MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

I guess it's time for me to take a closer look at GetMeMusic....

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Here are Getmemusic's newest bands and artists.....

Dalia

Beautiful acoustic songs!

Krackablox

If you like early David Bowie, then you're in for a treat.

Monkeymind

Fat Boy Slim meets The Prodigy!

and...

Left Hand Path

The weirdest electronica to come out of Brighton!

COMING SOON TO GETMEMUSIC....

If 6 Was 9

Brilliant classic rock music!

Ray Wilkins

Beautiful pop music.

Looks like the big rush to GMM has started....

:gl

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Sell your music and CDs on Getmemusic.com

Getmemusic.com Messageboard

Edited by: Mikeyj69  at: 8/27/03 6:05 am
Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Very nice choices, Phil.

Top notch talent.

:yo

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Mikey....

Are you vetting your submissions for quality?

Or will you allow anything at all to be hosted at Getmemusic?

For instance, if I submit an mp3 of my cats copulating, is that ok?

Are there any clear criteria?

I'm not being facetious, really - I just want to know......

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

I would love to see Robbay, Steve Iannetti, The Wailing Hobos, Bob Gatewood, STIK, Patti Sterling and Jennifer LeBlanc on GMM for starters.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

Edited by: Phil Frazier  at: 8/26/03 4:31 am
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Drooly! Lets hear the mp3 of your cats then!!

MIKEY J! You are turning into a great promoter! Wait - I mean you ARE a great promoter!! :sensational

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

I'm glad you asked that, Drooly because quality control is very important.

When I first turned Getmemusic into it's own music distributer, last year, I didn't want it to fill up with a load of cr#p music, like mp3.com became.

The net is full of desperados, bedroom electronic bands and losers....I have no time for them.

So, I introduced the subscription system, where artists pay £4.99 (around $7.00) a month or £50.00 a year to be on the site.

For this, artists get:

1) An online portfolio page (artist page), complete with songs, pics, biography, CD purchase page, etc.

2) Artists can sell their existing CDs through our shopping cart system (a bit like CD Baby) and get 100% of the sales price. (We don't take any commission because artists pay their subscription for that privilege.)

3) If an artist doesn't have a CD for sale, we design, manufacturer and release a CD for them on the site, with pro printing and proper CD Audio..NOT mp3 files!

Artists get £2.00 for every CD sale.

4) We arrange gigs for local Getmemusic bands in our area. (Pity we can't do this on a worldwide scale)

We also list GMM artists gigs in our Gigs And Events section.

5) REAL WORLD PROMOTION!!! (Yes, you heard right!)

Artists get promo in the real world like for example our Juke Box Jury events, some of our artists have had real radio play through our partnership with local radio stations and there's extra promo through special deals with our Partner Sites.

BTW...We don't only sell CDs online....we've sold some CDs through our events too.

There are more services, but I don't want this post to drag on too long.

Oh BTW.....There's no log-ins, no file uploads....nothing.....because WE do all the work for you, leaving you more time to get on with making music or gigging.

We update the Portfolios and upload songs, etc at your request.

Sorry if I made this post look like a sales pitch, but I figured that I may as well give all the details so that you know what GMM is all about.

ANYWAY.....

My point for the above BLURB is that the subscription system attracts the quality artists.

Bedroom bands that produce @#%$ music would never pay a subscription , but serious musicians would.

As far as vetting is concerned, I've never needed to because, like I said, the subscription system has attracted top notch talent.

Although, saying that, maybe there should be a blurb on the site that states that ONLY quality recordings will be accepted.

This week, I will be redesigning the artist signup area to make it more user friendly and to add more new features etc....so I will add a few paragrahs about quality control etc.

IN CONCLUSION:

I am a strong believer that a site containing only the best quality music will outshine (and out-survive) the rest.

There's loads of top notch music on the site now, although I'm very careful about the music I actually feature on the front page.....after all, THAT'S the main shop window of the site.

And Drooly....

I think your copulating cats would go down very well at mp3.com. lol.

THE END...FOR NOW....

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

And Chris....

.....you are such a sweetheart! xxxx

:ily

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

OH, BTW....

We're very heavily involved with CHARITIES too.

We were chosen as the main distributor for the latest Children In Need CD, plus we're also in talks with a few other charities that we wish to be affiliated with.

Once affiliated, we wil also be releasing Charity Compilation CDs.....where all proceeds go to the charities involved.

Of course, this means that artists have to DONATE tracks and will not receive any royalties, but, because they'll be charity CDs they will sell VERY well.

And because they will sell very well, this amounts to a massive exposure opportunity.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

BTW AGAIN....

Just by visiting our Messageboards, you'll be able to learn more about our future projects.

And , like I sad before...this isnt a sales pitch....I'm simply trying to prove how GMM is different to those other (cough!) music sites.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Well, now, - let me see if I understand this....:

For around $7 per month, you will host an mp3 of my cats copulating.

AND - you will help to promote a CD of that in the 3D world...

Am I correct?

Hey - don't get me wrong - it might be a good idea....:)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Chris - you crack me up.......

Will you buy my "Cats" CD from Getmemusic???.........

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

hahahaha!

Depends if there is a market for a copulating cat CD.

No, like I said, I will be implementing a quality control clause.

It will clearly be stated that songs that are of substandard quality will not be accepted.

Not that I've ever HAD to accept a substandard song, because I haven't. lol

But, seriously...I wouldn't want to manufacture CDs that contained poor quality songs....it would be a big mistake.

For example, if I bought a CD from a website and found that the songs were awful, I'd NEVER buy a CD from that site again.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that, if the product is excellent quality, then it will always result in repeat business.

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

So.

Does this mean you won't accept substandard music?

If so - how will you define "substandard"

How DARE you imply that my cats copulate substandardly.....!!!!

Mikeyj69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Getmemusic.com's latest artists and bands.... Reply with quote

Substandard as in poorly recorded.....hissing....clicking of tape decks at the end of songs, etc.

Of course, the songs don't have to be pro studio recorded material....home recorded is ok as long as it is produced well.

Oh, and I never said that your cats copulated substandardly....

.....It all depends on the quality of the sound recording made at the time of feline copulation.

:laugh

Mikey J

Getmemusic.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: