MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

There's an interesting trend developing...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: There's an interesting trend developing... Reply with quote

with the live music scene here in Montreal....

The more popular clubs are already bursting at the seams on Saturday nights, so club owners are looking at ways to make their promo budgets even more cost-effective......

It seems that lately, they are trying to get people to come out on Saturday afternoons, when the place is normally much quieter....

We've been asked to play a gig from 4-9, Saturday Nov. 29. We'll be well paid, there will be a free buffet, a lot of paid sundry entertainers in the room, and the owner is spending a good dollar on publicity....

I'm not sure how this trend is gonna pan out, but I do admire the courageous entrepreneurial spirit...

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: There's an interesting trend developing... Reply with quote

I think that's great!! You'll be able to get a whole new audience to listen to your music - people who go out to live music on Saturday night DON'T go Saturday afternoon as well and vice-versa. What a great opportunity!! Plus afternoons are just more laid-back than night-time gigs!! Sounds brilliant to me! :banana Make sure you post the pics!!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

JPzBeenjamin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Golden Opportunity Reply with quote

Not only is this a hot idea for the clubs...Live music during the day....But on a regular basis it could allow a chance to polish up a new style in the show.....I am a firm believer in a complete shoe as anyone can jump up and down on stage....Most shows cater to the late nite partying crowd...who are typically wasted by the time they leave....Most folx don't like to be so wasted they can't move on to something else after a daytime show. :fg

ilikepie2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Opportunity Reply with quote

hey that's good news for us old guys who don't want to stay up until 3am when we play out!

Bud Bennett

homepage : freeaudioplayer.com :

clownie :

i like pie

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Opportunity Reply with quote

Hey that sounds great drooly!!.... we sometimes used to do a Sunday afternoon and then a Sunday night...... the audiences where different I must say......

Sunday afternoon was backing the strippers.. so the audience would be full of red blooded males going wild........ actually I hated them gigs....... we had to share the dressing room with the strippers.... and the dressing rooms where ever so small.......:bigeyes :eyebrow ....

And then the Sunday night would be your usual pond life :b

Hope it goes well and dont over do the buffet.... :lol

OH!!! and Bud....... ya not an old man yet!!!! :)

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL GET ME MUSIC FAP AMPCAST

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Opportunity Reply with quote

The thing that intrigues and inspires me is that these club owners are taking a risk. To make things better for themselves AND the Artists.

That's rare....

They are taking money out of their own pockets to invest in an "outside the box" idea that may not work. But it's an idea which, if well implemented, could have a huge, positive effect on the whole scene.......

I love people with that kind of vision and courage... - and I plan on sticking with them like glue... - and promoting their cause wherever I can......

ED1G
PIGGY MOONRUST

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Golden Opportunity Reply with quote

Thats great Drooly..... as you say, it is rare....

I hope it pays off...

the old saying.. you gotta speculate to accumilate! :)

let us know how it goes!!

Paul

BUSINESS AS USUAL GET ME MUSIC FAP AMPCAST

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: