MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Mac...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

Chris, check this out to see if may be of any use -

EPHPOD

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Mac... Reply with quote

Anyone know? Thank you!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

Wow thanks Ron!! It looks like software to be able to upload songs to the iPod.

It also begs me to ask;

Is there a Windows equivalent to iPod I wonder?

|Talk Soup |

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

The forums seem quite interesting on that site. It's all a tad complicated isn't it? Just wanting to get an iPod as a present for my true love and not have to spend hours working stuff out....

Oh yes I have a firewall on the big computer!!

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a firewall on the big computer

That's good, Chris - but "firewire" is a way to connect devices -a firewall is to prevent them from connecting, hahaha!

Perhaps a Windows equivalent might be Musicmatch Jukebox??

I bet Herr Burn will have more insight on Mac2Win interface stuff than I - you're right, it can get complicated!!

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

In looking over Apple's Ipod site, I found the connector I mentioned; I don't know if it transfers 2way or just from Win to Ipod. And I don't know if this just works when connected up or if you need software to "make it go".

Ipod dock connector - Windows

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

Oh, yeah - you'll need a "firewire" interface to work with the software (or any other like software) linked to in my previous post.

Do you know if your PC has a firewire port, Chris? If not, I believe you'll need something that will convert one of your USB ports to firewire (to interface with the IPod).

An adaptor something like this or one among these.

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 5/19/04 4:24
4teetoo

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

chris, i have a creative nomad 2 XL, that is windows-based, and has 20 gigs of storage space. it stores/plays mp3s and is also a hard drive for file storage.

.what.would.u.do.if.u.weren't.afraid.

purge.

grasp.

incite.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

ok.

This is all waaAAaay too complicated.

Forget the iPod, Chris..

Get him one of these...:

That's what I use....

:ghost

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

I think you're on to something there, Drooly. But I think you'd need an analogue-digital interface connection for Windows for best audio quality! Maybe could pick one up at Radio Shack, harharhar.

For hardware, a zipdrive or someother simple storage unit that connects via USB, would work much easier. Not as cool as an Ipod as a gift, tho.

Hmmm...my family had a Victrola - cabinet standing type, we used to play those thick Edison Record's 78s on it. Great good fun.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to use iPod with a PC? I don't have a Ma Reply with quote

You know what he can just borrow my MD player!! This is so complicated!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Thanks for all the advice guys!! Now what to buy, what to buy....

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: