MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Wheeeeeeeeee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

My new mike and voice processor got delivered yesterday, I spent the evening connecting it up to my computer and testing it out, even did a quick demo recording... quite a big difference in sound. I can't wait to try it out at rehearsal tomorrow!

And I'm pretty sure the SM57 is at the post office, I just got a notice to go and pick up something!

Brilliant. Have a great day all!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

SM57 is a great all-round mic, sleepy... - good value, solid as a rock. Great for gigging and fine for demos.

When you get into the studio, ready to lay the keeper tracks, they will have the large-diaphragm Nuemanns ready for ya...

(dialing radio tuner in Montreal, looking for Debbie's voice... - avoiding political talk shows..... )

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Neumann Reply with quote

LOL!

Mornin Drooly!

I actually did a recording at the Cable TV studios (there's a mandarin song on my site...) for a children's tv show. They had a fab system. I'm willing to bet the mike was a Neumann although I didnt bother to check behind the pop filter! And that was the only professional sound engineer I've had on any of my stuff. The Mandarin recording on my site is in the pre-mastered stage.

Well, hopefully in the next few months we'll get some new tunes out, professionally mixed and mastered.

Have a great day! I shall tell you how it all sounds live :)

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Neumann Reply with quote

are you gonna put the Cable TV recording on the web?

as far as production goes, Mike seems to do some fine work, as I'm sure you know...

My goal for our next cd is to go for totally top notch production - the last one was done on a restricted budget. The "real" studios can really get the right sounds out, if they have talented Ears....

so! How about them Republicans?!?!?

lol... - later..

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: them republicans, eh? Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahaha!

i aint bitin'

btw, the song is on my java page - its a duet. It didn't get aired cause no one could understand what the guy was saying in mandarin and he went off key on some harmonies :( but he was the TV host and didn't want to redo it. gah. Still I have a song in Mandarin and I cant understand a word I sang. However, Mandarin speakers tell me they can understand me better'rn him wot wrote it. hahahahahahahahaha. If you can pronounce it, you can sing it, is my credo.

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: them republicans, eh? Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahaha!

I aint bitin' hahahahahahahaha.

btw, the song is on my java page - its a duet. It didn't get aired cause no one could understand what the guy was saying in mandarin and he went off key on some harmonies :( but he was the TV host and didn't want to redo it. gah. Still I have a song in Mandarin and I cant understand a word I sang. However, Mandarin speakers tell me they can understand me better'rn him wot wrote it. hahahahahahahahaha. If you can pronounce it, you can jolly well sing it.

Yes, a guy with a good ear can make a HEAP of difference. Whats a moderate budget like in Canada? It HK its abominable. thieves.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: them republicans, eh? Reply with quote

Full production - 14 songs, from concept to reception of 500 copies, including:

Recording, mixing, mastering, ADAT to pro-tools transfer, equipment rentals, rehearsal studio, mastering, photography, graphic Artist, printer, bar code, pressing, gasoline, cookies, guitar strings, beer, coffee, valium and psychologist...

app: $14,000 Canadian.

plus 50% of publishing to the Studio towards studio time.

I wish we had a better mix.

Determined to get it next time.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: them republicans, eh? Reply with quote

btw, Deb-Pea....

did you welcome Chris back yet?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Wheeeeeeeeee Reply with quote

Hey Debbie - what mic & voice processor did you get? I'll give you a phone call later - still sorting my house & photos out here - hahahahaha been up since 6am !

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: My gear Reply with quote

Shure Beta 87A (condenser) and a Presonus VXP for the phantom power. It also has an equaliser and some all other stuff which I havent figured out how to use yet.

Shall see how the new mike performs tomorrow!

xx

d

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My gear Reply with quote

Wow....

didja hear THAT?!?!?

ok, Mike, now I'm Impressed......

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: My gear Reply with quote

Debbie is playing a gig today! I'm going on a friend's birthday party on a junk. Not the perfect weather either...... grrrrrr

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Yeah :) Reply with quote

I used the 87A for rehearsals on wednesday. My God. what a WORLD of difference to the pick up on base notes, and overall pickup and clarity. Wheeeeeeeee.

My SM57 has not arrived yet. That was something else in the post. How very annoying. anyway, have a great sunday all.

Chris, the weather is showing signs of improving. I hope it does and we dont get rained out again! Have a great one :)

x

d

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah :) Reply with quote

DEBBIE! How was your gig? The debut gig of ahem I have forgotten the name of your band........

|

debbie mannas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: the gig Reply with quote

was fantastic. We had a largeish crowd who seemed pretty interested in the proceedings... they even yelled for more :) hahahahahaha and we had small kids in front dancing and wanting to get on stage. One even crawled up and spilled my half glass of beer, so that was that with the beer! I do believe we are giving DB kids a grounding in rock hahahahahahaha.

My new mike performed verrrrrrry well indeedy. I'm ever so pleased :)

Then we basically hung out and changed the band name, and I just got home and hope I can function properly tomorrow.

:lol

call ya tomorrer!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: