MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 notebook?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 notebook? Reply with quote

There's heaps of files, photos etc. that I'd like to transfer to this notebook but don't know how to do it except for ftp-ing stuff from desktop to cyberspace and downloading back down to here.

There MUST be an easier way? I don't want to zip then unzip zillions of photos - or is that the only way? :seismo

Any help/advice would be most graciously accepted!

THANK YOU!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Well, of course you can install a network...but...

I have a 160meg external USB2 harddisk......you have you stuff everywhere you want!:we

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Does your laptop have a CD burner ?

Burn data to disc...That's what I do.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Do both of your devices have USB connectors?

If yes, simply get a 1:1 USB direct cable and watch the hard-drives of your desktop coming up on your notebook screen as new external drives.

Beats the speed of FTP'ing and CD-burning 100 fold :) ;) ;)

MIKE

10 free song uploads||1 free video upload

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

WOW MIKE BURN!! That's the answer I'm looking for!!! THank you!! I will go and buy tomorrow and tell the guy its a valentine day present!! :wgrin

Steve - my external burner on my desktop is kaput so I want to burn things and am using my notebook to do it! :box

Thanks Chris you sound very high-tech and equipped!! :banana

|Talk Soup |

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Chris you sound very high-tech and equipped!!
Do I spot some irony in that one?:hm :eyebrow :aua

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Quote:
simply get a 1:1 USB direct cable and watch the hard-drives of your desktop coming up on your notebook screen as new external drives.

Wow! It's that simple? How COOL!

Click here to listen to three decades of original Larree music!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Depending on your OS versions and setup, you may have to explicitely grant shared drives/devices unlimited access in your System/Network setup,

That's all and usually no problem with non customized (i.e. company PC's/Notebooks) devices.

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

USB Data Transfer, article in English

AQUARIAN AGE
Austrian Peacekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

hmm...thats what I meant with:

Quote:
Well, of course you can install a network...but...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the easiest way to move info from desktop 2 noteb Reply with quote

Chris - I just commented on the fact you have an external harddrive.... I had an IOMEGA ZIP drive in the early days and it was loads of hassle hahahahaha But I do know the external harddrives these days are very sexy. SO tell me - are you wearing pants today? :eyes

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: