MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mike B...is this list...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Mike B...is this list... Reply with quote

...a decent one?? Need an expert's opinion...

SONIC TEMPLE

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 5/5/04 5:03 pm
HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike B...is this list... Reply with quote

I ain't Mike, but that's some really nice gear. Manley stuff is excellent.

If you haven't yet, I suggest you try one of those MD-421's on your guitar cabinet. Maybe even mic it in stereo with an SM-57 for a really thick guitar tone. :evil

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

Edited by: HatefulMusic at: 5/5/04 6:19 pm
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike B...is this list... Reply with quote

Of course I feel honored to be "called", but I don't claim the

final wisdom in the huge world of musical gear.

More important than any gear is ALWAYS the engineer, his ears, musical mind and expertise/experience.

Well, I see in this list that they are very well equipped with microhones. All needs served for. Amps also.

I am no fan of the Nuendo DAW, however you can produce

decent sounding products with this equipment.

The effects and processor section is rather consevative/middle-class though :)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike B...is this list... Reply with quote

Thanks Theo and Mike...

Trying to get as much feedback as I can from people who know the "business" better than I do....might buy a piece of this outfit but want to gather more info before I drop this wad into it..Sean is a very cool dude who knows his stuff and has done some great work in the past...gonna take it to the next level if I invest in it....

Appreciate it!!

:fg

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike B...is this list... Reply with quote

The problem with studios is that really good gear has gotten cheap. This has caused a big drop in the demo market. This also puts downward pressure on studio rates. Combine that with a down enconomy, and the small studio business in the US is hurting.

Commercial accounts are still a viable option, and the rates are not as depressed. Jingles, muzak, commercials, voice-over work. "Serious" musicians are also still around. This is based on my experience buying a studio and having it fail.

Before investing, I highly recommned a thorough look at the business climate as well as the financials.

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Theo Reply with quote

you havent been to the board awhile... can you write me at debbie@debbiemannas.com? I dont have your email addy.

Cheers

d

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Theo Reply with quote

Hey, Debbie.

You have mail.

Anti-spam tip: Automated web programs called "spiders" & "bots" crawl around sniffing for email addresses. One trick is to post your email address something like this: theo<at>hatefulmusic.com. Then it's human readable, but the spiders & bots don't pick it up. This has been a public service announcement from your local Anti-Spam Council. :ft

Sorry, Seismo. Didn't mean to threadjack. :)

Studios are really fun to hang out in.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: