MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Would you listen to my newest collab?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

I'm glad that I was able to work with the talent of Lauren Gibbs!

What do you think of my remix of her original track "Believe"? :lame :D

"Believe (2004)"

:merci

Edited by: MIKE BURN  at: 2/16/04 1:32 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Well yes of course I'll listen! I think Lauren is the luckiest girl in the world!!! :wgrin She must be grateful to work with the great Mike Burn!! The guitar solo is great. The key change is unexpected and cool! Lauren has a great voice. This is very radio-friendly and you could expect to hear it on a MOR station in USA. Nice work Mike! :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

:) Chris :( :blush

Thanks a lot for listening! :bday

You're among the few.... and no... I'm not "great", I'm only tall (overall body height) LOL :merci

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

oh...you are great...(always amazed of your quality mixing talent).......and maybe tall but I don´t know!?

Aren´t we all tall ...from a Chinese perspective?:bleh :eyebrow :eyebrow :eyebrow

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Chris is right, Mike....Great Tune!! This song would be very popular on American radio both on Pop AND Contemporary Country Stations...yes, Country....this is the new style of Country lately....

Excellent!! :thumb

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Thanks for listening again Chris (the tall Austrian) HAHAHAHA! :D

Seismo, interesting that you still consider this to be "country" sound :D however, I like Fusion and all that melts! LOL ;) ;) :D

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Quote:
interesting that you still consider this to be "country" sound

Not me, bro....about 10 million Country music fans between 15 and 30 in the United States....there is not much difference here now between modern "Country" and "Pop"...many successful young Country stars washed out as Pop stars, and vice-versa....go figure. :dunno

:bcool

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Well, it sounds cool to me! HAHA!!!!

Let the dollars rush in.... huhuhuhuhuhuhuhh??? LOL

Country-Fusion, how about that? LOL

BTW..... did I already told you that I really dig your new banner???? :aw :me

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Quote:
Let the dollars rush in....

EXACTLY!! That's what it's all about, eh??!! We have a new Genre!! :thumb

Thanks about the banner...MikeyJ at GMM made it...I think he did an excellent job of it!!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

COUNY-WORLDFUSION

How about that?

HAHAHAHA :me :D

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Perfect!! :D

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

)"%&§(==?("

I mean of course

COUNTRY-WORLDFUSION LOL :bday

(the missing "R" factor LOL) :b

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

i loved the guitarwork in there. the drum didn't sit well with my ears though, seemed sort of too out front for me. don't get me wrong, the song sounds fabulous but the drum was sort of drilling into my brain throughout, maybe that the pattern was much the same throughout and/or an eq issue?

other than that though...

the vocal is awesome and the guitarwork is awesome. great vocal harmonies and great support by the instruments.

just an honest take on the song. oh, and definitely, country-worldfusion!

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

clownie :

i like pie

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

Bud :D

Honest reviews are always the best :D

Well, regarding the drums... -to avoid a misunderstanding-, that's no "pattern" in a technical sense. The drums are a real acoustic drumset and were played by NYC drummer Marc Hoffman. While the snare and Hi-Hats are very consistent throughout the song, there is a LOT of variation gonig on with the bassdrum. It's some subtle thing, since the bass sits tight on the bassdrum and is mixed with less volume for a reason.

The arrangement is quite full and it would have been counterproductive to "feature" the drums more, because of the vocals.

Anyway I know what you mean and it may be the fact, that the acoustic snare was recorded stereo and is very present in the mix. I tried other variations, but found this mix to be the better one. IMHO

This being said, I can't make everybody happy HAHAHA but appreciate your input and the fact that you listened and found something you were able to enjoy in the rest of the song :) )))

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you listen to my newest collab? Reply with quote

haha you can't please everybody all the time, i sure know that!

i guess to me the most important thing about this is that you asked for opinions and i felt comfortable enough with this community to give my real opinion. to me that's the thing that matters most, not whether or not i liked the drum. once again, thanks to you and chris and everybody else for making this a happy and safe place to do that in!

Bud Bennett

homepage :

stained glass :

clownie :

i like pie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: