MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav files?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav files? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I have transferred some stuff from cassette to mp3/wav files in my computer and realised that most of the mp3/wav files have lots of blank spaces at the end (10~15 minutes!!) and I want to delete the blank bits before I burn the CDs for my friend.

Any suggestions? I want something simple - I don't want to RTFM you see.... :boink

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :kizz

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Hiya Chris -

Are the files you want to "clip" in wav or mp3 format? Or mixed(some mp3/some wav)?

BTW, that reminds me - I owe you an email and I had planned on attaching to it a newer version of that prog that records straightaway to mp3/wav, so that will be coming your way.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

I have them in both mp3 format and in wav format.

oooh thanks Ron! I'll be checking my email. :kizz

|Talk Soup |

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Oooops - Forgot to ask! Do you have software that converts MP3 to wav and vice versa?

Programs I use to trim such "dead air" do it in wav format & save it as a wav.

So if I'm starting with an mp3 - I convert it to wav for trimming. After it's a saved trimmed wav, I convert it back to an MP3.

An excellent and fast freeware I've found for converting between the two is "MPEG Suite 2001", great program.

it can be downloaded from this page:

MPEG Suite 2001

daniel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Ron-I use Musicmatch to convert wav to mp3s and viceversa...also a nice audio player as well...

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Musicmatch Jukebox? Never used it myself. The nifty thing about MPEG SUITE is that it's freeware, no nags or anything. And it's only 950 k - I think MusicMatch is about 17 megs?

I like the "for dummies" minimal thingees - especially when they're freebies. :D

Usually for clipping and simple editing of wavs I use good ol' Cool Edit 96 - although it's not freeware, the available functions in the unregistered shareware version work just dandy for most purposes. ( I also have Cool Edit Pro for the "heavy lifting".)

Another cool option for mp3 to wav/wav to mp3 is "Rightclick MP3". Rightclick on an mp3 or wav and the options to convert back/forth are right there in the right-click menu. It's donation-ware, and worth sending the author a buck or two if ya like it. It can be had for free at -

RightClick MP3

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

The simplest (and best) audio editing is right here

lolol...............

Scott Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Chris Reply with quote

the editing section on EJay works really good and easy.

lolson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Acidxpress.exe from Acidplanet

Read all about it

10 tracks to play with :)

it's free :aw

Let there be ®ock

Netjams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Acid works great

4teetoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

i use goldwave for that sort of thang. and cool edit pro v2 for more complex thangs.

HatefulMusic
Ears bleeding yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

Chris - Check out Audacity. It's free and easy.

audacity.sourceforge.net

Theo

HatefulMusic.com

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the simplest program to use to edit mp3 or wav fil Reply with quote

THEO! You said the magic words "FREE" and "EASY" hahahaha Am downloading it now - it really looks fab btw! Thank you! :nw

|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: