MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

Quote:
Alanis gets naked (sort of) at awards

Singer protests U.S. censorship of song

Monday, April 5, 2004 Posted: 1318 GMT (2118 HKT)

EDMONTON, Alberta (Reuters) -- Canadian rocker Alanis Morissette didn't bare her breast like Janet Jackson, but she did bare her soul last night at Canada's annual music awards, demonstrating her disdain for what she called "hypocritical U.S. censorship."

Hosting the 2004 Juno Awards ceremonies, Canada's version of the Grammies, Morissette disrobed on stage to reveal a skin-colored, naked body suit with nipples and pubic hair.

As part of the skit, Morissette was then told by the show's assistant director that "actually, we can't show nipples or pubic hair on national TV," at which time the Ottawa-born singer pulled off the fake body parts.

The satirical act, says Morissette, was aimed at U.S. government institutions for over-reacting to cultural, free expression, as a result of the fallout surrounding Janet Jackson's Super Bowl faux pas, when her breast was accidentally exposed to millions of television viewers.

"As you may or may not be aware, recently in the United States, I ran into a little problem with regards to a lyric in one my songs," Morissette told the near-sellout audience of 17,000, referring to her latest release titled, "Everything." The song includes the lyrics, "I can be an ***hole of the grandest kind."

"It was requested that I change a word in the first verse. Well, I am overjoyed to be back in my homeland, the true North ... strong and censor-free."

American radio stations threatened recently to ban the song, forcing Morissette to change the controversial word to "nightmare."

?

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

I quite like Alanis's first album ...... :)

looks like she has lost the plot!! :)

Paul

NEW : RHYTHM CALLED LOVE Video

Down And Dirty Video : BITCH Video : LOOK AT ME Video

Business As Usual . com

Ampcast

Soundclick

Moonfruit

Free Audio Player

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

Actually, she's more than welcome to strip at any strip club in the states. :lana

But she'll have to take off that body suit!

Ah, but Spring in the air everywhere, isn't it? :bday

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 4/5/04 11:12 pm
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

Quote:
I quite like Alanis's first album

Yup, "Jagged Little Pill" is a classic. One of the best of the 90s.

(just like to keep any thread about semi-naked females a-going!) :bmutant

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

Quote:
The song includes the lyrics, "I can be an ***hole of the grandest kind."

Amazing...that rates about a 2 on a scale of 10 of things I hear on the local Urban/Rap/Hip-Hop station here at home...wonder who wanted her to change it??

It's "lightweight" as far as lyrics sung on the stations around here go, and I live in the middle of the Bible Belt!! :lol

Ah, well...anything for publicity, I guess...

:bcool

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

hahaha Good point Seismic!!! :aua

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

:aua

Quote:

A couple weeks back American radio stations said they wouldn't play Morissette's new single, Everything, because the opening line contained the word "@#%$."

She changed it, and now sings "I can be a nightmare of the grandest kind." In Canada the song is being played in its original form.

The singer, known for her social activism in gay rights, environmental protection and other issues, says she gave in to their demand because she didn't think the fight was worth it.

"When it was first requested of me to do that I stood my ground," she recalled. But 10 minutes later she reneged.

WOW!! She stood her ground for 10 whole minutes before the MONEY made up her mind for her...the fight just wasn't worth it... :lol

STORY HERE...

Money Talks, Bullshit Walks...

:bcool

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

Well Seismic - 10 minutes - can be a long time... :wgrin

|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

I hear what you're sayin', pretty lady... :)

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Alanis Morissette protests U.S. censorship of song Reply with quote

:eyes

|Talk Soup |

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

:laugh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: