MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :))
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Looks like the picture taking and the beer consumption were progressing at about the same rate, judging from the focus!! :lol

Killer pics, Mike....looks like a GREAT time!!

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Hehehehehehe :)

I SWEAR I had only two "BItburger Pils" :lol :aua

The problem with the (cheaper) digi-cams is,

that you hardly get any focus at all when taking

pictures without flash. But only without you get

the "athmosphere"... with flash it's always "hard"

(dunno' how to describe it with my lousy english) :) )))

It's much easier to take decent shots with a "real" camera,

flashless and with manual focus then :)

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

They're great shots, bro...Sebastian looks like he's REALLY working hard for that free beer!! :thumb :D

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Besides the pictures... they really do play well live and even can give some of their studio recordings a fresh and impressive sound.

I especially liked their live version of "Turning Of The Sheets" :) )

KristinaBode

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

great pics mike

i am waiting for a live video

GEMINI

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

They played in THE club in our area.

That's where you really have to work hard to get your beer for free and to convince the people! :lol

I had my Fuji digital-cam with me, the quality is not as good as with my old fashioned Canon-Camera, but I think you'll get the "picture" :) )

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Mike, I've always thought your pictures were great quality, and I'm intrigued by your suggestion to use 35mm without flash...

I have a good digital..(Kodak DX3900 - 3.1 megapixel) - but I think I'll get a 35mm SLR for use in those low-light settings. I have a little bit of experience with them..

I think you mentioned using 400 ASA film..I'm just concerned that with no flash, I'd have to set the shutter speed so slow, I'd get too much blur...

Yj2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

we had a great time! Cool that Mike showed up and took these great pics!

We had so much fun. Especially before the show started. We went to an Turkish restaurant and that was unbef......lieviable. The guy who did the service for us had his first day in that restaurant. After we had our starters we had to wait 45 minutes for our meal. But the guy didn't understand exactly what we'd ordered. So in the end we had either more or the wrong meals. And as we asked for the bill, we found out that the guy wasn't able to get the right prices.

Belonging to his bill we would have to pay 31400 EURO!!!:toc At least we payed 85 Euro.

These six people were involved:

Silke "I think we should go now" Thomas.

Her sister Heidi "Uuh, that's delicious" Thomas.

Mike "The bakery's closed. I have to eat my Döner Kebab without bread" Pomp.

Harald "No I didn't ordered #35" Gritschke.

Mike "What the hell is this? I thought I ordered #35" Burn.

And me - Sebastian "Did I ordered #35 twice" Teufel.

:aua :aua :aua

Sebastian

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Great pics Mike - they bring across a feel of the gig.

So Yellow Jumps Twice wear BLACK on stage - cool! You all look so menacing! :bigeyes

The meal sounded hysterical!!! hahahahahahahaha :banana

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Yj2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Yeah Chris, you're right! The meal was the disaster of the year!

:) :) :)

When you and all the other Interconnected people are in Frankfurt, we will play a special gig, 'cause you're here. It will be on Saturday, 8/9/03 at 18:00h. It's open air and it's for free!!!

:yeah :banana

Sebastian

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

:D Whatever you have ordered... as long as you said the magic word "Uludag" you waited 1 hour less :lol :lol :lol

.....and whatever you have ordered... you got the #35 :lol :lol

Initially I asked for a special fish meal... it was explicitely written on the menu, that only on fridays, monday and tuesday fish is available... so it was friday... I ordered fish... the waiter said: "Sorry, no fish today" :aua

Well..... bring the #36 I said then...... he went away... returned after 40 minutes (!!!) telling me "the bakery is already closed... no bread today..."... Delta Pomp realized at this time, that he ordered Döner, which is usually a meal consisting of a lot of bread as the basis... he scratched his head... I asked "what IS available then?" (reminder.. a restaurant with at least 60 seats)... answer... "uhm.... #35?".... I said bring me any number... as long as you bring something..... after 1 1/2 hours the guy returned and asked... who has 35? Who has 34? Who has 33?

:aua :aua looked all the same... tasted the same.. looked all like 35!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

ULUDAG! And then the horrific bill! Lateron the boss of the Restaurant came with his Mercedes... it turned out that I knew the guy from his time, when he had a little Burger-Shop in a smaller town... I welcomed him with the words: "You know, that you just came at the right time to avoid a massacre here????? :lol ...and reported a bout the joke calling himself a waiter... he said ...."uggghhhhh", he's from Afghanistan and had his first working day. Was all well????" I answered that the guy should better go searching mines on the main minefield in Afghanistan, this job may be more secure than presenting 30,000 EURO bills and a 3 hours waiting time for two burgers in Germany :lol ....well.... positive as I am, I requested then the whole bill again from the boss, hoping he will get it managed... it turned out to be the biggest problem, that he didn't believe we all had the #35 then! :lol the dishes looked all different, but as a matter of fact nobody of us knew what each one was eating actually! :lol :lol I vowed then for a compromise... "let's say we all had the "#17.25"... "and hurry up before this restaurant is dying a slow flame death! :lol :aua :aua

ULUDAG!

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I saw "Yellow Jumps Twice" yesterday live :)) Reply with quote

Quote:
....but as a matter of fact nobody of us knew what each one was eating actually! I vowed then for a compromise... "let's say we all had the "#17.25".....

:aua :rollin :aua

I heard there were quite a few Cats and Dogs missing around that neighborhood!! :aua

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: