MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLX180

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

Here are some shots I took from October 2000 in Shanghai, China. I posted these elsewhere too, just encase you get a sense of deja vu. Visiting this place was a great experience, and I'd recommend it even if you don't like communism :) I distinctly remember the constant mist, humidity, and bicycles everywhere. The biggest surprise was seeing how tall the Chinese people were. Trust me, they are not short-asses.

(All pics are compressed to improve your surfing experience).

Here are the bicycles, and the view from my hotel room.

Here's the TV market opening ceremony............

The local park at night........

Heh, I really remember this. The woman in the traditional dress was quietly minding her own business, when our tour group suddenly mobbed her with cameras. That's what she's laughing at.

Where the sane people go........

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

wow...

Shanghai looks like such a mix of old and new...

I love the picture of the girl in the red... - what's it called? - "kimono" is Japanese, right???

Being born and raised in North America, I really enjoy looking at pictures of places with ancient cultures... - I can sense that even from looking at those pictures...

Real nice.... - Thanks....

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

REALLY nice pictures, PLX......

PLX180

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

I'm glad you liked them Drooly :)

therapy?

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

Great photos!

People are taller in the North. I agree! They're shorter here though - I'm considered tall...

Drooly a 'kimono' is Japanese but you've asked a good question, cause I don't knowwhat she's wearing.....

| Jane Eliz | Blah Blah | Song of the Week
|

Shaky Tee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

Nice pictures, Jules!

My old boss from my last job had to go to Shanghai on business. Always took impressive pictures. The culture there kinda freaked her out, tho'.

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to Shanghai (pics as promised!) Reply with quote

You know, I wish we in North America would use bicycles more, and cars less. Sometimes, during rush hour, I'll see the freeways PACKED with cars, all with one person in them. Bikes are cool. I gotta get one.

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: From what I've read, Shanghai is supposed to be.. Reply with quote

This first cite of the 21st. century, (or most modern in the world...)

You would think then why so many bicycles, but in reality, we should be asking ourselves why we aren't using them more..

I'd love to go sometime..

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: From what I've read, Shanghai is supposed to be.. Reply with quote

There used to be a lot MORE bicycles in China, great to see people balancing everything on them from livestock to a sofa!! I hear they have a lot of bikes in Amsterdam?

|

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: I gotta good bike story for you... Reply with quote

I remember my 2 older brothers having their bikes w/training wheels and I couldn't wait to get off that tricycle I was stuck with and start riding the bigger bikes.. (Except they broke the traning wheels and I had to wait awhile longer to get them..)

Well, I didn't have time for that so I snuck out my older's brothers bike (W/O training wheels..) and I kept taking it up this little hill and rolling it down and jumping on that bike..

After crashing it about a dozen or more times, (And skinning and bruising myself to kingdom come..) I finally got that thing to stay upright.. (I remember I had to reall push down hard on the pedals to make sure the next one would come up..., I had pretty short legs in those days..)

I love bicycles myself.. Th old style types are my favorites.. The ones with the fenders, headlights, baskets, single gear types..

Edited by: Sterling30sg at: 9/8/02 5:42:19 pm
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I gotta good bike story for you... Reply with quote

hahahahaha Gregg! You sound persistent!

Do you know what? I'm really embarrassed to say I don't know how to ride a bike.... Who wants to teach me? :)

|

Sterling30sg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: You're kidding me... Reply with quote

It's fun, but you may not want to start on a 10 speed..

It's easy too.., you won't have a problem.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: You're kidding me... Reply with quote

Can I have a helmut and knee pads and elbow pads and training wheels? :banana

|

LarreeMP3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Awwwww. Poor little girl !!! Reply with quote

Come to Larree and he will teach you how to ride... a bicycle !!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: