MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Big hurricane to hit Florida again?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

My brother lives in West Palm Beach....talked to him tonight....he said they will miss the brunt of the storm supposedly but will still get 70-80 mph winds....he boarded up the house but they are staying put...I told him he was a bigger hard-head than me....dumb lug.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Yeah, Seismo, it's hard to tell just what path she'll take. I think the last hurricane was predicted to hit Tampa Bay, but then it turned more toward central FL instead. TBay just got a lotta rain, I believe.

I expect you get a surprise from the Gulf of Mexico every now & again to deal with, yourself.

Nice thing about the upper midwest - no hurricanes or earthquakes to prepare for. But then they's some mighty nasty twisters or 2 feet of snow that comes along to keep ya on yer toes. So it all balances out, I suppose!

Here's a link to possible trackings of Frances.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

It was just a few weeks ago that the good folks in Florida took a big hit from one hurricane. Now Frances - which looks to be even meaner - seems to be heading that way.

(In this pic Florida is the land on the lower left, the island at the middle-right is Cuba. Frances is almost covering Bermuda.)

Any reports from Blah-blahers down that way - Florida, other southeastern states?

Stan Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Well here I is at ground zero, Tampa Bay.... St. Petersburg to be exact. It's noon here. We're getting lots of rain and some pretty impressive wind gusts. It's only gonna get worse. They sayin now that it's gonna be this way for the next 24 hours due to the size of the storm and how slowly it's moving.

Barely Pink

The Vodkanauts

Vote Democrat and have a heart.

Vote Republican and have a brain.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Hey Stan....Surf's Up, Bro!! :lol

Take care, man.

Can't get through to my brother....power lines and telephone lines and cell phone towers are down.....124 mph wind gusts in West Palm this morning....hope he ain't floating in the Atlantic right now.

I'm gonna have to whip his big ass if he's still alive for worrin' me like this. :box :ohno

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Hold tight... hope everyone will be ok!!

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

Stan Arthur

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Well it's 9am Monday and we're still getting pounded here. The storm has stalled about 50 miles northwest of us out in the Gulf of Mexico. There's a huge feeder band sweeping through the Tampa Bay area bringing us very heavy rains and some moderate winds. There's no substancial damage to my property, yet, but we still got hours to go.

Barely Pink

The Vodkanauts

Vote Democrat and have a heart.

Vote Republican and have a brain.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Hope all ends well for you.

Kickin' banner by the way. :thumb

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Looks like folks here made it through Frances okay. Whatta mess, tho.

Seismo, from looking at probable paths of Ivan - a 5 (160+ mph winds) category hurricane at present - it seems it might head more towards your way, just nicking west FL on it's way to Dixieland in general. Duck and cover, if needed!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Ron!!

I'm waxin' my surfboard right now, buddy...

Panama City Beach, here I come.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

It's just an "endless summer", you Beach Boy!

If Ivan gets to the States, my bet (right now) would be it makes landfall somewhere around Mobile and Biloxi. Just a wild guess, these buggers have a mind of their own.

If you get tired of riding the water, here's a site you might like - if you ain't been there yet.

Motorcycle Online - Virtual Museum

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Big hurricane to hit Florida again? Reply with quote

Cool site, Ron....thanks!!

Did you know they started making the Indian again??

www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Thought about opening a dealership here in Meridian, but you gotta be a bonafide millionaire on paper before they'll talk about it.....ah, well.... :lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: