MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

So what is the scene like in Hong Kong these days?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazzyHorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: So what is the scene like in Hong Kong these days? Reply with quote

Never having been anywhere near that part of the world, I'm curious: Have there been significant changes in freedom, openness etc since ong Kong became officially controlled by China? Is it a place tourists would want to visit? Is it similar to any other particular cities in the world?

I obviously have no clue...

C M cm_mp3@yahoo.com Javamusic Besonic ArtistLaunch mp3.com 1sound IUMA mp3.com.au

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: So what is the scene like in Hong Kong these days? Reply with quote

Hong Kong is like an amazing combination of East & West. Seriously! We have this modern technology, tall skyscrapers the highest % of mobile phone ownership and people still eat chicken feet, insides of ducks, snakes etc. hahahahaha For a former British colony, we have an appalling lack of good English speakers! hahahahaha

After 1997, not much change to be honest. China promised 50 years of no change (like that is possible!!)

There is no city like Hong Kong :D It's the gateway into China - which is still a culturally-shocking place. It's expensive and space is at a premium!

It's kind of like Taipei, Taiwan but yet different cause Taiwan is a huge country. Hong Kong is a 400 sq mile island plus the tip of mainland China. Hong Kong has a population that's 99% Chinese. 6.5 million people live here!

You might like to see the photos in this thread, that I posted:

pub40.ezboard.com/fmymp3b...D=83.topic

A short video is in this thread:

pub40.ezboard.com/fmymp3b...=355.topic

And whilst you're browsing our geographical threads, you may want to add your hometown to this one:

pub40.ezboard.com/fmymp3b...D=80.topic

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

Edited by: bbchris  at: 10/26/02 9:07:19 am
JazzyHorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: So what is the scene like in Hong Kong these days? Reply with quote

Great, thanks. The photos gave me a little sense of the place, very interesting.

C M cm_mp3@yahoo.com Javamusic Besonic ArtistLaunch mp3.com 1sound IUMA mp3.com.au

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: So what is the scene like in Hong Kong these days? Reply with quote

So you're from New Jersey? I think I've been near there. I've been to Quakertown in Pennsylvania and been driven to Ocean City (is that the name of the Vegas type place above New York?) So would I have been driven thru New Jersey?!?!

Jane Eliz|Blah Blah|Thinking Out Loud|Today's Song
|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: