MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

How NOT to react to a bad review...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: How NOT to react to a bad review... Reply with quote

At www.Demorama.com, responses & feedback from artists who submitted their material for review are passed along from the Demorama "HQ" to all the reviewers, myself included. We have the opportunity to look over the feedback - the positive, the negative and the ones in-berween. Some of them are pleased, some not so pleased and many often have good points on why they feel either way.

Reviewers can be wrong and often are - Decca Records passed on the Beatles, noting that "guitar groups are going out of style". The studio talent scout who watched Fred Astaire's first screentest came up with "can't act, can't sing -can dance a little".

So, often it's just the luck of the draw on which music ends up in which reviewer's hands.

But every now and then we get a bad sport who can't handle anything less than a rave review. Like this for example - I've snipped off the artist's name, nobody that I think anyone here would know, anyway - someone who's still venting about a 2001 review of their self-submitted music! Here's just a few clips of the artist's rants that have provoked a few giggles. (I wish I could share the response sent to the artist from Demorama "HQ", it's hilarious.)

====================

"Kindly remove the placement from the website ASAP as it is unauthorized and Illegal. If not, I will be forced to take legal action." :box

"RE:ADVISORY NOTE TO EDITOR

REMOVE THE UNSOLICITED AND ILLEGAL REVIEW OF MY MUSIC (2001) FROM WWW.DEMORAMA.COM AT ONCE!!!!!! IF NOT, LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!!!!"

:box

"for the last time:REMOVE THE REVIEW OF MY MUSIC FROM WWW.DEMORAMA.COM i`ve emailed you about this matter 50 times already. can`t you read or are you just plain stupid???"

:box

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: How NOT to react to a bad review... Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahahahaha A very passionate musician! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Treacle Lilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How NOT to react to a bad review... Reply with quote

That IS hilarious!!! :aua

I had a CD reviewed by Demorama back in the day, under another incarnation...they must have purchased it from MP3.com, because I never sent one to them. They were actually very very kind. Review was QUITE favorable. :)

I may even actually send them one this time. :fg

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: