MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

hahahaha.....

Just thought I'd start this thread to stir up a bit of trouble - I've been way too nice lately....:alarm :alarm :alarm

Actually - I hear he can cure stuttering, just by talking to people for a few minutes...

I've also seen testimonials of people being miraculously cured of ingrown toenails after attending one of his life-changing seminars, and writing him a cheque for several thousand dollars......

WOW........!!!!

Unleash the Power Within, Baby.........:evil

hahahahaha again...............:b

:kizz

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/4/04 12:58 am
questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Drooly ... Reply with quote

Who's Anthony Robbins?

:dunno

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

Hahahaha! Well, Maybe the 1.25 coming of JC, Drooly!

He is a good motivator, though. Primarily by getting folks to believe in their own capabilities. I know when he did smaller group seminars he used to invite participants to do a "firewalk". There's really not much chance of getting one's feet burned because of the physics/thermodynamics and biology involved - but most people don't make that analysis. It's more like "them thar is some hot coals, me feet will get fried but good!". But the point of it was that when the perceived fear is confronted and conquered, it demonstrates to a person how much s/he can limit her/himself by prejudices, fears and subjective perspective.

I got interested in his stuff more for communication skills though, esp such areas as "neurolinguistics" or "NLP". (I already have an uber-inflated opinion of my abilities, LOL).

So AR ain't spreading the Gospel, ya just take away from it what you think may be of use and can set the other stuff aside.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Who's Anthony Robbins?

I'm not sure if Brits get any of those half-hour "info-mercials", lol. Below is Tony Robbin's site link, if it's any help. And I believe Chris attended a big AR seminar a year or so ago in HK.

Tony Robbins

Hank Haywire

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly ... Reply with quote

He's a snake oil salesman.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Drooly ... Reply with quote

I hear Beelzebub is a good motivator, too.

Ok.

Hey, we shouldn't be so hard on Tony.

He's just trying to make a living.

So what if he sells snake oil to the ailing, and ice cubes to Eskimos....?

Tony is a very nice person.

Just cut him a $2000 cheque, and he'll prove it to you.

AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN....!!!

Edited by: droolymutt  at: 5/4/04 12:02 am
questionnaire

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: ????????? Reply with quote

'Bioenergetic colloidals and micronutrients?'

Oh, I see, it's a 21st century medicine-show .......

:frankie

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ????????? Reply with quote

That's about it, questionnaire...

Care for a bottle of Dr. Tony's Tonic? Also known as The Elixir of Life....?

hahahahahaha.......!!!!

Man, I love making fun of that wanker......

It's too easy.....

(In a "Jim Baker, Tammy Faye" kinda way.......)

:)

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ????????? Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, you gotta seperate wheat from the chaff and figure what works for you as I sez, what doesn't and what's just such so much horsehockey to you.

Another fellow I like to take in is "The Amazing Randi", the profesional skeptic/debunker of occult/newage stuff, ghosts, psychics (Uri Geller was peeved, hahaha!), healers, religious hucksters, etc. He takes an (ahem) critical look at AR at least on one page of his site:

Randi - an email/commentary re:AR

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

hahahaha Thanks for bringing Tony into further discussion here Droolymutt.

Ron - you are spot on! Tony teaches two things: how to think differently, and how to move differently.

He teaches how you can change the way you think: new questions to ask yourself, new intepretations and definitions for what you experience, new roles you can accept for yourself, different values and visions for the future. IF you are willing to try out what he teaches, you will discover that you can force yourself to interrupt old destructive habits of thought. Even better, you can discover that the old habits are replaced by great new powerful, positive, fun, effective habits; since they're habits, you don't have to keep forcing yourself any more.

Tony's teachings about moving your body deal with several areas. They include exercise, nutrition, scheduling, time management, life planning and more. Even better, he teaches about how to figure out what emotions do with your body, and how to use your body to change your emotional state within seconds.

Keep in mind that Tony Robbins is not selling "new" and often not "improved" but a compilation of the best. It boils down to if you are really into self improvement, a lot of this is old news, just phrased differently and certainly Tony Robbins' own brand of delivery is unique.

For me, his slant on things have awakened many things that I already knew just hadn't used. In other areas, he provided valuable information on how to accomplish what so many have told us to accomplish but never went further.

On a personal level, Tony has provided me with a new perspective on what is most important to me. How to focus on those things and let the rest come as it comes. I am the creator of my own destiny and now I am focused on my finances which are getting better - not getting rich, just moving forward. I have opened my own mind to look at my own life and am drawing my own conclusions. It was utilizing Tony's programs that allowed me to do that. Had I used another program I might have gotten the same results, but I happen to appreciate the character that is Tony Robbins and his delivery.

I believe the real Erin Brockovich also went through Tony Robbins mastery university which helped her create her own drive and determination.

The crux of the matter is that you do not need to believe in Tony Robbins - you only need to believe in yourself. Once you believe in yourself, Tony Robbin's techniques can be pretty darned useful.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

hahaha...

I love the way you deal with challenges and confrontation, Chris...

(Like what I did with this thread....)

You didn't take it personally, you didn't become defensive, and you didn't become offensive.....

I love it......!

You should be giving seminars to teach Tony how to give seminars.......

hahahahaha again......!

Whatever, people - we all find our own ways of getting through this thing we call life...

As Kenny Lee said...: - Love your brothers and sisters, y'all...!

(but I still think Tony is a wanker....!...)

*smooch*

:)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

Have you been to one of his seminars Drooly?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is Anthony Robbins the Second Coming of Jesus....? Reply with quote

No, Chris......

So I must admit, I'm being facetious when I criticize or mock him....

But I worry about people who think they can tell others how to live their lives.......

I'm no big fan of psychiatrists, for the same reasons...

I think the answers to life's most important questions have to come from within.... - humans telling humans how to live is like the blind leading the blind........

How can you think a simple, mortal, Human can guide you on such important issues?

I look elsewhere for guidance on that level.

It just pisses me off seeing people getting rich by misguiding others on such a deep level.

But that's just my opinion. And I'm only Human....

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: its funny Reply with quote

people who benefit from TR's type of seminars are people who are curious and discovering/changing and developing every day anyway. Guys like TR are another building block on the way. Some of us can do it without him, by reading self help books, or constantly researching topics of interest, or just observing the styles of highly motivated and achieving people.

I've seen some people who are forced to go for a particular developmental or training course who think they dont need it. No amount of great instruction or examples or testimonials will ever change them. They'll need an epiphany or some serious jolt to make them change. :dunno

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: You don't have to buy from Tony .. Reply with quote

if you don't want too, don't think he ever hurt anyone but I am curious how much money the whole enchalada can end up costing.., Chris???

I'd like to see him work his magic in some of the barrios in Mexico City or San Paulo..., that would get my attention.

Edited by: Sterling30sg at: 5/4/04 12:18 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: