MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Yet another typhoon about to hit HK, but .. this one's BIG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

but sounds scary :(

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

DUDE!! That one appears headed right at HK....you take care and get safe!!

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Yet another typhoon about to hit HK, but .. this one's BIG Reply with quote

www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/int...ic_s.shtml

Satellite imagery from the HK Weather Observatory.

The world is your oyster but the future's a clam

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

make sure Jimi is SAFE, goodison.......

make sure......

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

I'm serious......

Don't forget about Jimi......

Make SURE he's safe.......

(I know it's none of my business.....)

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

Looks really HUGE on the satellite pic! :eek :eek :eek :eek

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

Jimi's safe :banana

And I always love a good typhoon. Chuck paper airplanes out the window and watch them fly in all sort of directions, no matter how crap the airplane is :sensational

It's expected to hit us later this afternoon. A direct hit is extremely likely. :alarm

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

ok.....

That's good, Clif.....

Jimi is safe.......

You're an oyster, and Madonna is a Clam......

uh.

But where is your sister? - We miss her.....

(smiley)

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: i have a fascination for this kind of things Reply with quote

Drool - she's still on holiday but I keep her updated via phone/sms

I've mentioned your little argument in the above thread to her

goodisonpark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Typhoon Update Reply with quote

Hong Kong braces for typhoon

Authorities in Hong Kong have ordered all schools to be closed as the territory braces for a direct hit from Typhoon Dujuan, described by forecasters as the strongest storm so far this year.

The powerful typhoon has already lashed the southern tip of Taiwan, leaving a trail of debris and cutting electricity to more than 500,000 households. A college student was reportedly swept into a swollen river.

Experts say that Hong Kong could be far more affected than Taiwan, as the city lies directly in the path of the storm.

The territory's third highest storm warning - level eight - has been posted. Winds are expected in excess of 150 kph (100 mph).

Double eyed storm

Officials at the Central Weather Bureau in Taiwan said it was moving west towards Hong Kong and China at 30 kph (19 mph). It is expected to hit the city at around lunchtime.

The stock market has closed and some businesses have already sent their staff home.

Typhoon Dujuan - the Mandarin word for the azalea flower - has a double eye.

That means the high winds could prove to be much more destructive as they twist and turn between the two centres of the storm.

The BBC's Chris Hogg in Hong Kong says that although the city's skyscrapers are built to withstand such high winds, residents on the outlying islands fear they could be in for a rough ride.

In 2001, more than 200 people were killed in Taiwan after typhoon Toraji swept through the island.

It feels like it's already arrived. Whole building is shaking. Expected to directly hit in a few hour. :alarm

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Typhoon Update Reply with quote

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Typhoon Update Reply with quote

*patiently waiting for news, and hoping that everyone is ok....*

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Typhoon Update Reply with quote

GODSPEED AND HOPE YOU ARE ALL SAFE...THIS COULD BE YOUR THEME SONG TODAY...

:bcool

Edited by: Seismic Anamoly  at: 9/2/03 9:53 pm
RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another typhoon about to hit HK, but .. this one's B Reply with quote

Yeah, heard that this baby was coming to your neighborhood, BB's Bro.

For any interested folks, here's links to the current conditions from the HK observatory.

HK - current weather condition(text only)

and

HK weather observatory - MAIN

"Typhoon Dujuan has weakened into a Severe Tropical Storm. At 4 a.m., Dujuan was centred about 240 kilometres northeast of Zhanjiang and is forecast to move west at about 30 kilometres per hour across western Guangdong and weaken gradually. "

Edited by: RonOnGuitar at: 9/2/03 10:11 pm
goodisonpark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Yet another typhoon about to hit HK, but .. this one's B Reply with quote

Last night: After 5 hours of absolutely battering HK, the damn thing died out pretty fast. Still we got to signal 9, which is the second highest typhoon signal available. Just watching the news now and seeing people getting interviewed saying they thought they would have a day off ... hahahahaha. :aua

Btw, I only managed to throw out 4 paper planes ... the wind kept slamming the window shut on me. :stress

No deaths reported in HK but Shenzhen was pretty bad apprently. 20 deaths reported so far.

Edited by: goodisonpark  at: 9/3/03 4:21 am
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: