MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

Well.

Words don't escape me.

But none of the ones that come to mind would be suitable on this board....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.... Reply with quote

Item # 5526699045

Words escapes me...

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup | Underground HK |

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

i would have to agree with you there. whether or not something is art is always in the eyes of the beholder. it's theoretically art and theoretically interesting, but these ole eyes say...... yuckeroo. takes a troubled mind to come up with that.

on the other hand, that kind of thing is to be seen all over as teaching aids. in that case it's viewed as a tool. i think the difference is the intention of the piece. was it created to be art or a teaching too. and why are two viewed differently?

this also brings up the exhibit touring the world where actual human bodies were plasticized, skin stripped off and the bodies put into positions doing stuff, like playing basketball etc. is it purely instructional? art? just damn gross? hard to say.

plasticized body exhibit

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

Edited by: ilikepie2  at: 10/27/04 18:37
Rory Kings
The man behind the curtain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

Who the hell wants a pickled ........

It amazes me what they sell on the web

Rory

Damien Project

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Is it supposed to be like a baby in the womb??? If thats it well thats cool..If not, I am speechless also

Netjams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

I find it to be rather interesting and a great reminder of what happens when two fertile humans mate. If only kids knew this is results of their actions :dunno

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: ? Reply with quote

I don't find it gross at all. My son's birth was much grosser.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

I am still shocked by it. I don't know where art draws the line. Imagine if I performed a song with an aborted baby fetus - would that be art?

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

I don't know if it would be art or not. I also don't understand the leap from sculpture of fetus in glass womb to aborted fetus.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

hahahaha I see what you mean - it's just so gross and lifelike....

4teetoo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

isn't it ironic that someone whose logo includes a brain in a jar is so grossed out by a fetus in one? :t

i think it's freakin cool, and i'm mad that i missed the auction. >:

Edited by: 4teetoo at: 10/28/04 18:22
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

Quote:
isn't it ironic that someone whose logo includes a brain in a jar is so grossed out by a fetus in one?

hahahaha - you beat me to noting Chris' brain-jar logo and making a connection, 4teetoo!

It's indeed weird! But if one assumes it as a look inside of a womb, instead of a "pickled" aborted fetus, then it's still weird and it just falls into the weird-art category. Vice versa, if it's viewed as a "pickled baby" then it's beyond weird and falls into the "sick mind" category.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

hahahaa .smack. !!! hahahahha I'm speechless again

axella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

Well, it's supposed to represent a baby-in-utero, and may perhaps be of interest to people who are pregnant?

It doesn't bother me at all, although I wouldn't buy it, either.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: This is the weirdest, grossest thing I've seen on ebay.. Reply with quote

Quote:
it's supposed to represent a baby-in-utero, and may perhaps be of interest to people who are pregnant?

It doesn't bother me at all, although I wouldn't buy it, either.

Yeah, it's titled "a pre-birth girl", so I think you are right that it's just intended to give an "inside view" of mommy's tummy.

And I can't magine it would make for good coffee-table art or work as a centerpiece, either!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: