MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

John, I'm VERY glad I met ya.....

Quote:

From John Buckman, Magnatune

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:47:32 -0800

Subject: emusic & iTunes, NYC

To: "Seismic Anamoly" <sanamoly@yahoo.com>

NYC: I will be New York City next week from Monday to Thursday. If you're in NYC and want to meet up, let me know!

EMUSIC: I've signed a contract with emusic.com and will be sending Magnatune's albums there, and we'll be receiving 50% of the revenue emusic generates from downloads of our music on that site.

THE ORCHARD: Separately, I'm about to sign (this week) an agreement with The Orchard, who will then distribute our music to:

iTunes/Apple

Rhapsody/Real Networks

Napster

Music Net/AOL

Music Match

BuyMusic

OD2

If you can't be on emusic, iTunes, or other online sites due to some contractual obligation, and I haven't heard from you yet, please email me right away.

By the way, OD2 fulfills the following services

(and is part of this deal):

UK

Freeserve

Blueyonder

Playlouder

Dot Music/BT Openworld

HMV

Virgin Mega

NTL

Ministry of Sound

MSN

Tiscali

France

MSN

Alapage

Fnac

Wanadoo

NCNumercable

MTV France

Belgacom/Skynet

DirectMedia

Tiscali

Spain

Los 40.com

Prisacom/Los40.com

Tiscali

Germany

DirectMedia

WOM

Karstadt

Mediamarkt

Kontor

Tiscali

Netherlands

MTV Netherlands

Planet Internet

Tiscali

Chello

Denmark

TDC

MTV Denmark

WOM

Austria

AON Musicdownload

Chello

Italy

Tiscali

DirectMedia

MTV Italy

Belgium

Tiscali

Belgacom/Skynet

MTV Belgium

Europe

MTV Europe

- John

:bcool

:g :g :g :g :g

:yeah :banana :ww :banana :yeah

:hicks :party :fg :party :hicks

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 2/18/04 2:45 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Wow that IS good! So I guess you're hinting that TOL could be a part of this.....?

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see TOL on there...go to the site and read up on the submission procedure if you want...

MAGNATUNE SUBMISSIONS

I'll lobby John to put you up there. Could be very interesting/profitable??!! I hope so...I do know I've sold 45 CD's in 3 months there...not lighting the woods on fire, but it took me a year to sell 102 at MP3.com....so I'm on track to double that WITHOUT this new deal. Maybe this deal will make it multiply much faster?? :thumb

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 2/18/04 7:46 am
markhewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

CONGRATS SEISMO!:nw

:sensational

The CD thing really interests me...where do you have your CD's on the Net and how did you achieve such good sales! (besides being incredibly talented, hard working, and dedicated to your craft):yo

MARK

Follow your dreams!

http://markhewer.com

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Hey Mark!!

Mikey J has my what I call my "Hard" copy CD's at GMM; they have done fairly well....but at Magnatune, if you go and check it out, the principle is for people to buy the songs and download them to burn for themselves, so they are not literally buying a "Hard" copy CD, just your songs to make one from. John has sold 45 "CD's" (360 songs of mine) in this fashion for me in 3 months...for $8.00 US to $10.00 US per "CD"....everybody that bought the songs bought them all for each "CD" so far...or people can buy 1 song if that's all they want....price is $1.00 US minimum....the buyer can pay you more if they really like it....John gets 50%, I get 50%....he charges you NOTHING to become a member artist, no setup fee, and no monthly charge.. You can't lose...only gain.

YOU need to submit....I think he'll like your stuff....just use the link in the above post to check it out.

markhewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Thanks Seismo! That's a cool deal! I think I sent an email there about a month ago but never heard anything. I guess I suck! :bawling ...but thanks alot for sharing the info bro! ;)

Follow your dreams!

esa shi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

This sounds good. Good luck to you also.

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

No...you don't suck, that's for DAMN sure...

Quote:

Internet FTP Uploads

Upload MP3s to ftp://ftp.magnatune.com/incoming/.

Please send us at least 30 minutes of music (entire albums are best). The more music you send us, the more likely we are to accept you. We prefer 128k MP3s or better.

Please put your band name in the file names you upload.

After uploading, email submissions@magnatune.com with your band name on the subject line and the song names in the message body. Include a telephone number.

Sadly, for about 20% of the music that's submitted that we really like, we can't determine who submitted it or can't reach them, and can't sign them up.

Don't worry, the FTP upload directory is write-only: no-one else will be able to download your submissions.

Web sites with MP3s

Send an email to submissions@magnatune.com with your band name on the subject line.

Whenever possible, include links to each song or to a playlist file or web site that makes listening easy (for example, mp3.com, IUMA or your MP3s web page).

We get over a hundred submissions per week: please make our job easier and point us directly to where we can hear your music.

Postal mail

Send CDs to: Magnatune Recordings (attn: submissions), 2070 Allston Way, Suite 102, Berkeley, CA 94704 USA.

Please write your contact info on the cd itself. Include your email address and telephone number.

We will listen to you

We listen to every single submission.

Because of the volume of submissions we receive, we only reply to the bands we want to sign up.

We sometimes get as much as a month behind in listening to submissions, so please be patient.

Quote:
We get over a hundred submissions per week

He's just being inundated with stuff right now...it's a bit overwhelming!!

markhewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Thanks Seismo! I just tried the FTP thingy and sent a follow up email. We'll see what happens my brotha! YOU DA MAN!!!:yo

MARK

Follow your dreams!

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Thanks Seismic - TOL don't have 30 minutes of recorded music so I submitted the Sisters of Sharon instead (Just uploaded 19 songs) Can you let your friend know that these are hot babes from Hong Kong? hahahahahhaaha Thank you!

:banana

|Talk Soup |

rod steel global

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

:ww

I'll buy you a beer !

:yo

®od

{Rod RetroMusic Steel}{Export Music Swedish}

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

I'll mail him and let him know he's got 3 Superb Artists/Bands to put up on the site!! I can't guarantee he'll pick you, but I'll damn sure pressure him to. ;)

:bcool

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Thank you so much Seismic!! You are a brilliant man!! :banana

|Talk Soup |

markhewer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

Thanks a million Seismo! You're a class act and a real asset to the Indie scene. :nw

:sensational

MARK

Follow your dreams!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HOTT DAMN - Good things DO come to those who wait..... Reply with quote

:blush :blush :blush

What are friends for??

:dang :bcool :dang

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: