MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

this is absurd, sgae managed to increase cd prices by 50%

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: this is absurd, sgae managed to increase cd prices by 50% Reply with quote

sgae is the performances rights organization in spain, i was about to enroll as an affiliate not long ago, but then i discovered this people is really freak and only concerned about the money. Last thing is that without a warning, all CDRs, yes CDRs will increase 50% of the price from now on to cover authors right, but i mean, all cdrs even the ones you use to record your stuff at your home, or save your securitie copies, or save your pics, and then you're giving away money to a PRIVATE company in rights? even if you're using a cd for your pc utilities? or what happens if you're using to record your samples and demos that are not affiliate to sgae, you're paying 50% percent to the MEMBERS OR SGAE, for recording your stuff into a virgin cd?

this has happened in spain today, and IT SUCKS COMPLETELY

DAMN THIEVES

Pris

mp3.com/priscilla_hernandez

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: hm Reply with quote

already applied to the prices

lots of protests cos sgae is a private company of private members and they're going to receive rights for cds that are not inflinging the rights of their members, actually in spain they're famous cos of they're eagles rounding rabbits ya know what i mean

money money money

but i i use a cdr to save my wavs and such, i don't have to pay rights to them

grr

sigh

that's it

:/

anyway, cdrs are twice the price it used to be last week for me now on

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: this is absurd, sgae managed to increase cd prices by 50 Reply with quote

Wow that is a big price jump, Pris!

I've never thought about it much - but does BMI, ASCAP or SESAC have international affiliates you could sign with or is General de Autores y Editores the only real choice there?

Ron

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

the official to register your intelectual property is intellectual property, then to receive rights you can or cannot subscribe to sgae, you cannot affiliate to bmi or ascap if you want to join sgae, and int's the only spanish one, what i'm considering is if bmi and ascap allows affiliates from spain, and not sign anything with the sgae one cos so far i know it's the indie music the one paying for their own stuff rather than perceiving rights at all

RonOnGuitar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

I'm not sure if BMI, ASCAP, etc. handle performance rights internationally, Pris, but I think the nearest BMI office to you is at:

Broadcast Music Inc., London

84 Harley House

Marylebone Road

London NW1 5HN

England

011-44-171-486-2036

Fax: 011-44-171-224-1046

E-Mail: London@bmi.com

maybe you could email them if you have questions. That contact info is from this page at the BMI site:Handbook

La misma página traducida a español

Ron

yidneth
A Spanish Fairytale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

thanks i will have to check it

i'm delaying as much as possible the registering on sgae, i'm not perceiving artist rights, cos i'm not at sgae but i have all my sutff legally registered in the intellectual property which actually is the official register in spain. sgae is private and the only choice for spanish musicians, but among the musicians they're flamed cos of being only behind the money

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: