MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate to burst your bubble Drooly, but... Reply with quote

Yep - That's Hollywood reality, Larree....

But I beg to inform you.. - Hollywood is not the real world, nor the center of the Universe.....

(insert smiley here...)

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: You are an ignorant fool. Reply with quote

Really. Sheesh...

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Ah! You're Canadian! Reply with quote

Dude. Hollywood is just as real as any other city on the forking map. You are totally cluless about how the entertainment industry works.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ah! You're Canadian! Reply with quote

The age factor is not releavant with Americana which is the genre' the Hobos are in. While I seriously doubt that a Major label would be interested, there might be a few Independent Labels interested. Go to a search engine and type in Americana.

One didn't need to sign up with 1Sound to shop the band. Most of the Indepenent labels that have Americana Artists would listen to a CD if contacted and asked to submit one. One doesn't really need an Attorney or Mgr. to do that much. I am not speculating. I know. I have had 14 Major Labels and 8 Independent Labels listen to CDs of other Artists than myself.

I loath to shop my own material so I haven't done so. I am not seeking a label deal. I am seeking "known" Artists to cover my songs.

My objection is to the Terms of the 1Sound Contract. Yes, if Drooly signed up online that is legaly binding.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program. Reply with quote

Hmm very interesting thread. If someone has a dream, they don't want their dreams being shot down. I would love to hear good news for you Drooly.

Just make sure your band is in 100% full agreement of what each member wants from a deal. If the possibility of a deal occurs, you may find everyone wants something different.

Many a deal has been lost due to one or two members promoting the band with all love and passion to find out that the other members aren't serious. And many more deals have been lost when suddenly one band member wants a larger % of the deal cause they wrote the 'hooks' etc. It's best if your band members and you have a written agreement between each other, which I'm sure you have. Good luck!

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program. Reply with quote

Yes a partnership aggreement within a band in a real good idea. I know a more than one band that broke up when it seemed that they were actually getting signed and huge differences all of a sudden emerged.

The 1Sound Contract is just plain bad. Even others who are now starting to read it, see that.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program. Reply with quote

Good points.

We do have a clear and complete written agreement, signed by all the band members.

We also have regular serious discussions as business details evolve.

I've been in many bands, and this one has the most harmony among members that I've ever been in.

And in all honesty, if a deal came along through 1sound's efforts, it's quite possible we wouldn't accept it.

We have other irons in the fire....

Edited by: droolymutt at: 5/26/03 11:34:44 am
Princess One Who Knows

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program. Reply with quote

Well, the stupidity of *some people* (larree and phil) never ceases to amaze me!

No, drooly has NOT signed a contract...There are no contracts unless an offer is made from a label, THEN the ARTIST decides whether to take it or not. Normally Iwouldnt bother answering about 1sound, but slagging them on invalid points is pretty damn nervy.

People shouldnt post about things they dont understand.

Gosh,the discoveries one makes late at night...heh

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I just signed the Hobos to 1Sound's Label Entry program. Reply with quote

yowsers.

good thing this board is not too busy, huh?

whew.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: