Thanks for letting me bore you :)

1. Where does the name Damien Project come from?

This is definitly one of the top 3 questions I get asked. It actually started back when I was in High School and had the dreams of being the next great rock star. A friend of mine said She thought the name Christopher(One of my real names) Damien was cool. Well............many years later when my path turned to what really mattered to me, which was my daughters health, I wanted to use the talent I had to bring attention to Her and the other children in the same boat She was in without bringing attention to myself.I thought the name Damien was cool, like Father Damien who was a troubled soul, and just thought of it as a project type goal so, since I was troubled with my Daughter Tori and the Juvenile Diabetes She has, I just thought Damien Project! Yes, I am brilliant, No need to tell me :)

2. How long has DP (Damien Project) been advocating for Juvenille

Diabetes (JD)?

Once I got over the shock of the news, which was when Tori was 18 months and She turns 5 in November, I started thinking about it then knowing It could be a good thing but knowing also some would question my motives also. It went into full swing approximatly 2 years ago setting the ground work and taking baby steps to see how I could help.

3. What have you learned from this disease?

More then I wanted to know.lol It is a disease that chooses it's victim based on nothing. It attacks the body and asks for everything in return. It shows no mercy and gives none. It is relentless and you(the person who has JD) is never allowed to forget they have it. It makes you pay attention to it and watch it and try to conrol it like you are playing an evil game of tag where you are never allowed to catch the other person. It is evil and STEM CELL RESEARCH is the key. But thats another rant for another 3 pages. We will leave it at that :)

4. Having 4 children (I believe this is correct?) and having a 40+ hour

job, where

do you find time to make this unbelievable music?

Anyone who has a passion or a mission or something they believe in, makes time. You have a family? You make time for them! It is hard sometimes but I have always had a love for music and music has a tendency to keep me from stepping over the edge and keeps me grounded. Plus as most any musician can tell you it is a great realease for any emotion you can ever have!

5. Tell me a little more about the other musicians in DP? (Pls list

their names and

web sites too!)

These are the most wonderful people I know!!!!

Rachel Pardieck...Vocals/Acoustic Guitar

www.littlepieces.com rachel has been with me from the start and even during the millions of things and projects She has going on always manages to squeeze me in somewhere. She is more like a sister then a partner and I adore Her!! Yes, She is a major diva pain in the ass also :)

Lana J. Albert...keyboards/vocals

www.soundclick.com/lanajalbert

I do not know where to start about Lana. She has passed the point of being a friend and is something I will never comprehend! lol(ripped on Prince on that one)I met Her when we were both featured on a compilation cd together and I said hey, lets do one and we did and thats about it. lol Now I can't get rid of her. I change emails, change phone numbers, left the country for 2 years, and She still finds me lol

Jillnojack..Vocals

www.songplanet.com/jillnojack

Jill is the newest addition to the family and is featured on "In Your Dreams" and currently working on song number 2!!I have just recently met Jill and convinced Her that Damien Project would be a much stronger unit with her added in. Jill is a wonderful woman with a fabulous wit and laugh and looks killer in a set of PJ'S also ;) I think her voice brings a totally new dimension and passion to the music which is a most welcome change!!I think I will change Her name to "speedy" though lol She will hit me for that one!

6. I know DP is not the ordinary band. For example, you guys do not go

out and

perform concerts. Where would the public find your music? In other

words where does

DP fit into the world of music?

Curently the easiest way is to just do a search of "DAMIEN PROJECT" and site will come up in the search engines.Our main homes are on soundclick.com, songplanet.com, and artistlaunch.com. We did release one CD with a limited amount of copies made and are currently working on the song line up for the next CD and I am talking with a few distributors to get the best possible deal on ditribution because 100% of all profits from DAMIEN PROJECT CD's will be going to the JDRF. We got burned from the old mp3.com and are much wiser and more methodical in our ways now. We are also involved in the JDRF walk for a cure now also so that is taking up alot of time and hope to have the new cd out close to Christmas or early 2005!

7. DP really is not the "typical" band. Your camp does not try and get

"signed" per

se. What gives you the strength to go on? What makes you wake up every

morning and

say "Hey! I gotta get my ass moving and make some new songs!"

It is hard but when I see my daughter have to get her skin pricked to draw blood and then get injected with needles, and we are talking numerous times daily,It kind of makes me stop my own bitching and realize I have it pretty good.I try to stay active in the JD community also which gives me power from watching all these kids and young people who suffer from JD have such great lives and personalities and hopes and dreams. And also the people who donate their time and energy and money into helping me. How could I not have the strength?

8. I find it fascinating that the people in DP have never physically

met. This may

not be common knowledge to the public. 1. How does this work? In other

words, how do

you make music with people who are not there? 2. Do you find this to be

a hardship

towards being a band?

We work primarily over the net. Rachel and I live about 30-45 minutes from each other but between Lana, Jill, and myself it is many many states away. The net gives musicians the advantage to play with others that you would have normally met. And instead of fighting in rehearsals you can just sign off ;)

Yes, It can be hard because of time constraints. But I try to look at it that these wonderful people are helping Me and asking for nothing in return except some friendship maybe. They do it for the Search For The Cure for Juvenile Diabetes. Can't go wrong working with people who have that kind of heart!

9. What plans do you see for DP in the future?

Wow..waking up tomorrow lol.....Moving forward full force is the only way I see it. With the holidays coming up, things tend to slow down. People do have lives and family and that is what is most important. At the start of next year, We are shooting for release of the CD, getting a great distribution deal going on and hoepfully getting hooked up with a 2 or 3 more musicans that would want to contribute on a regular basis. Anyone reading this? ;) THE MAIN PLAN AND GOAL WE HAVE IS A CURE! NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

10. When your children are full grown and Tori (daughter that has JD)is

an adult

living with Juvenille diabetes will you continue to raise money through

music for

this cause?

My most fond wish is when Tori is grown, The disease will be cured. If it is not cured, of course I will. If it is cured, I will wear makeup like Kiss and tour so no one will be able to tell how old I am ;) Rock On till you drop guys!!!!!!

11. Who are or were your musical influences?

Alex Lifeson, Pat Metheny, Alan Holdsworth, Nancy Wilson, Ludy

12. If you could meet one famous musician who would it be and why?

I am having a rough time answering this one. I could say real fast Lifeson or Metheny from above. But the list would endless. Thena gain we all have fantasies of what these people would be like and I would hate to meet one and walk away going, "Well, He was an ass! lol"

13. Are you looking forward to the telethon that we (WCR) are

supporting on

www.indieradiolive.com ? We should also mention to people that do not

know the

telethon will be held on Nov 19-21st.

To say I am looking forward to it is an understatement. The work being put into this is phenomenal!!!! I am blown away by the staff and owners at indieradiolive.com and this is a prime example of where I get strength from to move on day after day. I have never met any of these people who you hear me talk about working with or playing with and I may never meet some of them but they have touched my life so profoundly I really need to hire a poet to put it into words. It is just pure love and heart that they give to me and it overwhelmes me at times.

14. How many people are you anticipating for this telethon? Also, is

there a goal

that is being set that we will be trying to reach?

I have no friggin clue lol to either question. It could be nobody and nothing. It could also be beyond any expectations I would have. All I strive for is the next person. If the person reading this right now had never heard of Juvenile Diabetes and they know about it now, then I have done what I am trying to do. It is small steps for a giant cause and I just try to keep walking forward. I have a beautiful yound smiling face that takes my hand and walks with me. Any steps are good steps, no matter how small. It's all heart and hope. It's all about the search for a cure.

Leigh, I would just like to add in my love for all the help you give us. You give of your time with the heart and devotion I talk about and for that I am eternally a friend of yours!! You are as important a part of Damien Project as the musicians and our friends are and for that I thank you with all the heart I have to give!

Mark

www.soundclick.com/damienproject

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

So what is the telethon about Mark? How can I help?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

SwanSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

Come on over and check us out Chris .........

www.indieradiolive.com , we welcome any support for the Damien Project with open arms .......

Love and HUGS

Swannie

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

Quote:
My most fond wish is when Tori is grown, The disease will be cured

I was just thinking about your previous post (a month or so ago?) about the telethon, looking to boink it to the top here.

Having seen how difficult JD/type I is for children&young adults (especially) to deal with, it's an area that I fell quite strongly about. I believe islet cell transplant might provide some good hope along the road to a cure.

For those looking for it - the specific link to the Indie Radio Live - Juvenile Diabetes page is:

Indie Radio Live - Juvenile Diabetes

SwanSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

Thank you Ron !!!! our wonderful friend( and incredible INDIE ARTIST ) EVAMOON

built that web page !!!

and as for me......... I worked as a pediatric nurse for many years . and cared for lots of kids with JD , I know all too well what they go through ........and my personal opinion is one child with JD Is one too many ....

and stem cell research is looking quite promising for curing Juvenile Diabetes........ let the CURE HAPPEN!!

Love and hugs

Swannie

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: For those who do not really know what I am about Reply with quote

Yer most welcome, Swannie! My interest and concern re: JD stems from experience. As with any disease, when those you care for are impacted, it becomes much more personal.

In my case it was a someone near&dear (pic below) - diagnosed with JD as a young lass and who, as an adult, suffered just about every JD-related complication you could name. In her 40s she succumbed to the secondary ravages of the disease. But she was always a positive person and cared alot for others and talked with them about their problems, rather than her own. Besides having been a special person, she's also one of my personal heroes: her memory inspires me whenever I start thinkin' that life is tough on me!

It will be great when there's a cure so nobody, esp. children, will ever have to deal with all of the difficult and daunting challenges due to JD!

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

Swannie..You are the best :) :) :)

Ron....Who is that in the picture man. You brought a tear to my eye on that one dude..Hit home :)

Chris......You can do whatever you want..but you are doing it already by letting me post here....We can call you the weekend of the telethon to bug you if you want :) :) :) :)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

That was my friend+ Robin, Mark. She was an amazing bundle of cheer and goodwill. And quite a lass, to boot! Closest I ever came to leaving bachelor status.

As I said, a special friend, a real inspiration and object lesson that life is not only what you have, but what you do with it! Like the old cliche about "if life gives you lemons, then make lemonade".

Damien Project

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

Ron....Would you have a problem with me writing a song and dedicating it tp Robin? I just started working on a piece that I think would make a nice gesture towards Her...I just wanted to get your ok because I am sure this is a personal issue with you....If not that is more then cool :)

Mark

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

That would be an honor, Mark! Thank you. (Of course, it's okay )

Damien Project

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

Thank you...I will let this board know when it is done first :) :) :) .....hopefully in time for the Telethon :)

Mark

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

TELETHON coming soon to you!

Just read this thread, Ron, your story about your friend touched me too. Aren't we lucky to have known such souls in our lives?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

The Master68

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

My brother got JD at age 10... It has really fucked up his life, to an extent...

In the 90's it really started kicking his ass. He was blind for awhile, and had to get on dialysis (he's getting ready to go back on it) because of failed kidneys. He got a kidney in 95...

He got a pancreas transplant a couple of years ago, but the damage has been done.

He is very weak and takes lots of medication.

He just turned 40 last month.

I didn't real much of the above posts, but if you are doing something with songs, feel free to use any of mine.

--------------

When you argue with a fool, be sure he isn't similarly occupied...

--------------

Music - Organismo Cibernetico (Cybernetic Organism)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

Quote:
Aren't we lucky to have known such souls in our lives?

Indeed. And in many ways, you remind me of Robin - she was a pretty lass, goodhearted and very good with people. She was a saucy lass - but not quite as saucy as you, hahaha! Not quite a spiked-bra girl, lol - at least not in public!

I think bit and pieces of the people who come into our lives stay with us. Hopefully we pick up on good & positive bits to integrate and thus keep some part of these persons with us. And then they can be passed along to others(and so on & so on)!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Telethon Nov 19/20/21 Reply with quote

I can empathize with your experience with your bro, M68.

It seems the many complications of JD really gang up as a person moves more into adulthood. The strength of those who live with it amazes me, as does the support of their family & friends.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: