MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Engelbert Humperdink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Engelbert Humperdink Reply with quote

What a name, eh? No I am not trying to be the next Engelbert. If a bunch of women buy thousands of my new CD from Virtual I won't complain, though. :bleh

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Didja know Reply with quote

Engelbert's of mixed brit-indian descent like moi? Born in India..

So is Cliff Richards but that's a well kept secret. He looks exactly like some of the lads I've seen grow up in my community hehe.

And Freddie Mercury was an Indian (Parsi) born Farookh Balsara (in Africa but moved to Bombay when he was 1), and lived in India for about 17 years before moving to the uk.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Didja know Reply with quote

I didn't know but that is interesting. I get the sense that many people from India are real musical. :fade Of course, out of millions that makes sense, eh?

I met a Siek a few years ago. He told me that it was real hard for him to like American music. I have a theory about that.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: hmmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

actually, I find Indian pop music rather predictable and tedious WITH the exception of the percussion. I love the tabla and mridangam (the congo like drums). They have to be tuned for each song, so the notes are exact. For my song, Mother are you scared, the guy who played the tabla spent a while getting those notes just so. I'm working towards a fusion of western and indian sounds with my voice. But so far havent found many artists interested in pursuing the topic in Hong Kong. Ugh.

Classical indian music (such as Carnatic music) is anything but predictable. These are lessons in scatting! heh.

The majority of folks in india love Indian film music. Personally I cannot take the female vocal style which is nasal and high pitched and drives me crazy.

The only indian movie I really enjoyed was Lagaan. Some fantastic music there, very well produced.

The large Indians middle class love to be entertained, so if you break that market there's a ton to be made. Unfortunately that market means selling my soul... One guy offered to promote me if I started doing filmy music in Hindi. I tried it, curdled my blood a bit and gave it up as a bad joke. hehehehehehe

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Mel Brooks Reply with quote

Yes, that name Engelbert Humperdinck...

corny as hell. my god.

Did you watch History of the World, where Mel Brooks makes fun of the name ... hump or die.. hump or die... hahahaha

I like Mel Brooks :D

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mel Brooks Reply with quote

:lol

"High Anxiety" is one of my all-time favorites he did...

"May The Schwartz Be With You...."

:D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: