MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Success at last...............

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Success at last............... Reply with quote

Save-our-pub calls heeded Jul 26 2004

By Peter Young, The Evening Chronicle

Residents have won a major victory in a long-running battle to stop developers demolishing one of Newcastle's best-known roadside inns for housing.

City councillors have rejected plans to build on the site of the Three Mile Inn on the Great North Road in Gosforth which had led to an outcry.

The Civic Centre was flooded with protests as more than 2,000 people signed letters and petitions of objection.

The proposal, by Rostock Investments, was to pull down the pub and build a four-storey block with 50 flats along with nine townhouses on the site.

But the proposed development was rejected unanimously by members of the development control centre.

Residents' representatives said after the meeting they were delighted and warned that they will continue the fight if the developer decides to appeal.

There were concerns about the loss of a popular local pub and restaurant as well as potential over-development.

Planning officials agreed and recommended councillors to turn down the planning application.

They said the scheme was inappropriate and would harm the suburban character of the locality.

Councillors also rejected a late move by the developers to deal with the proposal as an outline planning application.

Officials said that would mean consultations would need to be carried out all over again.

After the meeting, Coun Diane Packham, one of the local councillors who have supported residents throughout the battle, said: "We are very glad the application was refused.

"The demolition of the Three Mile Inn would be a great loss to the community.

"The proposed development was did not fit in with the area. It would also have added to traffic congestion during the morning peak."

Coun Packham added: "If the application is called in, the fight against the development will go on."

If ya can remember, they were gonna knock my fav bar down, wich has a lot of history for me.... !!!!:bmutant

Well its not gonna happen!!!!!!!! :bmutant

:g

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo! That's great news Paul! Although I think you go to the pub too much :wgrin

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

:aua

Nah!!! not often enough!!!! :l

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

Not sure if you have seen this clip, but its a good one of my fav bar...... :)

THE THREE MILE INN

:)

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

hey paul, send me a good picture of the place sometime will you?

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

Well Iam not going tomorrow..... but me and D might call in over the week end.... and I will grab a good shot!!.... its actually a nice building to look at!!

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

coool. make it an interesting one too eh?

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Success at last............... Reply with quote

Iam not as good as you or Kris but I will try!!

Paul

Business As Usual . com

Soundclick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: