MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Briteny Spears Is a Twit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: many folks would add attractive and talented Reply with quote

Switching gears a bit. InStink is anther example of what I am referring to. They were (are) adeqaute as entertainers but did they deserve the accolades?

Chris Rock has told it like it is. MTV has sunk to it's lowest level ever. I watched his opening then switched channels.

GetMeMusic

BeSonic

SoundClick

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: MTV awards .... Reply with quote

Talking about the MTV awards, a friend of mine from America sent me this transcript of the ropers' commentary before the show ....

"A couple of hours away to Chris Rock and the VMA's."

"Johnny Cash will win big time tonight. If he does, it will be a great night for music."

"wouldn't it be a bit hypocritical if mtv gave him all their awards after they didn't even play his video?"

"I'll go even further - it's one of the greatest videos of all time - made all the more stranger because of June's death."

"christina and britney doing like a virgin."

"Madonna kissed Britney and Christina... open mouths When Madonna came out they started singing Hollywood... "

"madonna comes out as the groom. open mouth kisses britney....cut to a bewildered timberlake."

"Madonna might want to start lip-synching like the rest."

"Oh, come on. You, me, and everyone else knows she's there to push the single."

"Well, worst show ever. Definitely. And that's saying A LOT.

I think the Madonna/Britney/Christina thing was at least semi-interesting, if predictable. Literally as we were watching it a friend said "This is so predictable, I bet they're going to kiss." And sure enough...."

"Wow, Chris. Real classy. OK, Venus and Serena Williams. Here's where *I* wanna see the open-mouthed lesbian kiss. Yeah, that's right. Bring out the Olsen Twins here, too. Yeah. If we're going to get deviant, let's do it right."

" (Chris Rock) intro'd Venus & Serena...'Beat the crap out of more white girls than Rick James' "

"johnny cash just lost to coldplay for best direction"

"johnny cash wins his first: best cinematography "

"JT over Johnny Cash? F**K! "

"I think it is really cheesy how every single presenter mentions the date their new album is coming out...."

"No, Chris, we're not having fun yet. Hey, some gay guys. That'll help. Tasteful. Oh, what's Jimmy Fallon doing there? I thought we got rid of him after last year. Well, at least he came out."

"Jimmy Fallon's getting a queer tune-up...Precious."

"I'm just wondering, out of all the so-called musicians tonight at the awards show, how many of them actually wrote the songs they performed?

Makes me miss the VMA's from ca. 86/87-93/94. I still think the best music/TV event in recent memory was either Live-Aid or The Freddy Mercury Tribute Concert.

I think tonight could either signify the death of the current music industry or beginning of a re-birth of real musicians becoming stars again. Sometimes I wonder if the likes of Hendrix or Joplin could survive in the modern music climate? I doubt it, and that is what is wrong. "

"Chris Rock: "Good Charlotte..How about mediocre Green Day....."

"Ok how pathetic and derivative can any band be... that little trashing your kit at the end of that CRAPPY song "

"Good Charlotte were better as Gene Loves Jezebel "

"There you go, whiners. Your precious Coldplay got a stupid statue. Yodelling Zeke managed to embody the falsely humble stuttering Brit stereotype to a tee. Brav-O, good chap!"

"How many times are they going to let him say "motherfuckin"?"

"LINKIN PARK! Lord please, no more of this same sounding rock @#%$!"

"That was the category title, Gene...'Same sounding Rock @#%$'"

"duran duran, kelly o and avril........trainwreck. what the hell is going on?"

"Jeez...Nothin' changes...20 years later and squeakers are still getting out the kneepads for Duran, I feel old ...Good on them for the Lifetime though, they were heavy rotation before the term was invented."

"...Awarding the Heavy Metal award to Metallica.

That's the final sign of irretrievable crisis.

OK, who did JT blow to get all the camera time? Where's Chris Rock?

Coldplay's on, get out yer hankies..."

"@#%$! He just shared the stage with Duran Duran, then calls ColdPlay the best band in the world. Not to mention a few weeks ago a real candidate for best band in the world (Stones, ed.) saved him from being pelted with rocks and garbage!" (Toronto SARS Party, ed.)

"And the crowd goes crazy for another lip synced "performance"(Beyonce). Where's the Justin reaction shot?! And why is he winning all the awards when his album is #49 this week?! "

"Am I wrong, or is Good Charlotte are the product of Rancid assraping New Kids on the Block at some point in 1989?"

"what was up with the metallica cover band thing? "

"Metallica's tribute to Stars on 45 really moved me."

"Coldplay is the new Air Supply. They make Travis look like Motorhead.."

"Someone please press the reset button on this mother @#%$."

"All I can say after reading this is that I'm glad I had better @#%$ to do. "

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: MTV awards .... Reply with quote

OK, phil....ok, a bit more serious....

OK, Britney may be an airhead, but , at the moment, it's looks that sell records...

...and Britney has the look.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music and CDs on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

ATomMoo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: MTV awards .... Reply with quote

It's not whether anyone is good, or smart, or has tallent............or IS AN AIRHEAD!. It's what the big 5 decide is best for the public to listen to.

Nothing more, nothing less.

They are making all the decisions, and if kids keep buying this crap, well, that's all we're going to hear.

Tom

Move on!

ATom2

New Days of Aahh CD available!!!

14 tracks with 60 minutes of my best stuff.

questionnaire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Airheads and the Big 5 .... Reply with quote

"It's not whether anyone is good, or smart, or has tallent............or IS AN AIRHEAD!. It's what the big 5 decide is best for the public to listen to.

Nothing more, nothing less.

They are making all the decisions, and if kids keep buying this crap, well, that's all we're going to hear.

Tom"

That's true, but there's an elective affinity between Airheads and the Big 5 (sounds like a good name for a post-punk band :wgrin ). The Big 5 don't want bright, independent people with their own material - they might read their contracts, wear the clothes they like and argue with the 'producers' in the studio. They've learned their lesson: they don't want smart schemers like Bowie or Madonna because they end up managing themselves. Generally speaking, airheads are easier to exploit.

Steve H

ATomMoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Airheads and the Big 5 .... Reply with quote

Quote:
That's true, but there's an elective affinity between Airheads and the Big 5 (sounds like a good name for a post-punk band ). The Big 5 don't want bright, independent people with their own material - they might read their contracts, wear the clothes they like and argue with the 'producers' in the studio. They've learned their lesson: they don't want smart schemers like Bowie or Madonna because they end up managing themselves. Generally speaking, airheads are easier to exploit.

Hey, I like that thinking!:yo

ATom2

New Days of Aahh CD available!!!

14 tracks with 60 minutes of my best stuff.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Briteny Spears Is a Twit Reply with quote

Madonna kissed Britney?!?!? Anyone got a link???

In response to Phil - I've not read/seen any of her interviews so couldn't comment on her intelligence. I actually like some of her songs but I'm never going to buy an album hahahaha I also like the fact she LOOKS like a woman - not a stick insect. But some of her song subjects ARE silly. hahahaha :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: