MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!! Reply with quote

Leah says that this is not a Contract. Yes it says Agreement. An Agreement is the same as a Contact.

www.1sound.com/label/contract.php

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Princess One Who Knows

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!! Reply with quote

I repeat,and you know this Phil:

There is no contract unless an offer is made from a label, THEN the ARTIST decides whether to take it or not. Normally I wouldnt bother answering about 1sound, but slagging them on invalid points is pretty damn nervy.

People shouldnt post like they are knowledgeable about things they dont understand.

Other people should quit trying to purposely twist things, while in the same breath offering their own service.

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!! Reply with quote

It's a Contract. It has terms. An Artist is required to agree to those terms. It lasts for 12 months.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Princess One Who Knows

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!! Reply with quote

No Phil.

There is NO contract unless there is an offer from a label, and the artist makes the decision to either accept the offer and sign, or reject and not. In other words, you are agreeing to agree to something IF you DECIDE to agree with it should the time come when you are offered a choice to do so.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: You Decide.Somebody is CRAZY!!! Reply with quote

It's non-exclusive yes but it's still a legal agreement between two parties. Princess, I think Phil is just referring to that. I deal with contracts all the time and I would call this a contract too. He doesn't mean it's a 'recording contract'.

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: I'd say its a contract... Reply with quote

I also noted that if they DONT sign with a record company approached by 1Sound, they then cannot sigh with that company even 12 months (or 6??) after the contract expired??? or something to that effect. I read the contract a few days ago so my memories a bit rusty.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I'd say its a contract... Reply with quote

I thought that was a clever thing for 1sound to do :aua

Of course if it's not a contract then it means nothing, right? *gentle teasing*

|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Jane Eliz|
|Talk Soup |

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I'd say its a contract... Reply with quote

Obviously it's a Contract or noone would be required to agree with the terms of it. If a label makes an offer and the Artist rejects it then said Artist cannot make any deal with that label for a period of 12 months. That is what the "Contract" says. It also says a whole lot more.

The sad thing about this is that a vast majority of Artists on 1Sound either don't care about this or haven't read it. If we that have actually read it were a bit confused at 1st reading then the Contract must be poorly written. A Contract for Indie Artists should be written so novices understand it. How many Indie Artists can afford to pay an Attorney anywhere from $200 to $500 to interpret this Contract?

I feel that it is a screw job. No Shopping Agent that I have heard of requires both a commission on the advance, plus a cut of the royalties. If one were to think about the actual possible money amount involved it could be a staggering amount. Advances and royalties DO comeout of the Artist's pocket, just not directly. Also, these Contract terms don't even include the cost of an Attorney to negotiate an offfer.

It's definetly The Twilight Zone.

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I'd say its a contract... Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course if it's not a contract then it means nothing, right? *gentle teasing*

hahaha.... - Chris - ya slay me sometimes........

I'll see you in court.!!!!......

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I'd say its a contract... Reply with quote

Yes we shall see you in court because you are the Court Jester. In the days of Kings in the UK there was a Court Jester or fool. The Jester had to be clever and amusing. Unfortunately the ones we have these days are neither clever or amusing merely, foolish. :t

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Hey, Phil.... Reply with quote

Just surfed over to your GetMeMusic and ArtistLaunch sites....you embarassed to put my name on the comment I made about your tune "Is It You"? You got it down as being from ElekTrik Citty, my BBS...:D

Just Wonderin'....

And So It Goes....;)

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, Phil.... Reply with quote

Of course I am not. About GetMeMusic: The person runnin' the site picked the commentary and uploaded the songs. About ArtistLaunch: I change around the commentary. Yours was there before. It will be there again. :D

You notice that on ArtistLaunch I have a link to the GOM Interview. :merci I know how much you love the French these days. :t

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, Phil.... Reply with quote

Quote:
I know how much you love the French these days.

I eat their Fries almost every day...:lol

:yeah

Phil Frazier

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey, Phil.... Reply with quote

Ya mean those Freedom fries? :nana

GetMeMusic

Artistlaunch

1Sound

IntoMusic.co.uk

Sound Click

BeSonic

Seismic Anamoly

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey, Phil.... Reply with quote

Nope...already got Freedom...:yeah

Strictly French...:merci

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: