MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Last Flight Out" new single from NZ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elvin66

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: "Last Flight Out" new single from NZ Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is Mark from Last Flight Out.....an old friend of Chris. We have a 5 piece band in NZ and have just recorded a demo that we have made available for download or streaming. Anyone who has nothing better to do than listen to music is more than welcome to download/stream the song as feedback will definately be appreciated ! Thanks all...

Our website is www.bradymax.com/lfo

Go to the "Song List" page and scroll down to "Mistakes" there you will see the links. This one starts off slow (alt rock) but really jams out in the end haha.

You comments are appreciated

Mark

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: "Last Flight Out" new single from NZ Reply with quote

MARKO! I"m at work now and cannot listen!! So great to see you posting here!!

Hey everyone I met Mark at mp3.com YEARS ago (4 years?) and he's one of those 'Online Romances that happen' - NOT with me - hahahhahahaa With his now missus Conni!! Kind of like reality TV online, when you watch people fall in love... awwwwwwwww

So I'll listen when I'm at home Marko! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

elvin66

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: "Last Flight Out" new single from NZ Reply with quote

Sooooo nice to hear from you Chris ! I got the package by the way and many thanks, It's great ! As for reality TV...I think...well let's just say that I don't watch it <G> But heck yeah, lemme know whatcha think hun...

Mark

elvin66

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: "Last Flight Out" new single from NZ Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and as for the online romance, Chris was to slow haha (damn) but my wife and I met in San Diego back in 2000 trying to put together a charity concert for kidz with cancer. I don't believe I flew from Australia to LA and drove to San Diego with 3 other musicians only to have the charity organisations not want to be a part of it or help in any way. Go figure...we would have made them truck loads of money..?

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Hi Mark Reply with quote

I visited your site and listened, its pretty cool. I notice you guys do some of the songs we do, like Just a Girl... heh.

and this is not Chris, its Debbie...:wgrin

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Hi elvin66.......

pleasedtameetcha.....!

Listening to "Mistakes".......

I like the style.......like the lead vocal...

The jangly rhythm guitar is maybe a bit loud....????

Are you sure the "ahhhhh and oooh" backup vocals are on key..?

HEY.....!!!! - the change at the end is Hilarious...!! - hahahaha - I love it...!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

p.s. - what do you play in the band...?

oh - and here's a direct link to Mistakes (hi-fi)

:eyes

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Thanks Drooly - I was just about to post the direct link myself! hahahahahaha

Mistakes - Love Mark's voice on this one. It sounds like a cross between Stone Temple Pilots & Billy Idol. The backing vocals do sound slightly off-key to me too, why's that? mmmm tasty guitar lead. Nice dynamics with the tempo change. Conni sounds fab! wooooohoooooooo

|Talk Soup |

elvin66

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Hey thanks Debbie ! We hope to one day ditch the covers and go all original. We have written 9 since xmas but only just started recording at home.

Mark

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Hey Marko - there's no harm in doing a few covers in a set, it breaks the ice plus gives the audience a gauge of your band (talent & personality) by the choice of covers and your bands interpretation.

I believe the Stones did and still do covers, as did the Beatles and Nirvana and David Bowie. Even Madonna. And we love Madonna here at Blah Blah - well I do hahahahahahaha

|Talk Soup |

elvin66

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Yeah I don't mind doing a few covers really. I play accoustic rhythm guitar and lead vocals (and backing vox on Connery Faires songs) The oohs and ahhhs in that song is actually Conni on the left chanel and me on the right. We are actually singing "Pearl Jam" but it's hard to hear. Maybe it sounds funny cuz my track is a harmony to hers so I might delete mine and double her up.

elvin66

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

It's funny you should mention Stone Temple Pilots and Billy Idol Chris, I do covers of theirs haha. Over here people seem to liken me to Eddy Vedder or Pearl Jam. Geeze, I don't hear it. My influence came from Neil Diamond in the early years so there's that raspy voice thing.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Mark Reply with quote

Forget Neil Young, Eddie Vedder's vocals are much sexier and cooler!! You probably didn't see my article at Coolgrrrls.com where my latest article amongst other things; reviews a Neil Young concert hahaha

|Talk Soup |

Connery Faire

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Just stopping in 2 Introduce myself Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for hte feedback on our song. This isn't a final cut of the song and it will be re-recorded in a real studio and mastered by a professional mastering company. I thnk one of the reasons things might sound off key is the final mix. We often unfortunately don't hear certain things until after we;ve sent the damn things off to the radio stations <G> Next timeI think we'll ask you opinion befor we send it off <G>

Have a good one

Connery Faire

Last Flight Out

"The Boobs of the Band"

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Just stopping in 2 Introduce myself Reply with quote

Hey Conni!! wooooooooohooooooooo So good to see you posting here too! Whip Marko into shape will yOU? hahahahahaha :rollin Come back soon and listen to some of the other musicians who hang out here!! wooooooohooooooo

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: