MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

seven spanish agents murdered in Irak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HKRockChick
No More Peas!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: I'm trying to understand Reply with quote

Why are these children taking these drugs? Why are they angry/depressed etc etc? What makes families keep these drugs at home?

How many people feel the need to take these kinds of drugs and why?

and then they have access to guns. Scary.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: That's another issue.. Reply with quote

It's not unusual for a parents to have no choice when there child is diagnosed with a non-existant illness like ADD/ADHD. Parents are often threatened with neglect charges and the possible removal of their children if they do not allow their children to be drugged.

Another topic MM will never take on.. General Motors is a suitable target as are gun makers..., he will never take on the drug manufacturers or the NIMH.., never.

sethr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: That's another issue.. Reply with quote

...non-existant illness like ADD/ADHD.

Actually, that disease does exist. It is just often misdiagnosed. More often, it is blamed when it actually isn't present.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:26 am    Post subject: Sethr... Reply with quote

There is no medical, scientific or diagnostic test that can authenticate the existance of ADD/ADHD, this disease was "voted" into existance but don't take my word on it..

From Dr. Peter Breggin.. (Please read Sethr..)

Advocates of ADHD and stimulant drugs have claimed that ADHD is associated with changes in the brain. In fact, both the NIH Consensus Development Conference (1998) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (2000) report on ADHD have confirmed that there is no known biological basis for ADHD. Any brain abnormalities in these children are almost certainly caused by prior exposure to psychiatric medication.

----------------

Children become diagnosed with ADHD when they are in conflict with the expectations or demands of parents and/or teachers. The ADHD diagnosis is simply a list of the behaviors that most commonly cause conflict or disturbance in classrooms, especi***y those that require a high degree of conformity.

Dr. Breggin Testifies Before US Congress

www.breggin.com/congress.html

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sethr... Reply with quote

I have symptoms of ADD. Because I fidget sometimes. Because I have piles of stuff on my table. Because I change the subject mid-senten I'm going to Australia next year.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sethr... Reply with quote

KISS

my favourite acronym...

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Not everyone qualifies Chris... Reply with quote

What really seems to be the deciding factor on whether or not treatment is needed is the availibility of funds to pay for this treatment.. As long as the money is there.., make plans on spending the rest of your life in therapy + any other treatment that there's enough money to pay for.. (But if you're broke, you're fine..., there's not a thing wrong with you..)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sethr... Reply with quote

Quote:
Because I change the subject mid-senten I'm going to Australia next year.

hilarious.....!

I like cats where did I put my cookie?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Not everyone qualifies Chris... Reply with quote

I hear what you're saying Gregg. The poor are mentally stable and can eat the common food whilst the rich spend a fortune on therapy and organic vegetables....

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: I don't think you do Chris.. Reply with quote

Cause I count the poor as fortunate they can't pay for MH services and I'm reminded of what a person from the Phillipines I met once said to me and that what the all the mental disorders that so many people are diagnosed with and treated for here in the USA are non-existant in his homeland while in Japan approx 98% of all students graduate from their public school system with literacy equilivency of a 4 year college grad in the USA again, without a single dose of Ritalin being prescribed to any students..

Why is that??? The the argument that mental illness in reality in non-existant does come to mind..., but I think it's clever marketing myself and the marriage of corporate greed, not to mention misplaced faith in what alledgedly is a healing science but whenever sound scientific practices are used to examine the results of psychiatric treatments, regardless of what form they are, the facts clearly show much more harm to their patients which is often irreparable, that any good..

I think that's also the reason so many psychiatists such as Dr. Peter Breggin are at the forefront of warning the public at large about the dangerous and often fraudulant practices that many people will never question..

If anyone ever tells you to seek out therapy Chris, or for some reason you feel you need it, let me suggest that you find comfort in whatever religion you were raised in..

Interesting line in this poem by Dylan that I think says it better than me.., I'm sure he's referring to the consequences of misplacing your faith.

And where do you look for this hope that yer seekin'

Where do you look for this lamp that's a-burnin'

Where do you look for this oil well gushin'

Where do you look for this candle that's glowin'

Where do you look for this hope that you know is there

And out there somewhere

And your feet can only walk down two kinds of roads

Your eyes can only look through two kinds of windows

Your nose can only smell two kinds of hallways

You can touch and twist

And turn two kinds of doorknobs

You can either go to the church of your choice

Or you can go to Brooklyn State Hospital

You'll find God in the church of your choice

You'll find Woody Guthrie in Brooklyn State Hospital

And though it's only my opinion

I may be right or wrong

You'll find them both

In the Grand Canyon

At sundown

www.absolutelyric.com/a/view/Bob_Dylan/Last_Thoughts_on_Woody_Guthrie/

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: In case I wasn't clear.. Reply with quote

www.antipsychiatry.org/unjustif.htm

From U.S. Representative Patricia Schroeder of Colorado..

"Our investigation has found that thousands of adolescents, children, and adults have been hospitalized for psychiatric treatment they didn't need; that hospitals hire bounty hunters to kidnap patients with mental health insurance; that patients are kept against their will until their insurance benefits run out; that psychiatrists are being pressured by the hospitals to increase profit; that hospitals 'infiltrate' schools by paying kickbacks to school counselors who deliver students; that bonuses are paid to hospital employees, including psychiatrists, for keeping the hospital beds filled; and that military dependents are being targeted for their generous mental health benefits. I could go on, but you get the picture" (quoted in: Lynn Payer, Disease- Mongers: How Doctors, Drug Companies, and Insurers Are Making You Feel Sick, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1992, pp. 234-235).

------

Psychiatric and psychological "diagnosis" is arbitrary and unreliable. Furthermore, the supposed experts responsible for these "diagnoses" are usually biased in favor of commitment because of their personal economic concerns or their affiliation with the psychiatric "hospital" where the "patient" is or will be confined. Psychiatric "hospitals", like all businesses, need customers. In the case of psychiatric "hospitals", they need patients. They not only want patients, they need them to stay in business. Similarly, individual psychiatrists and psychologists need patients to make money and earn a living.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't think you do Chris.. Reply with quote

Sorry Gregg - I shouldn't have made light of the subject. I guess you've hit a nerve. I tend to agree with what you say. It's shocking when you see the facts like that. Who IS Dr. Peter Breggin?

But I do also have experience of people with depression. Here in HK, we have one of the world's highest levels of suicide.

I tend to think their is an ugly side to medicine. Surely we should only pay our doctors when we are healthy - not when we are ill?

|Talk Soup |

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: I'm not sure humans were meant to live.. Reply with quote

In the modern society we have today, seems gathering fruits and following the buffalo herds is what nature really intended, but still I'll take today's modern age over the past.., but depression..., it's something we all have to deal with in our lives.. Sometimes we're supposed to be depressed, if we're not living correctly, exccessive drinking, ect.., I think in those cases depression is to be expected and a way we are being told we have to make some improvements in our lives, but I don't believe drugging people is the answer.. Throughout the centuries people from all walks of life have always turned to their respective religions during these periods in life, and until very recent history, suicide with the possible exception of Japan, where it is seen as an honorable death, has been virtually non-existant..

You know Chris.., if you have a kidney ailment and go to 10 different doctors, they're all going to be able to tell you exactly what is wrong with you via proven, scientifically grounded diagnostic tests that will pinpoint exactly what is wrong with you and the remedy for curing that ailment will be exactly the same.. But if you're feeling depressed for whatever reason and go to 10 different psychiatrists for help, all their reccommended remedys will be completely different.., they just guess.., but Im not implying at some point they won't find you "cured"..

Using "guerrilla marketing," co-opting the psychiatric profession, and even hiring clergymen, guidance counselors, and other trusted community figures as bounty hunters, these psychiatric hospitals sought to bring in paying customers to a plethora of "treatment programs." Most seemed to have one thing in common: Patients miraculously improved the day their insurance expired.

www.ftrbooks.net/psych/ect/bedlam.htm

Anyway, this topic is probably starting to get boring.., I guess I'll just let it lie for now..., but getting back to "Bowling For Columbine", you should now see there's no shortage of data that explains why that tragedy really occurred and it irks me to no end when anyone exploits these types of tragedies for personal gain.., especially when there is ample evidense for the real causes that always seem to be conviently overlooked..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm not sure humans were meant to live.. Reply with quote

Patients miraculously improved the day their insurance expired.

Very telling. Thanks Greg.

|Talk Soup |

carol lowery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: top 3 Reply with quote

seeing as how you are already at ic

soundclick.com

funender.com

ampcast.com:bmutant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: