MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

God and Sex
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorn Lavoll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: God and Sex Reply with quote

ban marriage altogether!!!

www.nytimes.com/2004/10/2...f640df2665

SINTZ
Penguin in Bondage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

I don't know about banning marriage, but that's a very interesting read. Thanks.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
"

~
Hunter S. Thompson

axella

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Well, God doesn't like sex - unless it's within the bounds of matrimony.

Even then, I get the impression that we're not meant to really enjoy it...

Maybe God was unattractive and couldn't get any. Maybe that's why he's so weird about sex. I mean, look at what he had to do to have a child. Not much different to Michael Jackson.

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

...I can see that a read of "The Song of Soloman" is in order for some...

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Quote:
look at what he had to do to have a child. Not much different to Michael Jackson.

Lemme guess, Axella - you're not invited to do comedy at the local Catholic parish talent show night? hahahaha!!!

BTW, going by the name (Johannesson) do you have some Scandinavian blood running - or maybe just wandering around - in your veins?

On the Kristoff article: it seems neither he, nor the book he cited, utilizes solid biblical or christian concepts in the articles' reasoning. It leans more toward taking on "straw men" type positions, mixed with a bit of card-stacking. At any rate, the pros/cons of redefining marriage are probably best primarily viewed in the context of sociological consequences rather than biblical ones.

Anywhooo, I think the topic eventually meanders off into incorporating political reasoning - something more suited for that type o' board. We mostly do music, musings on life, funny stuff and pics at Blah, Blah, Blah. (Erm....especially babe pics, lol.)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Babe pics just for ROn!!! :laugh

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

axella

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Quote:
Lemme guess, Axella - you're not invited to do comedy at the local Catholic parish talent show night? hahahaha!!!

BTW, going by the name (Johannesson) do you have some Scandinavian blood running - or maybe just wandering around - in your veins?

You are correct on both counts. :)

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

I think it's an article where the author didn't think to the end, he only thought about ironic phrasings.

The bible makes rather clear statements (I'm not catholic btw.) about homosexuality, here's one:

Quote:
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

...while the article author comes to this final conclusion:

Quote:
So if we're going to cherry-pick biblical phrases and ignore the central message of love, then perhaps we should just ban marriage altogether?

So he uses the "love" argument, Jesus' argument.

When reading the argumentation of a priest below, I think that the priest is right in this context and shows more sense for love and responsibility than the author of the initial article IMHO

Quote:
Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her).

Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again.

As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin.

Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with.

However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin.

Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

- Chris! Wow, pics of a nude babe!! Thanxs, hahahaha!!!

- Axella, I'm just guessing that it's Swedish blood?

- Mike, I think sex and God must have some kind of a connection since many people yell "Oh God!!!" during it.

axella

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Quote:
Axella, I'm just guessing that it's Swedish blood?

Yes, my father's family migrated from Sweden to the USA.

Quote:
Mike, I think sex and God must have some kind of a connection since many people yell "Oh God!!!" during it.

This is even true of atheists! :D

Netjams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

My guess is God was gay and in denial :eyebrow

SwanSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

NO just great numbers of the early catholic "clergy" were misogynists .... starting with PAUL .........

Love and HUGS

Swannie

DreamTone7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Irrelevant, Swan...but what the priest in Mike's post said is right on the money, IMO.

SwanSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

You know........... or perhaps you dont...... but being a pagan as I am sometimes means a great many of us have studied theology , and researched religious belief sytems and history of religion in some great depth , and also means having ongoing exchanges with theologians of many other religions for many reasons . Yes, many times these ongoing dialogues server the purpose of defending ourselves against being thought "satanists , but just as frequently simply to clarify our personal belief systems for the purposes of education , or to continue the thought process as our internal spiritual compass evolves .

Some people who have researched very early Christianity actually refer to " present day christianity as "Paulism" because the changes that ensued after his influence were so great and so different than what " Jesus" preached and what was taught by the pre Paulism Christians .

Paul is well known as having been a misogynistic influence among early Christians ., while jesus actually included women in many activities from which they were commonly excluded , and was much more egalitarian in his approach . This misogynistic influence was particularly of note in bringing about the attitudes the church held toward sex.

Another little known fact is that "GREGORY" of gregorian chant fame was a RAVING misogynist ...and at one time preached that it wasnt even good for a man to lie with his own wife too often, as women were considered to be inherently evil and repositories of sin . You will notice that attitude has resonance even in modern times even as you read it.

So some of the attitudes prevalent in our culture today toward sex of any kind are still influenced and handed down by people who considered it filthy and sinful... even among heterosexuals much less homosexuals .

Love and HUGS

Swannie

Edited by: SwanSpirit  at: 11/4/04 8:20
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: God and Sex Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, my father's family migrated from Sweden to the USA.

So did all my grandparents, they settled in Minnesota for God-only-knows what reason! They must have got here in the spring or summer and thought it seemed nice!

Ole - min morfar

(Ole, my maternal grandfather)

"I think sex and God must have some kind of a connection since many people yell "Oh God!!!" during it."

Quote:
This is even true of atheists!

Yeah, but you'd think they'd just go "Oh!" and just leave it at that. Or maybe at least "Oh, nothing!!!"

Do you follow any particular pagan path, Swannie?

(BTW, I'm waiting for this thread to be struck by a bolt from above any minute now!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: