MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Good website..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Good website.. Reply with quote

A friend just sent this to me, interesting reading so far..

www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good website.. Reply with quote

Sterling, there's a thread posted by Chris a day or two ago about Chernobyl with this link.

It is a great site - as I sez, it would make a great book or documentary!

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Huh??? Reply with quote

Didn't see it, maybe that's where my friend who mailed it to me saw it.., it must be getting around..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good website.. Reply with quote

Thanks Ron! Gregg, the thread is here

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Good website.. Reply with quote

Yer welcome, Chris! Hey, did you come across that site's creatorix email addy? I know she has the snailmail one.

I have a guess about her email, though. I should try and see if an email bounces back at me.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Funny, the guy who sent me the web address.. Reply with quote

Along with about 100 other people had "There's Hope for Detroit after all.." or to that effect in the title of the email. Being he's a used guitar dealer and plays in a few bands, i was expecting a great new local act.. (I guess he meant if out nuclear plant went up it would be good for the area..., don't get the humor myself.)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Funny, the guy who sent me the web address.. Reply with quote

Ron - I sent her a postcard but didn't see any email address.

Gregg- that does sound baffling... You may have interpreted the humour right but just didn't find it funny.......

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: I just went back and read the email title Chris.. Reply with quote

It say.. "Detroit isn't so bad after all.." , a little differnt than joking about nuclear destruction.., I should never trust my memory...

That is a frightening reality though.. All these countries trying to obtain nuclear capability.., if those missles ever fly, I guess it could mean the end for all of us..

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Funny, the guy who sent me the web address.. Reply with quote

Chris - since her site is hosted by Angelfire, I tried using her Angelfire user name @ Angelfire. Hasn't bounced back to me yet, so far.

Gregg -

Yeah, it is quite scary that unstable countries (e.g North Korea, Pakistan) and terrorist groups have - or will likely have in the future - the nukes. The nations that have had nuke capabilities for a long time have a lot of mechanisms to process before they would launch, e.g. an open hotline to one another. With such nations, the bottom line is to avoid using them. For others the paradigm is the opposite - especially for terrorists - the bottom line there is "we got 'em to use 'em" for a specific target/intent.

Not to be a downer or ruin anyone's day, but I would be surprised if one was not detonated somewhere, sometime in our lifetime. Then there's the "poor man's nuclear weapon", which is much easier to create - radioactive material combined with a conventional explosive. Less death & destruction, but it spreads a great deal of radiation in a small area (a few blocks, quarter mile), making it uninhabitable for decades or centuries.

Geez, now I've gone and depressed myself!!!

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Supposedly suitcase-nukes do exist.. Reply with quote

Made in Russia I'm told and theres 90+ unaccounted for at the moment.. Imagine NYC, Chicago & LA going up at the same time and dozens more set to do the same???

Some type of scenario of this sort could happen.., with all the wackos running loose in this world we live in..

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Supposedly suitcase-nukes do exist.. Reply with quote

Okay, Sterling, so I got un-depressed about the world - then I read your reply.

Wish I had the makings for a Manhattan or two. Make it double, heavy on the sweet vermouth and hold the cherry. Yup.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Sorry I hurt anyone's feelings... Reply with quote

But you can go through life with your head in the sand or chose to be aware of reality.., I choose factual reality.

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I hurt anyone's feelings... Reply with quote

I'm agreeing with you, Sterling. (And would add "suitcase nukes" to the list of possible nightmares!Yiii!)

We do indeed have to take the realities of life, we have no choice on that; but sometimes a shot of fine, aged bourbon makes a good chaser! I think where people go wrong is in inverting that order and putting whatever their choice of "chaser" first to be able to handle reality.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry I hurt anyone's feelings... Reply with quote

A reality it is Gregg. And no hiding heads in sands for me either but no living in fear from me. You are making people aware by posting these posts and invoking thought. Thank you.

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: