MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

joined Taxi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shandi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: joined Taxi Reply with quote

as I promised to keep you informed- I joined taxi for $299.00 and submited Lone Cowgirl and I'm Packin' to the tune of $65.00 ( five dollars per submission) to what I thought were appropriate listings. I will keep you informed of response( if you want to look at them they are):

TAXI #: S040813AM        Request Critique        Cost

I'm Packin'                $5.00

Lone Cowgirl                $5.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAXI #: S040727CO        Request Critique        Cost

TAXI #: S040730AM        Request Critique        Cost

TAXI #: S040803CO        Request Critique        Cost

TAXI #: S040813CO        Request Critique        Cost

TAXI #: Y040728CO        Request Critique        Cost

TAXI #: S040901CO        Request Critique        Cost

Lone Cowgirl $5:00

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

Shandi, can you make your TAXI submissions via the internet now?

Or do you still have to send them hard copies through the post?

Good luck with that, btw.....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

Shandi! Let us know what the 'critique' say! Wooooooooohoooooooooo Thank you so much for keeping us updated!! You are A STAR! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

shandi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Taxi Reply with quote

Yes you can submit through the internet now via broadjam - which is another $39.99. I joined broadjam at the lowest possible price just to be able to submit electronicaly The whole thing is very pricy. But I can't wait to get the feedback - allot of the submissions are for music libraries which is not a garanteed gig. . Now I'm getting these-mails daily about futher submissions I could make but they cost more! "sample" (Below is a brand new TAXI Dispatch listing. If you'd like to upgrade your membership to TAXI Dispatch, to be able to submit to this and all Dispatch listings, simply call us at 800-458-2111 or reply to this e-mail with your name, membership #, and daytime phone #, and we'll get you started immediately. And remember, the cost to upgrade your membership is only 41.08 cents per day.) they want you to buy a whole year that adds up - I have very mixed emotions and certianly don't plan on sending them any more money till I hear about these two songs which I know are quality. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope we can all learn something from my adventure or misadventure ( yet to be revealed)

:kizz

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

Be careful with your money, Shandi.

The marketing people at TAXI are very good.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

Keep us posted on how it's going, Shandi!

It's a great idea to wait and see before sinking too many $$ into it. Also, if memory serves, I believe they have a "money back guarantee" if ya think their services are stinko.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

Yes - they do have a "Money back guarantee"....

Which they honour quite decently...

I joined TAXI in early 2002. Paid $300 US.

I became dis-satisfied, and asked for my money back.

I was reimbursed in full within 10 days - no hassle at all.

So - I respect them for that.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

Yeah Drooly - I think Shandi's wise to send 'em stuff she knows is good for their critiquing to get an idea if she wants to use their services.

I use to enjoy writing really awful lyrics to send to those "we'll put your words to music" - "songs-poems wanted" ads in the mags. No matter how bad the crap I sent, they thought there was potential, heh! All I had to do was send $50 (or whatever) to cover the cost of their work and they would split the royalties, 50-50.

So I'd write back with my counter offer - they could record & promote "our song" for free and I'd let them take 90%. Hell, I wasn't greedy. For some reason, I'd never hear back from those "music publishers".....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

I hear you, Ron....

I just don't want to see Shandi get scammed.....

I'm not saying TAXI is a scam.... - I'm just saying you need to keep your eyes wide open out there....

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

RON!! hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha Can you give us an example of your really bad lyrics?

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Taxi Reply with quote

Yup, I see it as a diff strokes 4 diff folks thing. Taxi works for some, doesn't click as well with others. What Shandi has going for her is that she's not a newbie, has great talent and the experience to judge if something's worthwhile.

And of the the online A&R-type services, TAXI has been around probably the longest and had it's hits along with the misses.

What would be helpful for musicians is if the online A&R, OMDs, labels, reps, etc. posted a running total of their hits & misses - e.g. percentage of clients actually hooked up with indie labels, major labels, songs licensed and so on. Not just the good news and highlights. It would be unrealistic to expect any of them to bat 1000 and there's never a sure thing, but some specific solid percentages would be good to look over.

But Shandi knows the score & whazzup, so the money-back offer is a good out if she doesn't like the feel of it.

ONOFFON
All the mystery is taken as fact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

Hey Shandi -

I finally broke down and signed up too. My first two submissions were complimented but not forwarded.

But, the third time was a charm. All three songs received a rating of 10 in every category and were all forwarded. :bmutant

Since then, I have submitted to three more submissions that are still pending.

Good luck to you - I hope to hear good news!

Von from ONOFFON

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

Hi Von! Great to see you here!

I'm just curious, after you get a review, then what? :dunno

|Talk Soup |

ONOFFON
All the mystery is taken as fact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

Hiya Chris - always a pleasure... :kizz

The way TAXI works is they serve as a 'middle man' between the artists and those asking for music. Producers ask for specific kinds of tunes and the artists submit songs they think are appropriate to the specific request. TAXI then has their group of 'A&R' people listen and critique the songs. If they like the songs and find they fit the category, then they 'forward' them on to the producer asking for music.

Making it to the forward is only half the battle. But the producers requesting music from TAXI have confidence that only quality stuff will be forwarded.

It's still up to the producer whether or not they'll use your stuff. Then, they'll contact you independently to work out a licensing deal for what they want to use.

But, as you know, getting in the door is the toughest part.

:ww

Netjams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: joined Taxi Reply with quote

shandi has ben through the door so she knows what it is like :kizz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: