MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

ANOREXIC SKELETON.....ic-musicmedia 'song of the day'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clone9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: ANOREXIC SKELETON.....ic-musicmedia 'song of the day' Reply with quote

lost my link to this bb but just found it...oh well here is what i have been up to lately...lots of cool things going on for me in the music biz

my project with current Grammy winning producer is here

my other project with current WIND UP recording artist is here

and our really weird video is here

dR. O aka the supergroup of cyberspace is HERE

I really don't believe he's a doctor. I think he gave a fake name of a doctor that he found online. HA HA HA HO

Edited by: clone9  at: 6/3/04 8:54
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

Ben!!!!!!! :D :D :D

You LOST the link???? :insane

Here you go: MyMP3Board.com

Is this easy enough to remember??? :eyebrow :frankie :laugh

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

BEN!! Great to see you here!! hahahhaha

I'm listening first to "Gold" - the first track with your Grammy winning producer - Wow this wasn't what I expected. It's a smooth sounding song with great vocals on it. The song starts off light and ends very powerfully! I've just listened to this twice now! Ran out of time. I'll be back later to check out more of your links Ben! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

clone9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

thanks ya'll....well my old laptop had water spilled on it so i got another laptop but lost all my links of course....anyway here i am :ww :w w:ww

i just finished another new song tonight that i am really proud of bc i played 100% of the music and derek just did the vox

after the latest "Holy War" is over all the churches will only have skeletons in them.....so here is a tune from THE CHURCH OF THE BONES.....i even through a certain someone a bone by putting the word 'time' in the lyrics lol

gulftech.org/hosted/o/thechurchofthebones/cotb_thepreacher.mp3

hello

i'm the preacher of the church of the bones welcome home

and here we stand alone

as these walls become your home ignore those moans

as the flesh falls from your bones

and don't u cry

i'm the preacher of the church of the bones

you scan over these walls searching for a friend

but the only friend is time

can u feel the pain inside weeping from within

in the church of the bones

don't u cry

i'm the preacher of the church of the bones

how many times do i have to tell u there is no 'church of the bones'

yes there is

no it was just a story made up to scare u

i do not lie

i am the preacher of the church of the bones

I really don't believe he's a doctor. I think he gave a fake name of a doctor that he found online. HA HA HA HO

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

Ben - your really weird video is really great!! I watched it before - I love it!

Your new song is very melancholic and too sad for me this morning. I'll listen again another time. I like the speaking part in the middle. Nice effect.

|Talk Soup |

clone9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

soon the churches of the world will only be filled with bones if some people get their way....

gulftech.org/hosted/o/thechurchofthebones/cotb_thepreacher.mp3

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

Oh well, this "Gold" track is really well produced.

I like how the guitar was treated in the mix to create an accent. Vocals are also done and recorded well!

I hear progress!!!!!

So, the pics are strange of course :D :D :D :D

Looks like a greek orthodox monastery to me,

but could also be staged of course.

In Greece they do these bone collecting things

in churches, in Cyprus as well!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

Now listening to "And the Bombs Fell"

I like Gold more although the chorus in this one is great - quite nu-metal - I like the dynamics of the song. So who's the producer? I kept listening to this song. I think I like your style Ben. I'm talking about the music and vocal delivery - I haven't really focused on the lyrics....

|Talk Soup |

clone9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

well i shoud clarify who does what/when/where on these projects

ANOREXIC SKELETON-derek pardoe on lead vocals/rhythm guitar/bass and ben marble, md on guitar/backup vox....me and derek wrote/performed all of these songs

gulftech.org/hosted/o/ANOREXICSKELETON/

THE CHURCH OF THE BONES-basically the same as ANOREXIC SKELETON but with our new studio gear...ROLAND 24 track with video monitor, better mikes, etc......

gulftech.org/hosted/o/thechurchofthebones/

REMEMBER THE FALL....project put together by current 2 Grammy winning producer of Evanescence/Atomship aka Dave Fortman.....Dave handpicked the musicians to write the songs and they were given to derek and myself to write lyrics/add derek on vocals.....so my role on this project is co-lyricist/help create vocal melodies and i actually was acting "PRODUCER" on these tracks when mixing the music down/adding dereks vocals though Fortman will re-record them all and be the real producer

gulftech.org/hosted/o/rtf/

and then of course there is always dR. O

dR. O

clone9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

here is a new tune we recorded last night

LIGHT AT THE END?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

Hi Ben! Is this a demo? It's very quiet even with the volume turned up. I've always loved your voice. I wish the mix was clearer. It reminds me ever so slightly of the Smiths and my ears are aching to hear you. I love vocals with acoustic guitar. This song is pretty. Is the chorus "See myself 30 years from here"?

|Talk Soup |

clone9

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

here r the lyrics....again that is Derek singing on this one but i did help write it along with the others :laugh

Lyrics

not as smart as i use to be,

but at least i think i know that now.

This is as happy as i will ever be

but @#%$ that is so sad to know.

If i was never born here, i could never be Stuck in this time

Not as cool as i use to be,

the girls dont even ask to know my name

not as happy as i use to be,

but atleast i fake a smile well.

See myself 30 years from here, darkness fills my mind.

" " , pain will fill my mind.

were not as young as we use to be,

and everybody grows old alone.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

hahaha Then I love Derek's voice too! :D

Can he or you write more inspirational lyrics? I guess that's why I thought there are similarities to The Smiths who wrote some of the most depressing songs of all time.....

Just my two cents (my ten cents is free...)

|Talk Soup |

clone9

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

derek tends to have a negative view of life in general i am slowly trying to get him to not always be so negative:wgrin

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: its been a while.... Reply with quote

hahahahaahaha I guess it's cause I'm a happy person generally - there is of course a time and a place to listen to something sad. Today just isn't. Tell Derek, that many people have sad lives and tragedies to overcome and music/songs is a great simple way for them to feel uplifted and light. Or suggest he writes a song that STARTS out sad but finishes on a good note - this gives listeners hope. It's actually more challenging although I guarantee his songwriting will grow more. Send him my best wishes from Hong Kong! And of course you know I always send you my best wishes!

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: