MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Do you think David Bowie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Hey, good luck with it, Paul! As Chris sez, once a song is published anyone can cover or do a parody of it. But I remembered that when you first posted the mp3 awhile back you mentioned you sampled a loop, but that's really no big deal in these days of mix&remixes.

With parodies, it's always nice to get the writer's okay, but not needed. It was Madonna who give Weird Al the idea for one song when, after hearing his stuff, she asked someone "I wonder if he'll do something like "Like A Surgeon" to parody "Like A Virgin?". Al thought it was a great premise and he had a good go with it.

But at any rate, unless they send over some goons to beat the bejesus outta you - if you put it on CD, I still think it mebbe be a half-good notion to send a thank u copy or 2 to Bowie & his "people" c/o his people. Their snail mail & info:

Alan Edwards

Julian Stockton

The Outside Organisation Ltd

Queens House, 180-182 Tottenham Court Road, Soho, London

W1T 7PD

UK

(General Enquiries Tel No. 020 7436 3633)

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Thanx Ron... you have been a great help!!! :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

NEW : FAP COMPILATION CD

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Yer welcome, Paul! But as I sez, if Bowie sends some big goons looking for somebody to pulverize over this, tell 'em it was entirely Drooly's suggestion!

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

:wgrin

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Hell, I'd be thrilled if Bowie tried to sue me...

Imagine the publicity?

On the Cover of the Rolling Stone:

David Bowie Sues Droolymutt!!

Damn.

I think you're on to something, Paul.

I'm gonna record a Bowie cover, then shamelessly plaster it all over the Internet.

Let's see who can get sued first...!!!

hahahahahahaha...................

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

But all kidding aside?

My impression of Mr. Bowie is that he's not a tight-assed little money-grubber.

And he seems to be quite supportive of Indie musicians.

So I don't think you have to worry, unless you REALLY piss him off.

Which is what I plan to try to do.....

:)

hahahaha - oooOOOoops...!

:) again...

Blumberg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

No, he isn't pissed off at her.

He was an asshole to her. Never, ever was supportive of her career to the point of even doing crap behind her back to stop her - while they were married!!!

Blumberg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

If you were sued by Bowie it wouldn't actually be Bowie. He probably wouldn't even hear a word about it. It would be by somebody about 5 levels below him who hadn't ever even spoke with him nor his secretary - ever.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Well, I'll put 100k aside for legal fees.

So long as my name is on the cover of Rolling Stone with Bowie's, my P.R. people think they can turn that into at least 200k worth of endorsements within 18 months.

Not to mention the intangible benefits.

I figure at least 3 Million (after taxes) within 3 years.

5% of 3M is 150k.

Not bad for a finder's fee.

Don't miss this opportunity, Mr. Blumberg.

SO.

Have her people call my people... - they'll do brunch.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Blummy said:

Quote:
I once mentioned David to her and it pissed her off so much that she didn't talk to me for about 3 months.

Hey, Blummy?

Maybe you could hook me up with David's ex? That would help me piss him off a lot faster.....

I'll give you 5% of the final settlement.... - OK?

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 10/11/04 18:25
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

hahaha drooly!!.... the race is on!!!! :)

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Quote:
My impression of Mr. Bowie is that he's not a tight-assed little money-grubber.

And he's a big fan of the 70s girl group FANNY which makes him okay and a kindred soul in my book. From an entry in his 1974 "MY WORLD" weekly diary for "Mirabelle Magazine":

"I must tell you about the fabulous group I saw the other night. My friend Geoffrey, Corinne, my personal assistant, and Danny, who works at MainMan in the Production Department (production means they help make my records), went to New York's Town Hall and saw Fanny. Fanny is an all-girl group and they are fantastic! They changed my whole idea bout women being rock and roll musicians because they play just as well as any man I've ever heard and certainly look just as pretty."

Paul, by way of some info addendum - unless it's changed since 2002 - DB's agent is:

Duncan Heath

ICM London

Oxford House

76 Oxford Street

London England W1N 0AX

011-44-207-636-6565

(fax)011-44-207-323-0101

duncan_heath@icmlondon.co.uk

(Heath is also the agent for other UK-based artists e.g. Michael Caine, Julian Fellowes, Mick Jagger.)

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Thanks again Ron... I have had replies from everyone. EMI publishing are looking at it at the moment!! :)

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

man paul, this is exciting. just for fantasy sake, say they listen to your tunes and find you the musical genious that i KNOW you are. wouldnt' that be a kick to have them interested in you. you know, have their people talk to your people? wowzers.... good for daydreaming if nothing else. don't forget us little people when you're a world mega-superstar ok?

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think David Bowie Reply with quote

Haha Bud, thanks for your kind words....

Unfortunately they cant give the permission at this time... so iam gutted, but must press on....

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: