MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Video questions...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Video questions... Reply with quote

I have one in mind that I may attempt fairly soon.. It'll be a collage of photos along with a soundtrack, seems simple but having never attempted something like this, it's probably harder than I realise.. Also..., is it possibe to use images that cannont be copied and saved by viewers with a video of this sort??

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

Kristina would be the one to ask on this.... :)

Paul

Hawaiian Fireman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

Not difficult at all if you use some of the simpler programs, like Windows Moviemaker (free with XP) or Pinnacle Studio (under a 100 bucks).

With some of the higher end programs, like Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier , Vegas or Edius you can produce some really nice stuff.

Edited by: Hawaiian Fireman at: 2/9/04 1:17 am
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

Quote:
is it possibe to use images that cannont be copied and saved by viewers with a video of this sort??

Some questions:

What type of format(s) are you thinking of using? Photos & sound for a CD or for a webpage or ?

What is your source material to be converted? e.g. avi, real, mov,mpg, wav, mp3 - just a photo-montage of single pics,animated gif, flash, etc ?

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

It's going to be something similar to the opening page on Phoebe Legere's website.. www.phoebelegere.com only about 3 & 1/2 minutes long.., it'll be quite a few more images fading in and out but I'm pretty stumped on what to do about the background.. I'm thinking sunrises, nature scenes, clouds, moonlit skys ect, that's the part I expect to be difficult, I just don't want one background though the entire video, so it would be great if it could be done with subtle scenery chandge throughout the the video (preferable moving footage) while the music is playing.. I don't want anyone to be able to save and download the images used though.., I have my reasons for that but it's important to me that those images cannot be copied.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

I didn't see anything like that on Phoebe's site - maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.? Hey she's played in Hong Kong a few times - I've seen her and think she's great! Is she considered outrageous over there? Hi Gregg! Will get back to you about your email!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

Chris - there's a short shockwave montage on her start page (index1.html) then the page forwards to her index2.html, which is a more general page w/no flash, just menu, some info and regular jpg pics. I'm guessing we're talkin' the shockwave first page here.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

As soon as you go to the site Chris, you'll see her photos fading in and out to a soundtrack, it. only about 15 seconds long but you may have to give it a minute or two to load.., I think it maybe be called just a flash intro.., but I'm thinking something along those very lines, just quite a bit more elaborate..

I don't really know Phoebe Legere, I spoke to her a few times via email, seems like a real nice lady but her art runs the entire spectrum, her music is as beautiful as anyones on the ballad side, her pop song are perfectly constructed too and she can get a little raunchy sometimes too.., but she paints, has produced several movies, is involved in developing new recording technologies, this lady really does about everything you can think of.., you may want to read over all the credentials on her site sometime.., it's very impressive..

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

Okay, Sterling, I think I see what you mean - she uses shockwave-flash for the image sequence and a loops a wav file ("madlybadly.wav") for the sound. The shockwave video and wav were easily copied by me from her presentation.

Any individual image or background in the presentation would take a bit of work to extract/copy. The best I could think of to acquire them would be to do a screenshot when a certain image appeared and then crop the screenshot down to just the image I wanted.

Unless someone was very ambitious, getting the original individual pics and backgrounds would be quite a task. They might be able to do it with Macromedia Director ( the prog that makes the file). But I believe with Director the "author" can choose an option so that the images cannot be seperated from the original, finished montage.

If you use Macromedia Director, I'm sure you're much wiser than I on all that, though! I've just dabbled with it.

As mentioned, Priscilla would be one good person to answer this. But I'm thinking another BlahBlah Board sometimes visitor mebbe could give you a spot-on answer. That would be DroolySis, who is, well.....Drooly's sis. I believe she utilizes a good deal of .swf files in her webpage-making and probably could clue you in on a way to make a .swf presentation from which people can't extract individual images.

Otherwise, folks can only grab the presentation in it's entirety or have to settle for a screencapture of a single page (and then crop out the part they don't want).

So if you're looking at using Shockwave, I'd suggest a shout to Droolysis for a hint or two.

Dunno, if that's of any assistance or no (probably "no", lol). Just my 2 & 1/2ยข.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Video questions... Reply with quote

that's a big help Ron.., so far from what I've gathered, there's an easy and simple way to do this and then there's a the much harder way which is what I'll want..., it might not be in my budget though. I do have access to a large film libary though and pretty state of the art equipment.., but what will it cost money and timewise?? Then there's the image-copying issue.., I have to do everything the hard way..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: