MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Do I sound like I am Black?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

"It Takes More" (Pop/R&B)

Another classic song from 1978, featuring the legendary Joe Satriani on lead guitar.

Credits: Vocals: Phil Frazier. Lead guitar: Joe Satriani.

CD: Cruisin' The Strip

*At one time this song was on a vinyl single. Black people thought I was a black singer. My photo was not on the sleeve and my Mgr. got these comments from a retail record store owner and a few of his staff who were a black guys.

"I Still Love You"

*Someone said I sound like Lou Rawls, a famous black singer on this song.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

"I Don't Know" reminds me of driving down Cahuenga Blvd. in the '80s, goin' up to the Rive Gauche to drink and pick up women. This has a real L.A. urban feel to it. That slick, classy bar room sound. You sound black, too, and that works for this melody and arrangement." FrankCotolo

"I Don't Know" #1 last week.#3 this week @GetMeMusic.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

YES!! You do sound black on this track!! hahahahahaha How did you do it?? :sensational

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Steve Iannetti
GweiLo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

Yep, you sound black.

Maybe you are an Octoroon...:lol

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

I have been in several Blues bands as bass player vocalist or Vocalist/Bass Player. I have listened to hundreds of Blues songs, so maybe that music soaked in my grey cells.

A singer who's Blues band I was in as Vocalist/Bass Player, had made a live tape of a gig. One of the songs, "Rock Me Baby" was on the tape because I opened the shows for her with one set. She had sent that tape of a three songs with her singing to a Black Booking Agent in Chicago. "Rock Me Baby" was also on the tape . He thought I was a black singer. :yeah

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

I envy you! I want to sound black too! :aw

|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

I have never tried to sound like a Black Blues singer. I just sing a song and whatever my voice does is what people hear. :dunno

Some people have said that I sound a Country singer, too. As long as people like my songs and can tolerate my singing I am fine with that. :bleh

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

tolerate? it's not that bad! :bleh

|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I sound like I am Black? Reply with quote

Whether one likes certain vocals is really a personal taste matter. I have found that some people like my singing and others cannot stand it. :eek

I try real hard not to take that personally. I understand that I cannot please everybody and try to please myself first but actually rarely do so. Lately I have found that some of my singing is flat. I hadn't noticed that too much before but people have pointed that out and now I am more aware of it than ever. :eek

Some of that can be attributed to not having a producer with sharp ears that made me correct the pitch when it was lacking. When I don't have anyone producing I often don't hear the mistakes. I feel that I am capable of singing on pitch but at times just fall short of that not realizing it. With some songs one doesn't need to be perfect and others require it. That is a problem when one produces oneself &/or has others present that either don't hear the falacies or do hear them but don't say anything about them.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

BeSonic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: