MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Who wants to move to Canada????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

story.news.yahoo.com/news...arijuana_1

:wgrin

Canada Plans Medical Marijuana Project

Sun Mar 21, 6:49 PM ET

TORONTO - Canada plans to make government-certified marijuana available in local pharmacies, a move that would make it only the second country in the world to allow the direct sale of medical marijuana.

Officials are organizing a pilot project in the British Columbia province modeled on a year-old program in the Netherlands.

Currently, there are 78 medical users in Canada permitted to buy government marijuana, which is grown in Flin Flon, Manitoba. An ounce sells for about $113, and the marijuana is sent by courier to patients or their doctors.

But the department is changing the regulations to allow participating pharmacies to stock marijuana for sale to approved patients without a doctor's prescription, similar to regulations governing so-called morning-after pills. Those emergency contraceptives can be obtained directly from a pharmacist without the need for a doctor's signature.

A notice of the change is expected to be made public this spring, allowing for drugstore distribution later in the year.

"We're just at the preliminary stages right now," said Robin O'Brien, a consulting pharmacist organizing the pilot project. "We're not quite sure how it's going to fit."

The Canadian government also has suggested it may decriminalize marijuana, a move criticized by U.S. drug and border agencies, which threaten more intrusive searches of cross-border travelers.

Some patients report that marijuana alleviates the pain and nausea associated with AIDS (news - web sites) and other diseases. But marijuana's status as a medicinal drug has not been formally approved, O'Brien said.

"There's no pharmaceutical company that's going to come forward to take it through the regulatory process because they can't get a patent on it, so it's kind of a limbo drug," he said.

The pilot project is slated for British Columbia because the province's college of pharmacists issued a groundbreaking statement last fall supporting the distribution of medical marijuana in pharmacies. Most health care organizations have opposed easier access.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

I'm proud of Canada's stance on this.....

I don't partake, m'self, but I disagree with criminalizing something which (in my opinion) is relatively harmless.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Not me!! I'm looking forward to visiting Vancouver in June though!! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Another thing about pot....

In my experience, people who "partake" seem to be peaceful and friendly, whereas legal and glamorized alcohol often seems to make some folks really wacky....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Are you really coming to Canada?

Too bad Vancouver is so far away.....

But Vancouver is a beautiful city in the summer...

You've been there before, no?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Yes I've been there before, I love the city!!

About pot, I used to think like you Drooly but I"ve seen many people who could have done something with their lives but they just sit at home (peacefully etc.) and don't do much. Life seems to pass them by. Of course that doesn't happen to everyone and really then it could be legalised.

If it was legalised, maybe people wouldn't treat it like the gateway to other drugs? I know many people who try hard drugs only cause they've tried dope. Not many people try heroin without trying pot first. Of course not everyone who tries pot takes heroin!!

Pot takes away ambition. Good for over-aggressive people but for people who have shyness problems, bad news...

Anyway I'll stop blahblahing and just tell you again that I am so looking forward to visiting Vancouver again. Beautiful city - full of familiar food and I have 1 Uncle and 1 cousin that lives there. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

"Pot takes away ambition"....

I agree - I've seen that happen a few times...

But certainly not in all cases.....

I'm just happy that Canada plans to de-criminalize it. I don't think using pot deserves a criminal record that could follow some young kid for the rest of his/her life....

I wonder if that nude beach is still happening in Vancouver?

It was called "Wreck Beach" when I lived there....

ahhhh - memories.................

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures from my "West Coast" days.....

en route to Vancouver..(we went by car - I was 18..) the foothills in Alberta...

A beach near Van.. (not Wreck Beach )- I forget which one..maybe English Bay... - my pal Marlene leaning on the log..

North of Vancouver.. - that's the Fraser River below me..

lovely geography in that part of the country...

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Not me!

But I do plan on going to the next Toronto Film Festival.

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Well, if you do, Larree, - let me know....

Toronto is not too far from Montreal....

It would be fun to meet you.. - and if we can avoid discussing politics, maybe we won't even get into a fist-fight....

hahahaha..........

put up yer dukes, ya wanker.................:box

:)

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Bring it on, punk! HAHAHA

Just watch the dates for the film fest! I'll hang with ya!

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

Edited by: LarreeMP3 at: 3/22/04 9:48 pm
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Who wants to move to Canada???? Reply with quote

Quote:
About pot, I used to think like you Drooly but I"ve seen many people who could have done something with their lives but they just sit at home (peacefully etc.) and don't do much. Life seems to pass them by. Of course that doesn't happen to everyone and really then it could be legalised.

If it was legalised, maybe people wouldn't treat it like the gateway to other drugs? I know many people who try hard drugs only cause they've tried dope. Not many people try heroin without trying pot first. Of course not everyone who tries pot takes heroin!!

Yeah, I've also seen that all too often, Chris (loss of ambition in heavy, chronic usage). I've also seen just the opposite of what Drooly describes - where some people get "owly", kind of cranky.

I don't care if a person uses it - just not my cup of tea, as are all "street drugs". Kinda "been there, done that, didn't impress me much". I'm the same about chronic alcohol use. But I'll have a drink or two (hahaha) once in a great while. It was alot more fun when I was a teen, when I was getting away with something, lol.

Nowadays a nice extra large & very frothy cappuccino is a walk on the wild side for me. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream is another wicked vice!

But I understand that the active ingredient in weed provides help to some persons with certain conditions (e.g. glaucoma). My youngest bro is in the hospital now, when he was in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) he was given morphine for pain. Sometimes there are good and helpful uses for such items.

HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: who wants food... Reply with quote

I would agree with the lack of ambition - but I dont know whether its the pot or the nature of the people who take it. I dont particularly like lounging around all day listening to rock and eating (cause it makes you crave food...). But some people are loungers by nature and pot makes it so much nicer to pass the time that way... those that are not, try it, not for them, and move on. Course this is a generalisation.

Anyway, Drooly, FYI, Larree and I did have a looooong telephone conversation about - you guessed it - and we didnt fight at all. In fact it was all very polite. :wgrin

gotta dash now, ambition calls....

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: who wants food... Reply with quote

Chris, while your visiting the big "V", you might want to look up...

THIS LITTLE LADY...

You two out on the town would make for front page news in the local Newspaper I would think....East meets West, so to speak...;) :D

She's young, but as talented as any one artist I've ever seen or heard, including the "biggies"...probably, and I know it is a cliche', the REAL "next big thing"...and as nice a person as there ever was, without a doubt...

:bcool

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: who wants food... Reply with quote

Quote:
If it was legalised, maybe people wouldn't treat it like the gateway to other drugs?

That's a really interesting thought.....

When I was growing up, I had a lot of Italian friends, and was intrigued by their attitude towards wine. I would go to their houses for dinner, - wine was on the table, and even 6 year old kids could have a glass....

But no one ever over-did it.

On the other hand, I had friends who were raised thinking alcohol was a "forbidden fruit", so when they got the chance, they made up for lost time.

So that's another point in favour of legalising pot. Take away the "forbidden fruit" factor.....

I think moderation is the key............

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: