MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Mariah Carey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Mariah Carey Reply with quote

This post is not about her singing,her songs or her looks. I am not a fan of her music. She does look damn good in the latest videos but that is not my point here.

This post is about the situation that she got in and how she dealt with it.

Most of you probably know that she got fired from her label. The reason given in public at least, was that she was no longer viable in her sales. Her movie "Glitter" bombed big and her CD sales were slipping.

She waited things out and several other labels made bids on her and she signed with one of those.

What's my point? OK I know that most of you hate it when I want you to guess what my point is, so I will spell it out.

I may be incorrect but I think that she had a few million dollars that she could afford to invest into her own career instead of waiting for another label to invest in her. If my guess about that is correct I am wondering why she just didn't hire her own producer, make a new CD, create a label and put that on the Net?

Seems that she could have hired promo people to advertise the new CD on and off the Net to sell her new CD. If successful, she could have made a Hell of a lot more money by doing that than by going with a label.

Your thoughts about this?

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Mariah Carey Reply with quote

That's easy! WHy use your own money when you can use OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY?? hahahahaha :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Mariah Carey Reply with quote

It's not quite that simple. When one uses other people's money, especially if it's a label there is a great loss of control, artisticaly and promo. Also, there is the tour pressure and promo juants. When one goes with a label the percentage on CD sales is quite low.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: