MyMp3Board.com Forum Index

http://forum.mymp3board.com MyMp3Board.com   FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

BRITISH COUPLE HEADING FOR AUSTRALIA, END UP IN CANADA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: BRITISH COUPLE HEADING FOR AUSTRALIA, END UP IN CANADA Reply with quote

BRITISH COUPLE HEADING FOR AUSTRALIA, END UP IN SYDNEY, CANADA

2002-08-06 05:40 (New York)

London (dpa) - A young English couple headed for the holiday of a lifetime in sunny Australia have ended up in Canada's inhospitable Nova Scotia, the Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

Emma Nunn, 19, and boyfriend Raoul Sebastian failed to realize the mistake even when they were asked to fill out Canadian documents.

``On the plane, they handed out immigration forms asking how long we planned to stay in Canada. I told the stewardess it would surely only be a couple of hours, and she said, 'Fine, put two hours','' Nunn told the Telegraph.

After landing at Halifax, Nova Scotia, they were transferred to a 25-seat propeller plane, at which point Nunn, who lives in Sidcup, Kent, became a little suspicious.

``I'm not the best flyer in the world and I said I really couldn't see a small plane like that going all the way to Sydney,'' she said.

All was revealed when they arrived at Sydney on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia - a town with a population of 26,000, while their friends were waiting to pick them up at in Sydney, Australia.

Andrea Batten, a customer service agent for the regional carrier Air Canada Jazz, told the Telegraph how she was asked to welcome the holidaying couple.

``I was told: Can somebody go to the front desk, there is a couple who think they should be in Sydney, Australia,'' she said.

Residents of Halifax describe Sydney as ``probably one of the last places in Canada that you would go to for any reason whatsoever''.

After the two local industries, steel and coal, closed down

recently, the town was left with high unemployment and one of the worst industrial waste sites in the whole country.

Nunn and Sebastian had booked their tickets on the Internet for 740 pounds (1,150 dollars) each. The Association of British Travel Agents, whose members are suffering as a result of Internet bookings, said they were a superb advertisement for using travel agents.

``That is probably one of the drawbacks of the Internet - there is not a brain in the middle,'' a spokesman said

| Jane Eliz | Blah Blah | Song of the Week
|

PLX180

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Heh Reply with quote

I saw them moaning about it on TV yesterday.

Takes all sorts :)

PLX180

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

The page they used to select the booking looked pretty straight-forward too. You'd think they'd *check* something like that?

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "

Charlie Brown

Netjams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

What a trip :lol

Zomala for Dixie!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

lolololol....

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!

That's why I kinda try to avoid those discount Airlines.

But maybe I should give them a try.

That actually sounded like FUN......!!

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

Actually, I recorded an audio clip of one of the locals trying to give advice to the poor Lost Travellers....

You can hear it here.

bbchris
Princess Of Hongkong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

hahahaha I can't wait to hear that clip Drooly!!!!!!

It takes all sorts I suppose. I found some other funny stuff this morning, which I must scan in (OH MY GOD! Can I really face the scanner again!?!?!) hahhahhahaha

Chris

| Jane Eliz | Blah Blah | Song of the Week
|

droolymutt
No Underblurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

sigh

ok - the image got pooched in that post , but Chris, scroll up, and click the word "here" - the one that's underlined......

MIKE BURN
Generally Crazy Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Heh Reply with quote

LOL! :D :D :D :D :D :D

MIKE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MyMp3Board.com Forum Index -> BLAH-ARCHIVES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: